Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's monday....

But kind of nice, had a relaxing weekend.

Finally some time to spend with my guitars.

Noodlin on my trad I came across a nice riff that could become something nice.

And finally my OCD won the battle.

Replaced the pickup rings on my Trad with historic ones.

And that on a Lester means they don't fit right away.

You have to scrape and file to make em fit.

Bit of a pain in the A$$, but I love the results.

I don't know who at Gibson is responsible for the colouration of the plastics, but the results are very funny.

Stock it was dark-ish cream binding and pickguard. Very light cream pickup rings and piggypink-cream switch washer and the same for the output jack plate.

At least the historic plastics match better, not perfect but much better.

And in cream the fatter pickup rings look way better.

I can't wait to get home and play that thing.

Finally it's raining in Valecia, I love it.

I grew up in Switzerland to much sun makes me sick.

And I miss myst and snow.

But hey most people would love the mediteranian climate, isn't that bad at all.

Wish you all a very nice week!

Well, it's monday....

But kind of nice, had a relaxing weekend.

Finally some time to spend with my guitars.

Noodlin on my trad I came across a nice riff that could become something nice.

And finally my OCD won the battle.

Replaced the pickup rings on my Trad with historic ones.

And that on a Lester means they don't fit right away.

You have to scrape and file to make em fit.

Bit of a pain in the A$$, but I love the results.

I don't know who at Gibson is responsible for the colouration of the plastics, but the results are very funny.

Stock it was dark-ish cream binding and pickguard. Very light cream pickup rings and piggypink-cream switch washer and the same for the output jack plate.

At least the historic plastics match better, not perfect but much better.

And in cream the fatter pickup rings look way better.

I can't wait to get home and play that thing.

Finally it's raining in Valecia, I love it.

I grew up in Switzerland to much sun makes me sick.

And I miss myst and snow.

But hey most people would love the mediteranian climate, isn't that bad at all.

Wish you all a very nice week!

You can have my share of mist and snow my friend!

I don't do snow!!!!

Does OZ even have snow?

That's a real question.

Yes but only in the high country though Tassie being so far south can get some at times.

The nearest snow to me is about an hour & a half in the great dividing ranges up behind me. Thee are popular Ski fields there.

Nothing down here in the foothills though.

I didn't think you got snow either. I hate shoveling now, hurts my back so we need to get a bigger snow blower this yr. I know I have to start taking out some money from my 401-k by the time I hit 65, so I'm thinking about getting one. Maybe a riding lawn mower too.

I didn't think you got snow either. I hate shoveling now, hurts my back so we need to get a bigger snow blower this yr. I know I have to start taking out some money from my 401-k by the time I hit 65, so I'm thinking about getting one. Maybe a riding lawn mower too.

Yeah it's only in the very south at ground level, never where I am fortunately. I saw so much of it in 62/63 in London that I never want to see it again.

At almost 70 and with a crook back, I have to use machinery to get things done here. I could not survive without a tractor and ride on mowers. I also need my chainsaws, brush-cutter etc, though brush-cutting is almost beyond me nowadays as it involves twisting. Up until this season I have always cut my own firewood off the property but this year I had to get my boys to help.

Sign of the times?

1446444079[/url]' post='1707628']

It's was 11:00 here, but now it's 10:00.

Regardless, time for one last snack, and off to bed.

Movies are either a Bond film with Brosnan, or a Star Trek movie.

You like Star Trek too? I've watched the original TV episodes every night and even reruns a few times and most of the Movies. My bed time is whenever I get tired now. Might bs 11:00 to 2:00 depending how busy the day. Sleep in till I wake up around 6:00 to 8:00. This is the life.

1446444262[/url]' post='1707629']

That's the GOOD life right there.

msp_thumbup.gif I here you. Lol I describe to people who ask me what retired life is like, and I tell them; "it's like the movie, Ground Hog Day." Every day is like the same day, Only, you can do whatever you want to do! I lose count on days, Mon.- Sun, every day is a Holiday. The only day that stands out is Sun. Because we go to church. It's fun that we can go to movies when everyone is at work and in school. We have the theater too our self. We eat out a lot on double coupons or points where you buy one and get one free meal. They say Nebraska is the good life.

1446580377[/url]' post='1708175']

Yeah it's only in the very south at ground level, never where I am fortunately. I saw so much of it in 62/63 in London that I never want to see it again.

At almost 70 and with a crook back, I have to use machinery to get things done here. I could not survive without a tractor and ride on mowers. I also need my chainsaws, brush-cutter etc, though brush-cutting is almost beyond me nowadays as it involves twisting. Up until this season I have always cut my own firewood off the property but this year I had to get my boys to help.

Sign of the times?

The most snow I ever saw in my life was in the mountains. I want to say Montana, but not sure. It was on Sun Road. Is that up in Glacier National Park? Anyway, we went up to the visitor center and I had, wherever they went, photos of the snow there. It went over the top of the buildings roof. The road was a huge wall of snow that was so much higher then busses and semi trucks. When the bring up a speacial snow plow to do the street, the edge of the road by the cliff is marked off with tree poles, like telephone poles. So the plows don't drive off the cliffs. Of course, when it has a threat of snow, they close it off up there to traffic until they have a chance to clear it off again.

msp_thumbup.gif I here you. Lol I describe to people who ask me what retired life is like, and I tell them; "it's like the movie, Ground Hog Day." Every day is like the same day, Only, you can do whatever you want to do! I lose count on days, Mon.- Sun, every day is a Holiday. The only day that stands out is Sun. Because we go to church. It's fun that we can go to movies when everyone is at work and in school. We have the theater too our self. We eat out a lot on double coupons or points where you buy one and get one free meal. They say Nebraska is the good life.

I try to do diffrent stuff every weekend so it feels different to the week. I hate retirement actually right from day one.

The most snow I ever saw in my life was in the mountains. I want to say Montana, but not sure. It was on Sun Road. Is that up in Glacier National Park? Anyway, we went up to the visitor center and I had, wherever they went, photos of the snow there. It went over the top of the buildings roof. The road was a huge wall of snow that was so much higher then busses and semi trucks. When the bring up a speacial snow plow to do the street, the edge of the road by the cliff is marked off with tree poles, like telephone poles. So the plows don't drive off the cliffs. Of course, when it has a threat of snow, they close it off up there to traffic until they have a chance to clear it off again.

Brrrrr! Snow!

Holds up rope of garlic and cross to ward the evil off~

Hi all, well what a week it's been. I was visiting some friends and asked to use their bathroom, whilst in there a 3ftX2ft mirror fell off the wall and fell on my head. Not only did the mirror crack on impact but as I pushed the mirror off myself, the mirror slipped and smashed a porcelain toothbrush/glass holder. I was lucky that I didn't end up being cut, just a nasty bump which resembled a growing horn.

kind regards, Emma :)

Hi all, well what a week it's been. I was visiting some friends and asked to use their bathroom, whilst in there a 3ftX2ft mirror fell off the wall and fell on my head. Not only did the mirror crack on impact but as I pushed the mirror off myself, the mirror slipped and smashed a porcelain toothbrush/glass holder. I was lucky that I didn't end up being cut, just a nasty bump which resembled a growing horn.

Um???? I suppose I'll be the one to ask, what were you doing in there to dislodge the mirror?

No, wait on, perhaps I'd rather not know!

Glad you are alright mate....Grin~

1446716671[/url]' post='1708697']

Brrrrr! Snow!

Holds up rope of garlic and cross to ward the evil off~

Too funny dig. I don't mind it. Actually it is very pretty at the first snowfall, you get up and everything is untouched and perfect for photos. I don't like it when it's all sloppy and dirty and the streets are packed with a ice mixture and you have to keep washing your car to get the crap off to prevent rust on the car. But I love going out in sweatshirts and jackets or coat. I own several jeans I got from cabellas that are double insulated. You just got to dress for the weather. What I hate is going out in summer with a Tee or tank top, shorts and sandals on, and 15 minutes later your soaked with sweat from the humidity. So if I take Sundance for a walk, I have to get to the lake at 5:30 in the morning when they open in the dark for a 4 mile walk around it. Otherwise it about kills the dog with black fur when it warms up. Dobermans can't take the heat. I used to show them, and I've heard a couple of black males at outside shows collapsed and died in the heat. If it's hot out, I soak him down in water and make sure he's drinking water. But he's an inside spoiled dog.

1446751748[/url]' post='1708841']

Might order a new gun safe today if the company answers some questions that I have asked.

If they don't reply then I will get one somewhere else.

Gonna build it into a cupboard in this room (study) and it will be a place to lock up other small valuables too.

http://www.gunmate.c...rifle-gun-case/

I need another one to. Mine is so packed, I ordered a door rack so I could take the handguns off the shelfs and hang them on the rack. It holds about 15 of them. I have 5 lthat are so big they take up two hangers. They have 8 to 10" barrels. The rifle side is completely full too and then all the ammo is packed in two shelfs. I need one safe just for ammo but it has to be way bigger then that one. I'd like to store ammo in the one I have, and get a new one for the guns but the ones I've seen are around $3,000.00.

I need another one to. Mine is so packed, I ordered a door rack so I could take the handguns off the shelfs and hang them on the rack. It holds about 15 of them. I have 5 lthat are so big they take up two hangers. They have 8 to 10" barrels. The rifle side is completely full too and then all the ammo is packed in two shelfs. I need one safe just for ammo but it has to be way bigger then that one. I'd like to store ammo in the one I have, and get a new one for the guns but the ones I've seen are around $3,000.00.

We are not exactly encouraged to own guns in this country and as a result I have just 4. A .22 cal bolt action (semi's are banned), a single barrel shotgun (for snakes) and both .22 and .177 cal air rifles. I use the air rifles mainly because all the properties around me have people, buildings and animals. I mostly shoot rabbits and that's all that is needed.

There is no such thing as having guns for self defence in this country (unless you are a Crim.) as the storage requirements mean they are seldom available when needed. If the police do a random check, and they do, and find even one cartridge unsecured they will confiscate ALL you guns and ammunition, and you will go to court and have a criminal conviction registered against you. It's a "Police State" here in that respect!

By the time I unlock a safe to get a firearm and then unlock another storage within the safe (must be separately locked) to get the ammo, whatever I wanted to shoot has moved on.

Meanwhile the Crims. are getting all the guns they want and there are gang related shootings in the suburbs almost daily, but showing they are doing something there is much harder than hassling legal shooters.

Um???? I suppose I'll be the one to ask, what were you doing in there to dislodge the mirror?

No, wait on, perhaps I'd rather not know!

Glad you are alright mate....Grin~

Hi Digger, the funny thing about this, is that I was helping them with the housework. I cleaned the mirror but I must have dislodged the clips that was holding it in place. I then started wiping the towel rail and then.....donk....the mirror fell and hit me on the head. [blush]

Hi Digger, the funny thing about this, is that I was helping them with the housework. I cleaned the mirror but I must have dislodged the clips that was holding it in place. I then started wiping the towel rail and then.....donk....the mirror fell and hit me on the head. [blush]

Housework? You were helping them with the housework?

Emma have you got a passport? We need you here NOW!

(Free Vegemite)

Housework? You were helping them with the housework?

Emma have you got a passport? We need you here NOW!

(Free Vegemite)

Hi Digger, you made me have a good chuckle reading this [thumbup]

I'm just a rock n roll animal at heart :lol:

But I do enjoy cleaning, it's a great stress buster (apart from black gloss furniture, which I sold, it was a dust magnet)

Mmmm, free Vegemite.........very tempting

Hi Digger, you made me have a good chuckle reading this [thumbup]

I'm just a rock n roll animal at heart :lol:

But I do enjoy cleaning, it's a great stress buster (apart from black gloss furniture, which I sold, it was a dust magnet)

Mmmm, free Vegemite.........very tempting

Living here in rural Oz is extremely dusty too Emma and we can never keep up. Having wood fires and a dog don't help actually.

Archived