Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

1449966103[/url]' post='1720425']

I could murder a duck spring roll. Or 3. With sweet and sour pork, sauce and some special fried rice. Water chestnuts.

And the rest.

Is that what those things are called? I always wanted to know. Thanks! "Water Chestnuts." I love the sweet and sour but I like to add onion, peppers, pineapple, some different types of chicken and then pour the sweet & sour sauce over top. We're going back to China Buffet Christmas Day. There the only place that stays open and they are crowded.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's on my mind is changing strings as I have a gig next Saturday and I want to put a new set on the Strat well before then so I don't get any problems.

I also ought to change strings on some or all of my other guitars - it's Xmas....good time to stock up on a few more packs too....might even get another tuner....

Disappointed in my Snark tuner. Socket broke (ball and socket joint to h'stock clip) and it eats lithium batteries. If I get another it will be Korg.

I got one, but haven't even tried it yet.

Kinda same story: Snark broke at the same place.

Trip to GC where I bought it revealed that (I think on purpose), they do NOT sell the cheaper Snarks. So now, by going with THEIR selection in stock, instead of 15 bucks, it's 25-50 bucks.

I went with KORG because, well, I'm kinda a Korg guy. ALWAYS liked Korgs a little better.

Anyway, a little while later, I kinda became interessted in the "Hammerhead" from Korg- looked neat. Also, there was a thread on this very forum about the "Polytune Clip", touting how great it was, so I eventually went back to a GC to try them both out.

The Polytune was everything they said: tunes REAL good and fast and accurate, but the 'poly' feature (where you strum all strings at once and it reads them all) worked but read them a little off, so basically not accurate that way. But like a regular clip on, works like it's worth the 50 bucks.

The Kork Hammerhead, while it seemed a bit slower to pick up the notes, WAS just as accurate, and while the way it displays takes a bit to get used to, seemed like it could be a really good tuner. I like the pretty lights, but also, seemed like it would work really well, especially in a playing situation where tuning quick is the thing.

As it is, I still haven't taken the Korg I got out of the box.

Yes I think Korg are generally the best tuners (though I never tried one of those expensive strobes).

I still have and use my very old Korg DT1 cassette-sized tuner which I've had for ??-30 yrs....trouble is I left it at the bass players' house 35 miles away...

Korg 'Pitchblack' series look nifty - how about the Pitchblack Portable Polyphonic [laugh] ?

http://www.korg.com/us/products/tuners/

Not keen on the clip + ball&socket joint system.

But Korg also show a basic, cheap magnetic one - "Magnetune" - on their page which sticks to a machine head; no clip.

That'll do....I just ordered 2. [thumbup]

Apart from this, the Planet Waves micro is small, un-noticeable and also cheap.

http://www.planetwaves.com/pwTunersandMetronomes.Page?ActiveID=4097

Yes I think Korg are generally the best tuners (though I never tried one of those expensive strobes).

I still have and use my very old Korg DT1 cassette-sized tuner which I've had for ??-30 yrs....trouble is I left it at the bass players' house 35 miles away...

Not keen on the clip + ball&socket joint system.

But Korg also show a basic, cheap magnetic one - "Magnetune" - on their page which sticks to a machine head; no clip.

That'll do....I just ordered 2. [thumbup]

Apart from this, the Planet Waves micro is small, un-noticeable and also cheap.

http://www.planetwaves.com/pwTunersandMetronomes.Page?ActiveID=4097

The DT-1...THAT's the tuner that first impressed me when I worked at GC.

I have two pedal/stage tuners, the Boss TU-2 and the Korg DT-10. I like the Korg better. It's faster, more sensitive. But also, I don't gig anymore.

I am keen on the cheap clip-on stuff, especially now that they seem to work. I don't mind if they beak when they can be replaced for 10-15 bucks. And really great for having around the house. But they seem to be replacing pedal/stage tuners, which I see people using more. So that's part of where my interest came.

Are they that good yet? I don't know....still don't quite have confidence.

"You should've shot one of those kangaroo for camp meat "

Chuckle...we go there to see them, not eat them!!!

As it happens I don't shoot anything that is native here, that's just me though as Roo is very healthy lean meat enjoyed by many.

Bella was so excited to see us all she could do was cry. She loved being back home and ran everywhere! She was a tired little doggie when I put her to bed last night I can tell you.

Here's a few photos of my fishing exploits last week.

My humble little fishing boat.

IMG_0975_zpsua7nqgun.jpg

My best friend Dave with a fat bream.

DSCF3921_zps2fjuee40.jpg

A nice bag of dusky flathead (Yum)DSCF3925_zpsxjxd4zes.jpg

The rest of the day's catch inc. the big fat bream the pelican pinched.

DSCF3926_zps1cr8v1sd.jpg

"You should've shot one of those kangaroo for camp meat "

Chuckle...we go there to see them, not eat them!!!

As it happens I don't shoot anything that is native here, that's just me though as Roo is very healthy lean meat enjoyed by many.

Bella was so excited to see us all she could do was cry. She loved being back home and ran everywhere! She was a tired little doggie when I put her to bed last night I can tell you.

Might be tough to hit one,the way they run and bounce. Maybe similar to our whitetail deer? My .338 Winchester magnum would knock it down with a quickness.

Might be tough to hit one,the way they run and bounce. Maybe similar to our whitetail deer? My .338 Winchester magnum would knock it down with a quickness.

They stop to graze so hitting them on the move would be the last option if you want a clean kill.

Well, I been lazy. Not productive at all around the house.

I think, part of it is being tired, not just lazy. I'm still young enough for hard work, which, I do. But as I get older, having the energy is more scarce.

I think it's normal, as one ages, to take longer to recover, be it healing, exorcise, energy levels.

Also, winter. Natural to kinda gear down I think. Also, I have always been kinda lizard-like, in that HEAT makes me more active.

Anyway, being single, alone, I get a certain freedom in putting off chores. But it's bothering me the mess I got. I don't have stinky garbage or dirty shower/toilet, but there is a lot of trash to deal with, including my truck.

While I got LOTS of empty space, I don't have a lot of furniture like tables, bookshelves, things that make places for things. As a consequence, what little spaces there are are stacked, and the floor I have been using for "paperwork". It LOOKS terrible. I can do better.

I think I am gonna start by emptying the truck.

Welcome back home. That top fish looks better eating then those black fish. My dad always caught these black bull heads when I was a kid. I think that's what turned me off of fish. Never cared for those muddy bottom fish. I do like Walleye and Northern Pike though. Bass isn't bad either.

1450044642[/url]' post='1720732']

Well, I been lazy. Not productive at all around the house.

I think, part of it is being tired, not just lazy. I'm still young enough for hard work, which, I do. But as I get older, having the energy is more scarce.

I think it's normal, as one ages, to take longer to recover, be it healing, exorcise, energy levels.

Also, winter. Natural to kinda gear down I think. Also, I have always been kinda lizard-like, in that HEAT makes me more active.

Anyway, being single, alone, I get a certain freedom in putting off chores. But it's bothering me the mess I got. I don't have stinky garbage or dirty shower/toilet, but there is a lot of trash to deal with, including my truck.

While I got LOTS of empty space, I don't have a lot of furniture like tables, bookshelves, things that make places for things. As a consequence, what little spaces there are are stacked, and the floor I have been using for "paperwork". It LOOKS terrible. I can do better.

I'm glad someone else feels this way. I'm worn out today, fell asleep twice now just on these two posts. My wife has had me busy at her Aunts in the rain cleaning out her gutters. I sent her an text telling her she's getting my double time and a half plus emergency house call fees today. Then sent her two photos of different Gibson guitars and said I could let her off cheap if she bought me one! Lol. We have already spent over $6,000.00 helping her out and me doing a lot of work there. Plus I haven't had my nap time today. I need to get back on Mega Men's Energy Vitamins.

Retired - nope, I'd take a feed of flathead over bream (not that bream isn't nice). Whiting vs flathead would be a tough choice. Snapper, Barra or Dory would be around the very top of my list though but much more work to catch in Australia (Snapper fishing in New Zealand was as easy as you like)!

Stein - I'm your age and always thought that if I was single (hmm, which last was the case when I was about 14...) that I'd have the most minimalist place with one of everything and no crap lying around anywhere... which I guess might be some kind of mental escapism from the way my family seems to like to live [scared]

Retired - nope, I'd take a feed of flathead over bream (not that bream isn't nice). Whiting vs flathead would be a tough choice. Snapper, Barra or Dory would be around the very top of my list though but much more work to catch in Australia (Snapper fishing in New Zealand was as easy as you like)!

Stein - I'm your age and always thought that if I was single (hmm, which last was the case when I was about 14...) that I'd have the most minimalist place with one of everything and no crap lying around anywhere... which I guess might be some kind of mental escapism from the way my family seems to like to live [scared]

I prefer flathead to eat over most things but like you whiting would be up there!

We had a big feed that night and it was beautiful. Flathead tails in Melbourne can reach $50/kilo these days, and on that basis we had $100 worth of fish,

My wife has had me busy at her Aunts in the rain

Did I mention it was raining. Here, In..Portland....raining?

Not that it's a big deal here. That it rains. Often. Just that, you know, it is. Raining.

I don't remember where you are.

1450049356[/url]' post='1720761']

Did I mention it was raining. Here, In..Portland....raining?

Not that it's a big deal here. That it rains. Often. Just that, you know, it is. Raining.

I don't remember where you are.

I'm in Omaha Nebraska. My wife lets her Aunt live in the house her Grandmother willed to us. It's rained for two nights and two days and still is with light sprinkles. The snow on the ground and ice all melted. We don't usually get rain this time of year. I asked the wife if she wanted to move to Portland once and she yelled at me: "Don't You Know It Rains There Six Months Out Of The Year?"msp_scared.gif

Baby sitting today till 5:00. He is getting cuter every day. At one, he is rock and rolling machine. He moves, bounces and shakes his head and moves his arms around and dances to music. Disney stuff you would think kids would groove to, he stares and listens to. Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog he loves and grooves but he prefers Daddy's hip hop music. Back Street Boys and such. eusa_boohoo.gif

That's mental cruelty!

Get him into Blues~

I have to go into town this morning as I need both diesel and petrol for the machines here. Managed to complete a round of mowing (5 acres) and a lot of slashing, also some weed poisoning.

I need a haircut, need to get paint for outdoor setting, mortar to fix my fire-pit and a few other things so I can continue to get ready for Christmas. Oh yeah, get both gas bottles filled so I can cook!

Both our granddaughter and her boyfriend (staying with us) went into town yesterday and picked up jobs until after Christmas. They both start this morning. They are travelling Oz working where they can.

He's a newly qualified chef and she works in hairdressing (not qualified yet). They are 20 years old and having them here makes me remember something of what it was like to be that old. Vague memories admittedly~

I agree Rob, I never cared for the sons taste in music but we only see the grandson two days a week. Right now he's a big mommas boy but he does love his mom and dad. A lazy sort of day today, Deb gone most of it and I played a couple of guitars for awhile. Then walked the dog. Crummy sort of day out and very breezy.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue...

There's a record that never gets old or tired. [thumbup] Always a favorite. Sketches of Spain as well.

As for the weather... 78˚ Fahrenheit today and supposed to be 82˚ tomorrow... ridiculously and unseasonably warm even for North Florida. That said the weekend might dip into the 40s for the lows. Brrrr.... [biggrin]

Just wanted to see if I could play the 1st part of Evil Ways by Santana. So checked it out on guitar tricks and the 1st part didn't look too difficult so I tried it and thought it was about as difficult as trying to balance yourself on a rubber ball in the middle of the ocean. msp_scared.gif Went to work out, then eat and came back for another 1st lesson again. Kept trying it over and over and I think I might be getting the hang of the strumming. I guess like they say, don't give up and practice over and over again. It would be cool if I could learn even half that song.

I guess the only thing on my mind is as we approach the holidays, instead of joy I feel more sorrow for all the folks everywhere who have health issues they have to deal with on a daily basis. Yesterday my wife's friend went in to the hospital with throat issues. She has major Arthritus and the medicine her doctor gave her causes asphyxiate problems swallowing and acid reflect problems. She has to have someone cut her meat for her and can't swallow too large of a piece. Her diet will be worse then a diabetic. So I guess it made me think of every person here on the Gibson Board with health issues and I would just like to send prayers and best wishes for all those here for these Holidays and the new Year. God Bless!

Archived