Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

I guess the only thing on my mind is as we approach the holidays, instead of joy I feel more sorrow for all the folks everywhere who have health issues they have to deal with on a daily basis. Yesterday my wife's friend went in to the hospital with throat issues. She has major Arthritus and the medicine her doctor gave her causes asphyxiate problems swallowing and acid reflect problems. She has to have someone cut her meat for her and can't swallow too large of a piece. Her diet will be worse then a diabetic. So I guess it made me think of every person here on the Gibson Board with health issues and I would just like to send prayers and best wishes for all those here for these Holidays and the new Year. God Bless!

Thanks mate!

Very nice of you.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess on my mind is this hot spell sitting over us until next week, and the work I still have to do outside yet before Christmas day.

Bushfires are of course a greater risk when it heats up and we are in a fire prone area.

1450379628[/url]' post='1722098']

I guess on my mind is this hot spell sitting over us until next week, and the work I still have to do outside yet before Christmas day.

Bushfires are of course a greater risk when it heats up and we are in a fire prone area.

Like my wife keeps preaching to me: "Now don't over exert yourself in this heat, if you get too hot, come inside and take a break!" msp_flapper.gif "And there's always tomorrow!" Funny thing though, she never offers to go out and help?msp_confused.gif Lol. By the way, several years ago I picked up on Facebook this 3 letter thing, "LOL" for anyone not knowing what it means, it means Laugh Out Loud. I got to thinking about so many from different countries and not used to us dumb Americans. Ha ha, I've heard many years ago that we screwed up the English language. msp_thumbup.gif

several years ago I picked up on Facebook this 3 letter thing, "LOL" for anyone not knowing what it means, it means Laugh Out Loud. I got to thinking about so many from different countries and not used to us dumb Americans. msp_thumbup.gif

yeah, in the past some folks were known to use LOL as shorthand for 'Lots of Love' - if you are one of them, these days its probably best not to use it on bereavement condolence cards...

The past is always close at this time. As another year fades to end and a new one appears, fresh still, but perhaps with ever-lessening vibrancy.

Ah, so its time to watch this again...and I'm 18,19,20 and we are all running from this country town to Brisbane, to Sydney, to Melbourne in a crazy scrambled rush to be adults.

Slow down boy, slow now

Nice video. I wish time could slow down some. I spent over 34 years wanting it to go fast to get out of the railroad. Now my wife can't wait to turn 60 next year. She'll get half my retirement plus her school pension. I told her, "Gee Whiz, why don't you bump me off and you'll get my whole pension?" Ha! Yes, May 11, 2016 I have to start watching my blind side.msp_scared.gif

Came home from church and we stopped at Summer Kitchen. Tables were all full and we were the next to get one. So the wife says, "there's no place to sit down, we're not waiting." So we get in her car and she drives 15 minutes or so to another Summer Kitchen, I go in to place our names in while she parks the car and we both stand and wait 15 to 20 minutes and finally sit down for another 10 minutes before we get a table. Sometimes I look at her and wonder where's the reasoning here? If we stayed at the other place we could have been done eating way before we got a table at the bigger restaurant. msp_scared.gifdry.gifmsp_ohmy.gifeusa_wall.gifPlus she is never wrong and loves to debate or argue she is right and knows best , so I just have this confused dumb look on my face.msp_confused.gif Lest I sleep out side in the cold.sad.gifeusa_doh.gifmsp_drool.gifmsp_blink.gif

Family arriving today so I'm gonna put them to work!

Then a big BBQ tonight to feed the buggers.

Grand daughter and her bloke have been here for 2 weeks and they are excited as they are getting a new puppy from the animal rescue today. I gave then a tent we haven't used for years yesterday, and it's a really good commercial quality one that should see them right for years. They are travelling around Oz working and camping wherever they go, so better accommodation was called for. They slept in it out on the lawn last night.

They are leaving us Boxing Day.

1450912732[/url]' post='1723830']

Trip into New York to buy a motorcycle tomorrow, that's what's on my mind.

Congratulations!

Worked on playing and trying to memorize what I've learned so far on Stairway to Heaven. Then worked out 5:30 to 7:00 pm. Did my legs, could hardly walk down the stairs to the locker room and showers. Might go to the movies with the wife tomorrow. The kids left for Chicago then up to Michigan tomorrow.

I was reading a discussion piece about Christmas on our ABC website earlier this morning and within a dozen posts it had turned into a discussion about sport!

Only in Australia~

No real surprise there Digger because sport IS religion in Australia! :)

Neither of us could sleep today, my thigh had a burn from a old copper knee brace and woke me with persistent itching. Our Doberman was laying across our bed crowding out the wife so we decided to get up at 3:00 am and open our gifts. I got my B9 organ machine pedal. It sounds awesome on a few settings. There's a couple of sounds I probably won't use but overall I love it. We will go to AMC and out to eat Chinese later. It snowed 9 1/2" yesterday and we were busy shoveling out our place, our sons, as they are out of town, my wife's aunts place and my mothers place, so we got home and had to take a couple of arthritis pain killers. A break will be nice today. Merry Christmas to all. "I know it's over for you Rob."

I opened my B9 Organ pedal and tried it out. With all the settings on my amp and the pedal itself, it's fantastic!! msp_thumbup.gif I can go to an actual organ sound for songs like "House Of The Rising Sun" to these weird sounding clicks or chimes that made me smile, with 9 different organ sounds and 40 different amp settings to combine with each other I can get hundreds of different sounds. I have delay, chorus delay, tape echo, filtron, pitch shift, G4 rotary, twin term, org phase, flanger, multi chorus, ce chorus, fuzz, metal dis, organ dist, gold drive, tube od, treble boost, brn octave, u-vibe, auto wah, acoustic, comp, U.S. Blues, Cali clean, plus 8 more I can combine in any order and all the user buttons to change. Finally got that low amp setting guitar sound I've been looking for. I wanted every thing turned down low like on #1 and hit the strings and get the guitar to ring out forever picking up louder as it went. msp_scared.gif

Neither of us could sleep today, my thigh had a burn from a old copper knee brace and woke me with persistent itching. Our Doberman was laying across our bed crowding out the wife so we decided to get up at 3:00 am and open our gifts. I got my B9 organ machine pedal. It sounds awesome on a few settings. There's a couple of sounds I probably won't use but overall I love it. We will go to AMC and out to eat Chinese later. It snowed 9 1/2" yesterday and we were busy shoveling out our place, our sons, as they are out of town, my wife's aunts place and my mothers place, so we got home and had to take a couple of arthritis pain killers. A break will be nice today. Merry Christmas to all. "I know it's over for you Rob."

Well not quite over actually as we have a busy morning getting the place right for another onslaught of relatives this afternoon.

Sorry about your sleeping problem but I slept the sleep of the dead last night, well until about 5 that is. We have both been working very hard to see our guests had a nice day and were totally bushed when we hit the cot at about 9.30 last night. Still that's what happens at Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
1452460980[/url]' post='1729305']

Did a roast leg of lamb in the wood oven last night......Mmmmmmmm!

Half the cooking time was with smoke injected into the oven and the meat had a lovely smokey flavour.

Gonna be doing that again!

Sounds good. I've never tried lamb. Wife made chicken and dumplings here. Really great. Tonight we're battling the cold and eating downtown. Had a pub catch fire and burned down. Apartments were above so folks lost their homes.

Lamb is expensive here and we've got millions of the wooly little buggers! There is a TV campaign running to promote eating lamb here currently but I suspect that it's just become too expensive for many families to afford.

It may become scarce here too if prices stay at the current high levels, and that would be a shame as the Sunday roast tradition has been popular since I was a little tacker. A leg big enough for a family is now often in the $30 range, though I buy a couple when they are on special, and freeze them, or buy a small piece enough for 2 and a dog.

I may have had a win as they are erecting a cellphone tower just down from the end of our street! Where I live runs through a winding valley and there has been next to no mobile coverage for the 14 kilometres involved and yet there is a lot of traffic moves through the area daily. It is the access to the south coast of NSW and the snowfields up behind us including huge wilderness areas in the ranges.

For years I've been campaigning for a better mobile coverage here and have lobbied all of the communications ministers and local members on a regular basis. I've been to meetings about it too.

My concern hasn't been especially for better mobile coverage at home, but for better emergency phone access along this piece of road. My wife, mother, daughter and grand daughter all regularly use that bit of road.

So this is a real victory, and has largely come about through contact with our existing Prime Minister, from when he was the Communications Minister. After my last submission his answer stated that we met all the

"Black Spot" funding requirements and would be put on the list!! However when dealing with politicians I always hold a fair degree of scepticism and wasn't really holding my breath, but here it is at last. (almost)

The unsought after benefit may be better mobile coverage here on the property. It's only the last 3 or 4 years that we have had any coverage at all! Even then we mostly only get texts as voice calls are unreliable. If perchance coverage is reasonable, we will cancel the landline and just use our mobiles as the monthly service costs of a landline are ridiculous! That means we will be able to receive emergency broadcasts in case of approaching fires and that would be a very desirable thing. Now if only they would fix the internet here~

Ol' Dig might be moving into the current technological era soon?????

Archived