Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

Ok, yesterday I read on face book that guys wrap there strings over the bridge and that it gives them more sustain. Others say you have to lower the bridge first so the strings don't touch the back of the saddle. Does anyone here do that or are they nuts? It's been on my mind. A couple of guys said they tried it and it didn't do much at all. But it's Facebook, and you guys have more knowledge.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in hospital again last night!

Were going to operate last today, then tomorrow, now talking about Thursday, and no guarantees. Might see if I can get a private specialit organised tomorrow and give this place the flick.

Ok, yesterday I read on face book that guys wrap there strings over the bridge and that it gives them more sustain. Others say you have to lower the bridge first so the strings don't touch the back of the saddle. Does anyone here do that or are they nuts? It's been on my mind. A couple of guys said they tried it and it didn't do much at all. But it's Facebook, and you guys have more knowledge.

There have been several threads/posts on this subject, known as top-wrapping.

IMO it makes no difference really except to decrease the break angle of the strings over the bridge saddles. Will that improve tone? No, don't think so....

Were going to operate last today, then tomorrow, now talking about Thursday, and no guarantees. Might see if I can get a private specialit organised tomorrow and give this place the flick.

Cripes Dig! Best wishes to you, you are really going through some heavy stuff at the moment; hope it all works out WELL!

There have been several threads/posts on this subject, known as top-wrapping.

IMO it makes no difference really except to decrease the break angle of the strings over the bridge saddles. Will that improve tone? No, don't think so....

Cripes Dig! Best wishes to you, you are really going through some heavy stuff at the moment; hope it all works out WELL!

Thanks mate. We'll get there in the end I suppose but its a battle atm.

1465201037[/url]' post='1775564']

As much as you've been to that hospital this year, let's hope you don't call it home! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery after the surgery.msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

As much as you've been to that hospital this year, let's hope you don't call it home! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery after the surgery.msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Yes it will be good to get it behind me for sure thanks fellas.

Archived