Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dig. Gael's paintings are very good. Tell her that for me. The first one looked like water color till you said pastel. Tell her I've tried just about every medium their is in the past and stumbled onto something I really like and have been using it for decades. After I sketch, I use Prisma colored pencils. You have to work light colors to dark. Then after the drawing is done, I use acrylic paint to go over it. Sometimes it will be only high lights and other times it will be a lot of the painting as fur and texture requires more acrylic. One thing is that if you make a mistake, you can easily wipe the paint off the prismatic color pencil while it's still wet without messing up the painting. When it's done, it looks more like an oil painting and allows for great detail. The only thing is prisma pencils are getting expensive these days. Tell her I love her paintings for me. msp_thumbup.gif

Choices can tend to complicate things somewhat can't they?

Why not post in both?

Copy & paste works for me.

I haven't evolved to copy and paste yet. So, I just copy manually.

It's like Jazz, man. Never type exactly the same thing twice. Keeps it a little more interesting.

At what age does the mind start to go? Well for years in the 50's, I've gone upstairs to get something and get there and wonder: "Now What Did I Come Up Here For?" Can't remember why, so go back down, and it dawns on me then it's back up again. In my late 50's, it's more like two trips up and down and forgetting both times up. Lol. Today after missing a few items since October the 5th I decided to go on a man hunt to find my hearing aid remote contol. Looked everywhere and in the car. Nowhere. I did finally find two items I've been missing for over a month. Then it dawned on me. Camera Bag!! My hearing aid remote was in the camera bag I was going to take on vacation September 23 on our Canadian Niagra Falls trip. But changed camera bags the day before the trip. Now if I could just find my good glasses I had made right before I retired. Honestly, I think I need to carry around a note book making notes of everything I do. Anybody else have these problems? msp_scared.gif Lol

At what age does the mind start to go? Well for years in the 50's, I've gone upstairs to get something and get there and wonder: "Now What Did I Come Up Here For?" Honestly, I think I need to carry around a note book making notes of everything I do. Anybody else have these problems? msp_scared.gif Lol

I'm doing that exact same thing right now...I'm not quite 50 yet.

I recently got some "books" and folders for various jobs at work, went overboard in fact, getting one for this and one for that. Was getting pretty good at writing EVERYTHING down, even if I didn't think I needed to. But last week, ran into a real problem because what I had written down I couldn't find, and had too much stuff written in too many books.

You see, it was written down, just couldn't remember WHERE it was written down. And that don't count the times I just plain forgot my "book".

Anyway, I am currently looking for stuff around the house, finding stuff, loosing stuff, and trying to figure out what I am doing, should be doing, and what order to do them in. But, I'm having fun at it.

1448830088[/url]' post='1716604']

I recently got some "books" and folders for various jobs at work, went overboard in fact, getting one for this and one for that. Was getting pretty good at writing EVERYTHING down, even if I didn't think I needed to. But last week, ran into a real problem because what I had written down I couldn't find, and had too much stuff written in too many books.

You see, it was written down, just couldn't remember WHERE it was written down. And that don't count the times I just plain forgot my "book".

Anyway, I am currently looking for stuff around the house, finding stuff, loosing stuff, and trying to figure out what I am doing, should be doing, and what order to do them in. But, I'm having fun at it.

Thank God then it's not just me! I used to be very sharp. My wife has been bad like this for years. Once she lost her car keys and I found them in the refrigerator. I'm not joking, in the fridge. But now we're both getting like this and we can spend days hunting for stuff. But your right, I guess it is too funny. Today we missed church hunting for my hearing aid remote so we decided to go to Valentinos for breakfast and they told us a bunch of employees didn't come in today and so they were not ready for the first group. So our meal was free. We insisted on paying but they refused so we gave a big tip.

Making bread today with my 9 year old daughter Mara. It smells like my grandmas kitchen in here. What a nice memory that brings back to my mind.

The secret to making good bread is high protein flour,which makes good elastic dough. Any bread makers in the house?

Making bread today with my 9 year old daughter Mara. It smells like my grandmas kitchen in here. What a nice memory that brings back to my mind.

The secret to making good bread is high protein flour,which makes good elastic dough. Any bread makers in the house?

I'm about as good at making bread as I am at playing guitar!

Fortunately our breadmaker does it all for me!

Yummy crusty loaves are to die for.

No wonder I'm over weight~

I lost my brain some years ago when I suffered a protracted period of vitamin B12 deficiency. It's what killed my guitar playing too.

I used to be quick witted and now I can't remember what that means....Grin~

I'm about as good at making bread as I am at playing guitar!

Fortunately our breadmaker does it all for me!

Yummy crusty loaves are to die for.

No wonder I'm over weight~

Bread makers work great,but with 6 mouths to feed can't keep up. Karen made a fresh batch of raspberry jam last week so with that and the fresh honey the bee keepers dropped off we are good for rest of the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave & I had a good day on the water yesterday and the winds were kind to us giving no more than some early afternoon chop.

Out early we headed for my special spot which is no more than 600 metres from the ramp, whilst blokes were tearing all over the place to try and find fish. Whilst I was busy with the boat Dave had three in his bucket and I was forced to issue a warning about the boat rule that if he outfishes the boat owner, then he has to swim back to the ramp!

I didnt feel too bad as the water temp was over 20C~

One of Daves fish was beautiful bream, in the best condition I've seen for a while.

We spent about 4 hours out there and bagged out on dusky flathead, most a good size. A couple of other species in the bag too. Knowing my mark well from many other trips I was able to use the electric trolling motor to work the small patch of productive ground over and over until we had our limit. Flathead have a delicate flakey white flesh and are a favorite in this country.

At the cleaning table we were accosted by a raucous mob of pelicans and seagulls. It soon became obvious that any slight misstep would see part of your catch dissapear down some cavernous gullet! Dave turned my way to say something and a bloody great pelican was up on thr cleaning table beside him, grabbed his beautiful bream and away. He reacted by throwing a bucket at it which missed, went in the water and slowly floated away!! I later retrieved the bucket for my mate knowing he was feeling the loss of his prime catch....Grin~

Boaties coming back in at the ramp were all commenting how quiet the fishing was and we agreed, smiling knowingly at each other.

We had a beautiful meal of fish last night while watching small mobs of Roos grazing around us and a big old male Koala growling in a tree up behind us.

Very busy day. My mother has needed new tires on her car and my oldest sister and we gave her a couple hundred her last Birthday to help her out getting two tires. My other two sisters gave her nothing so she still hasn't got any tires. So today The wife and I took her to Firestone and had Four new tires put on with lifetime hazard warranty and free front end alignments. They aligned the front end as it was out by 2 degrees. Changed oil and replaced two burned out lights. Now she should be safer to drive her car. I repainted the wife's Aunts basement and replaced all the base boards after she put in new carpet. We decided that since she couldn't pay for any of this with what she makes, we payed for the entire bill of over $3,000.00. Merry Christmas to both. There goes my guitar money, so sad, so bad. But: the wife stopped off at Guitar Center late today on the way home and picked up a Christmas present for me that she already ordered and payed for. A B9 Organ machine Pedal box for my guitar. I've been wanting one for some of the songs I play well like the Animals, House of the Rising Sun. I don't get it for another 15 days. msp_thumbdn.gif Has anyone ever used one? I've listened to them on the Nete, can't wait!msp_rolleyes.gif

Well where did that week go?

We've been away at our holiday spot by the coast since Monday and this morning we have to pack up and drive home!

Another week would be nice but our dog sitter isnt available after today. We will be back in February though as the weather is more stable from then through to April. I got out fishing in the boat on three occasions inc yesterday but the wind shifted and it got a bit difficult out there trying to work a small sweet spot. I caught good fish each time out though.

Be pleased to see Bella later today!

Mobs of Kangaroos are grazing either side of where we are camped!

Well where did that week go?

We've been away at our holiday spot by the coast since Monday and this morning we have to pack up and drive home!

Another week would be nice but our dog sitter isnt available after today. We will be back in February though as the weather is more stable from then through to April. I got out fishing in the boat on three occasions inc yesterday but the wind shifted and it got a bit difficult out there trying to work a small sweet spot. I caught good fish each time out though.

Be pleased to see Bella later today!

Mobs of Kangaroos are grazing either side of where we are camped!

You should've shot one of those kangaroo for camp meat

What's on my mind is changing strings as I have a gig next Saturday and I want to put a new set on the Strat well before then so I don't get any problems.

I also ought to change strings on some or all of my other guitars - it's Xmas....good time to stock up on a few more packs too....might even get another tuner....

Disappointed in my Snark tuner. Socket broke (ball and socket joint to h'stock clip) and it eats lithium batteries. If I get another it will be Korg.

Weeks do go fast. If Bella is like ours, that week felt like a year to here. Bet she's happy to see you too. We went to the aunts and I put final touches on stuff and I'm done there. Way too happy about that. Went out to eat Chinese and stuffed.

Archived