Gibson Brands Forums

New Amp Day

Guitar God

Well, got a new amp today. Got rid of my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Ibanez SZ520, Dean Flying V, and my Kustom Coupe 36 amp - never played them anymore - and got me a red Vox AC15. Had my eye on one for awhile now. Pretty happy with it. Sounds really great. An amp I wish I would've gotten a long time ago. Also, I'm FINALLY getting my dream guitar tomorrow, which is a heritage cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard. I started playing guitar back in 2000 when I was 8 years old and a heritage cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard has been my dream guitar since then. The one I'm getting is a 2001 model. It's honestly pretty much a brand new guitar. Getting it off a friend of mine who bought it brand new, played it for a couple of months, put it in storage, and got it back out this past Christmas. So, I'm MEGA excited for that. Will post a topic and pictures when I get it, but for now here's the Vox. [biggrin]

bXxhcEg.jpg

Well, got a new amp today. Got rid of my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Ibanez SZ520, Dean Flying V, and my Kustom Coupe 36 amp - never played them anymore - and got me a red Vox AC15. Had my eye on one for awhile now. Pretty happy with it. Sounds really great. An amp I wish I would've gotten a long time ago. Also, I'm FINALLY getting my dream guitar tomorrow, which is a heritage cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard. I started playing guitar back in 2000 when I was 8 years old and a heritage cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard has been my dream guitar since then. The one I'm getting is a 2001 model. It's honestly pretty much a brand new guitar. Getting it off a friend of mine who bought it brand new, played it for a couple of months, put it in storage, and got it back out this past Christmas. So, I'm MEGA excited for that. Will post a topic and pictures when I get it, but for now here's the Vox. [biggrin]

bXxhcEg.jpg

Sweet amp man, congrats!

[thumbup] Congrats, mate. The VOX AC15 is a very nice amp, offering decent clean and singing lead sounds as well. Have fun blowing your tones through it! [biggrin]

Appreciate it! I'm really enjoying it. Great cleans and a great drive/lead sound. Had my eye on one for a long time, like I said, but was a bit on the torn side because I do have a Fender Twin Reverb and a Blues Junior and was wondering if I would gain anything by having a VOX compared to my Fender's. But, after playing them more and more, they're two different worlds. I'm really happy with it. Tried it out compared to a 30 and I actually liked the 15 better. Got to test them both really good. The music store I got mine from has several different colors in them, but the red just stood out to me for some reason.

Archived