Gibson Brands Forums

UK Time change.

LarryUK

No we don't need it. If I had my way I'd actually put the clocks forward an hour rather than back.

Scotland can run its own timezone for all I care. I'd sooner they left the union anyway.

Dump it

If farmers need to get up earlier, why not just get on with it and let the rest of us alone? The same goes for schools and anyone else.

we need to change:

wristwatches

kitchen clocks

alarm clocks

cooker clocks

car clocks

work clocks

tv clocks

phone clocks

pedometer clocks

plus the ones I have forgotten about. It takes about 20 minutes to do then all.

Guest Farnsbarns

Wouldn't live without it. It'll be dark at about 5 now but without it it would be dark until after 9am soon. I know what I'd prefer.

I'm ok with it I guess... [unsure]

If I remember correctly, one reason for it's continuation is for childrens' safety going to school on autumn/winter mornings.... [thumbup]

And it is a kind of event

Sometimes I don't get round to changing the car clock for several weeks.... :blink:

V

:-({|=

It is past time to retire DST. Unless someone can make a valid argument, all it serves is to make me tired and extra cranky for a week while my body re-adjusts to the jump in time when the sun comes up and when the sun goes down. Thank Zeus I don't drive to work.

I really don't care one way or the other, but do remember sometime in the '70's when we didn't do the time change due to the fuel crisis, and little kids were walking to school in the dark with flashlights. I don't have little kids anymore (although my kids do) so I really don't care. It'll be one less chore to do twice a year LOL.

I'm ok with it I guess... [unsure]

If I remember correctly, one reason for it's continuation is for childrens' safety going to school on autumn/winter mornings.... [thumbup]

Well, no....

I leave the house just before 7 every morning and it's very dark now and there are school kids on the streets waiting for the bus - it's a bad situation. But it will get lighter when we change it BACK FROM DST to normal time. If the concern was AM light, we'd need to shift it back further in the dead of winter.

If we just left it alone it would be light until 8:00PM in the summer instead of 9:00 - big deal. I say ditch it.

1445772357[/url]' post='1705580']

daylight.jpg

That made me laugh! Too funny. I never cared for day lite savings time. Hate going around changing all the clocks everywhere and in the cars. Dumb! When I went to work, I got up at 4:00 am in the dark regardless of the time change, left the house at 4:45 and met at the carpool in the dark and left for work. It was usually just getting light when we arrived at work. I wish they would leave the clocks one way or the other. The school by our house has every kids parents driving them to school and dropping them off anyway.

Archived