Gibson Brands Forums

Looks like a SG scam

cousingrandpa

Scams on eBay!?!!?!? O:)

I'd never buy a guitar that I couldnt see the back of the headstock to verify the S/N with. If anyone actaully bid on that thinking it was the real deal (and it seems two people have) then its thier own fault.

I reported that auction last night actually. Surprised it's still up. I feel sorry for the poor ba$tard who buys the piece of crap thinking it's a "deal". Somebody oughta' kick the seller in the jimmies. Hard.

H-Bomb

I reported that auction last night actually. Surprised it's still up. I feel sorry for the poor ba$tard who buys the piece of crap thinking it's a "deal". Somebody oughta' kick the seller in the jimmies. Hard.

H-Bomb

While I agree with you I just dont see how any person in thier right mind (LET ALONE TWO) could look at that and think its the real deal. In order for them to think they're getting a 'deal' then they'd have to know a thing or two about guitars. I mean you'd have to be astronomically ignorant!

Why such skepticism? The seller has a 100% positive rating and there's still days' date=' 8 hrs left. Ask the seller for the serial number if you think this is some sort of BS deal.[/quote']

Your telling me you cant see the difference?

24ou328.jpg

Report it to Gibson like H-Bomb did. If there are any fakes on german e-bay I report them to Gibson too. Unless they´re clearly stated as a fake. And with the ones I reported until today some were removed some weren´t. I don´t know why. But that is really all you can do about it. Oh and of-course the poor sod who buys that thing can go to the police.

Greetings

Kurt

Why such skepticism? The seller has a 100% positive rating and there's still days' date=' 8 hrs left. Ask the seller for the serial number if you think this is some sort of BS deal.[/quote']

That's the problem, there's NO QUESTION it's a BS deal. Either the seller's a piece of filth or he's ignorant and was ripped off himself (although it's more likely to be the former and not the latter). I don't need a serial number or anything else to be able to tell that's a (very bad) knockoff. I'm appalled at the audacity of that auction.

While I agree with you I just dont see how any person in thier right mind (LET ALONE TWO) could look at that and think its the real deal. In order for them to think they're getting a 'deal' then they'd have to know a thing or two about guitars. I mean you'd have to be astronomically ignorant!

Or you can be a newbie player' date=' a parent buying for a child and who won't know the difference if they themselves have never been exposed to or experienced with Gibsons. It happens more than you think (particularly with the older Epiphones with "Gibson" truss rod covers).

Maybe I'm being too kind here but couldn't that be due to a stretched picture

No, look at the inset neck joint, look at the pickguard, look at the fake headstock logo. If I stretched a picture of a turd, you think you're gonna' mistake that for a Snickers? Doubtful. =P~

Report this S.O.B. to Gibson AND eBay and save some unwitting person their money! It's our responsibility as people "in the know".

H-Bomb

Brought the photo into Photoshop and no matter how you stretch it she just doesn't match up. The pickup switch should line up with the tailpiece, NOT the bridge. Also, as mentioned the neck joint's all wrong. WAY too much space between pickups and pickup switch is WAY to far in from edge of body.

Hell, I feel like a Gibson forensic examiner. Case closed... SHE'S A FAKE!

AND it appears that the listing has been removed! Nice work, gentlemen.

No' date=' look at the inset neck joint, look at the pickguard, look at the fake headstock logo. If I stretched a picture of a turd, you think you're gonna' mistake that for a Snickers? Doubtful. #-o

H-Bomb[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...O MY GOD I THINK MY HEART JUST STOPPED...H-BOMB you rule man LOL.

Archived