Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement bridge saddle for L-2 reissue?

Bryan_A

Last week I got a brand new L-2 1929 Tribute from 2013 (#7 of 50). I want to lower the action slightly, but I don't want to alter the stock saddle. So where do I get a replacement? It is longer than a standard saddle, slightly over 4 inches, and is carved at the ends to match the curve of the bridge. Appears to be bone or ivory, but the bone bridges I've found aren't this long. Thanks

Sounds like you are describing a slot-through saddle, similar to this one:

colosipins-1.jpg

If you don't want to make it yourself, you can get Bob Colosi to make one for you, out of whatever material you want. Here's a link to his website:

custom guitar saddles

For a saddle like his, he will probably want a tracing and photo, or you can send the saddle to him for duplication. I know he's out of the shop right now recovering from surgery. A lot of us here use his custom bridge pins and saddles.

Ok thanks, that's exactly the kind im referring to. I'd be willing to make one, but the blank bone saddles widely available are shorter than what I need

Custom saddles really aren't very expensive, and you still get to mess with it to get the action exactly like you want.

Archived