Gibson Brands Forums

Harvest moonrise over the coast in Maine

kidblast

I know there are more than a few photo nuts that dwell here.

Up in Maine last week with Mrs. Blast, luckily, we caught one of the first nights of a full moon rise in Ogunquit. I didn't have my tripod, but managed to use a fence post to help steady things.

here's a few of the ones I found as "keepers". Thought the photographers and the rest of yous guys on the site might dig them.

(for the gear heads Canon 20D, 50~500mm f/4.5 APO lens)

moonrise1_zpseq8xuuhq.jpg

Moon1_zpsz6qn7gnt.jpg

Hey RCT,

we've not been up that far for about 4 or 5 years now.

last time we were there was late October, they pretty much roll the streets up and shut most of the place down by late October.

-- which actually makes it almost a perfect time to be up there!!

We go in August, Mrs birthday time. Next year is 55th, and we already have some pretty good things planned for the year, so might be time to get her up there for three or 4 days of lobster for every meal.

rct

I know there are more than a few photo nuts that dwell here.

Up in Maine last week with Mrs. Blast, luckily, we caught one of the first nights of a full moon rise in Ogunquit. I didn't have my tripod, but managed to use a fence post to help steady things.

here's a few of the ones I found as "keepers". Thought the photographers and the rest of yous guys on the site might dig them.

(for the gear heads Canon 20D, 50~500mm f/4.5 APO lens)

moonrise1_zpseq8xuuhq.jpg

Moon1_zpsz6qn7gnt.jpg

[thumbup] Also many thanks for the camera and lens infos - some sort of gear head here... [biggrin]

We go in August, Mrs birthday time. Next year is 55th, and we already have some pretty good things planned for the year, so might be time to get her up there for three or 4 days of lobster for every meal.

rct

Arcadia holds much awesomeness..

we're due to get up there.

oddly enough, I don't have much of a thing for sea food, I'll do shrimp on occasion, I have tried lobstah a few times. I think it was over cooked tho, sort of like chewing on a rubber band dipped in salt water and butter.

[thumbup] Also many thanks for the camera and lens infos - some sort of gear head here... [biggrin]

Cheers Cap!

I know there's a bunch of us guitar nuts who are also photo junkies. I really screwed the pooch leaving the tripod at home. I knew it was going to be a full moon too, dumb-dumb. that full moon shot would have been a bit sharper with a tripod and mirror lockup.

rct

Oh Jeez, don't say that!

We export most of our Crayfish (lobster) to Asia and that prices us out of our own product! It's something like $100/kilo in some places here and that is just too much for an old pensioner unfortunately.

Love it but it must be 20 years since I had it last.

Nice pics KB.

Makes me wish for the teenage years again when I used to bring a couple home from diving trips almost every weekend....Sigh~

Oh Jeez, don't say that!

We export most of our Crayfish (lobster) to Asia and that prices us out of our own product! It's something like $100/kilo in some places here and that is just too much for an old pensioner unfortunately.

Love it but it must be 20 years since I had it last.

Nice pics KB.

Makes me wish for the teenage years again when I used to bring a couple home from diving trips almost every weekend....Sigh~

Up in Maine, everybody has a few pots and they pull out eaters every day in the season. Lobster is expensive and usually not so good in most of America, but in Maine it is reasonable price and we've never had it bad up there.

rct

Arcadia holds much awesomeness..

we're due to get up there.

oddly enough, I don't have much of a thing for sea food, I'll do shrimp on occasion, I have tried lobstah a few times. I think it was over cooked tho, sort of like chewing on a rubber band dipped in salt water and butter.

Galyn's, across from the park. If they tried they couldn't wreck a lobstah, that's how good they do it. Every champagne on their list is perfect with it. Love that place.

rct

Gaylyn's, across from the park. If they tried they couldn't wreck a lobstah, that's how good they do it. Every champagne on their list is perfect with it. Love that place.

rct

I know where you're talking.. I believe they've been closed when we've been up, as we usually go late in October.

Archived