Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rained all day yesterday, then around 3:00 pm it snowed pretty good, then started raining and ended up with ice at night. Still have about 2" of previous snow on the ground. Reminds me of that Chrismas song. "Oh, the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful. And since we've got no place to go, Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!" msp_flapper.gif

Light Snow

32°F

0°C

Humidity 100%

Wind Speed N 9 mph

Barometer 29.77 in

Dewpoint 32°F (0°C)

Visibility 2.50 mi

Wind Chill 24°F (-4°C)

Last update 8 Jan 10:15 am CST

Today - Snow. Areas of fog before noon. High near 33 (0c). North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Tonight - Snow, mainly before 2am. Low around 8 (-13c). Wind chill values as low as -10 (-23c). Blustery, with a north northwest wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday - Scattered flurries. Patchy blowing snow. Cloudy and cold, with a temperature falling to around 4 (-15c) by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -15(-26c). Windy, with a north northwest wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Saturday Night - Patchy blowing snow before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around -9 (-22.7c). Wind chill values as low as -30 (-34.4c). Windy, with a north northwest wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Sunday - Sunny and cold, with a high near 1 (-17c). Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Sunday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around -6 (-21.1c).

Nice and balmy out now, but it is going to be a bit nippy this weekend in Southern Minnesota. [biggrin]

7 to 9c today with more heavy rain and yet more on the way.

My garden is a sodden marsh; most of my plants are drowned and I am getting worried about a landslip (there is a 20ft bank behind my house) as I have heard reports of them elsewhere in the area.

I live near (but above) the Wey, normally a gentle, friendly river which flows up to the Thames but which is now a raging muddy torrent.

I'm told it's all due to the jetstream which usually blows at around 100mph but is up to 200+mph at the moment because of El Nino......

3 degrees here now. Wind chill today was minus 15 degrees. Mostly cloudy overcast. Real feel was minus 17 degrees and 17 mph winds. Low of minus 8 degrees tonight. 7:00 am minus 4 degrees. That wind chill is bad. Hands and ears freeze on me pretty fast. Not even Sundance wants to go out in it. Does his business and comes right back in. I hear this cold front is coming in and staying a spell.

1452576538[/url]' post='1729735']

Right now in North Dakota its -11°F nothing out of the ordinary for January. Global warming my ***. :---)

Glad you have enough posts to get in the Lounges, Wyatt. By the way, you have a very nice collection of guitars on the other post. 36 degrees now and sun. Not bad out.

Cooler today thank goodness with a max of just 23C (76F) expected. A/C went on early yesterday and after about 9 am we stayed inside as it was baking outside. Have to check the chooks this morning hoping we haven't got "Roast Chicken" in the pen!!!

Strong wings expected as a front moves quickly through to the east.

Gorgeous beautiful day out. Sunny, 41 degrees out, we went downtown and looked at the Pub and apartment building that caught fire. The whole building is frozen in Ice with ice sickles hanging down everywhere. Some are 15 to 20 feet long. Took the Doberman for a walk. Guys are at the lake ice fishing. Saw some people in shorts. Just another one of those Australian winter days, except with lots of snow and ice! What's, 41 degrees. 2 or 3c? Too funny. msp_flapper.gif

Gorgeous beautiful day out. Sunny, 41 degrees out, we went downtown and looked at the Pub and apartment building that caught fire. The whole building is frozen in Ice with ice sickles hanging down everywhere. Some are 15 to 20 feet long. Took the Doberman for a walk. Guys are at the lake ice fishing. Saw some people in shorts. Just another one of those Australian winter days, except with lots of snow and ice! What's, 41 degrees. 2 or 3c? Too funny. msp_flapper.gif

The only time we get below double figures is overnight. At that, no lower than minus 2C and even that is only a handful of days a year.

Shorts is probably pushing things in that weather. Tell me were the fishermen catching anything?

After the change yesterday it was almost cold. We considered putting on more clothes but in the end just closed some windows.

Today will be cooler @ just 19C or 68F.

Back out into the paddocks methinks as I need to get the grass in the front paddock down.

Ah the life of a (pretend) farmer!

1452720288[/url]' post='1730203']

The only time we get below double figures is overnight. At that, no lower than minus 2C and even that is only a handful of days a year.

Shorts is probably pushing things in that weather. Tell me were the fishermen catching anything?

I don't know, im not walking out there on ice with water on top of it to check. I think some of those guys are crazy. Even the ice has cracks in it and they walk out with tiny baby steps. Yesterday and today was so nice in the 40's lots of snow melted. That building is covered thick in ice but water is running off it. I do see guys all winter long here in shorts. We have two that go to our church in shorts. Even below zero. One plays drums for our church, he's a pretty good player but shorts below zero? He's nuts! I would guess your summer is a lot like our desserts. It's extremely hot during the day in the 100's and cools down at night in the 80's or so. It feels much cooler and cold at night.

Archived