Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

Cut it out you blokes now I'm starting to shiver just thinking about it!

Cool here too today with a max of 23C or 76F.....no snow but it's wet, been raining since lunchtime yesterday.

Sadly no BBQ outside tonight.

(Good luck with all that bad weather, take care)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1453568970[/url]' post='1733555']

Still coming down.

snow%202016%201_zps4flk9e6m.jpg

So far that's about an average winter here. I've heard outside Washington DC somewhere got 40" of snow already. One winter we had twice that much on our roof. I had to go up and remove most of it as it's not good for your roof. Plus that much snow caused trees and limbs to break. We couldn't get out the front that year due to trees down on the house. You guys stay safe, I know your getting bombarded and most places aren't used to that much snow.

Woke up this morning to 6 inches of snow....... Get dressed an go fire up the snow blower,,, I snow blowed the neighbours drive ways on both sides of my house,,,, got back to my driveway and I ran out of gas,,,,, also my jerry can was empty..... Rookie move!!!!

Bugger!

It's gonna be 23C (76f) here for the third day in a row which is cool weather for out summer. Right into next weekend looks similar and yet Jan/Feb are usually our hottest months.

Managing to cook and eat outside though so not all is lost.

Looking at the conditions that some of you have right now just saying that makes me feel kinds guilty....sorry~

Hmmmmmmm? Global cooling?

1453663904[/url]' post='1733857']

It's gonna be 23C (76f) here for the third day in a row which is cool weather for out summer. Right into next weekend looks similar and yet Jan/Feb are usually our hottest months.

Managing to cook and eat outside though so not all is lost.

Looking at the conditions that some of you have right now just saying that makes me feel kinds guilty....sorry~

Hmmmmmmm? Global cooling?

Until I met you Rob, I would have never knew that Australia was backward to the U.S. Our winters are Dec. - Feb. and yours are summertime those months. Our hottest months are June - August and that's probably winter for you guys. Learn something new everyday. Wouldn't it be cool to see the Earth from a space shuttle? msp_rolleyes.gif

Chuckle....yeah we're "backwards" alright!

Anyway I'm glad that the last 9 or 10 years spent here have been of some use after all. (I often wonder)

I have to say that I am always learning about all of you out there too, and that is the attraction of thee places.

Thank you all for sharing your lives.

Well it's 30 F now and that's the high. So right at freezing. Then it drops down to 28 F at 5:00 tonight. Overcast and gloomy out. If the houses were all white it be a perfect black and white photo. Sort of like a water color painting.

24c and 78F again on this Wednesday.

We are just about to have a thunderstorm roll over us (@ 0654) and it may remain stormy here until the weekend.

This is the coolest January I can ever remember.

Another ice age on it's way?

Wow! Was that a severe thunderstorm last night or what?

I was asleep and was woken by dramatic thunder about 9.45 last night and once awake realised it was teeming. Bella was terrified and had pulled her heavy kennel right off the verandah so Gael bought her in to sleep under our bed.

Checking around the house we realised that heavy winds were holding the chimney damper open a bit, and there was water pouring in through the fireplace, so a bunch of towels and buckets contained that.

There was a river running down the drive and I expect erosion damage will greet us this morning.....sigh, out with the shovel & rake!

Our drains diverted water from around the house and off the roofs into the dam and I expect that to have grown a bit overnight.

The storm lasted hours and I see another approaching (on the radar) though hopefully not as bad.

Today 21C or 72F approx.

1454011830[/url]' post='1735261']

Wow! Was that a severe thunderstorm last night or what?

I was asleep and was woken by dramatic thunder about 9.45 last night and once awake realised it was teeming. Bella was terrified and had pulled her heavy kennel right off the verandah so Gael bought her in to sleep under our bed.

Checking around the house we realised that heavy winds were holding the chimney damper open a bit, and there was water pouring in through the fireplace, so a bunch of towels and buckets contained that.

There was a river running down the drive and I expect erosion damage will greet us this morning.....sigh, out with the shovel & rake!

Our drains diverted water from around the house and off the roofs into the dam and I expect that to have grown a bit overnight.

The storm lasted hours and I see another approaching (on the radar) though hopefully not as bad.

Today 21C or 72F approx.

"Mama said there'd be days like this, mama said my mama said".....Lol Sorry Rob, that song was in my head! Don't you hate it on those down poor's like that? We get those every spring here with water in our basement. Bucket loads of water. I hear another snow blizzard is headed this way next Monday and Tuesday. I've had people tell me 13" to 16" and I've heard 8" to 12". At least the weather is in the 40's this week and 50's by Sunday, so the snow we still have is going away with the warmth we have now. Then the temp's drop back down again Sunday night.

We're still going through a cool wet patch with forecasts of low to mid 20's and showers, at least until Friday next week. Most unusual here as Jan/Feb is usually blistering hot .

21C or 72F approx. as a maximum here today but those annoying showers are expected again. Each time I went out to work outside yesterday it started to rain!

Easy, I just have to repeat post.

Can't sleep tonight as it's coming down very heavy again and I'm worried what it will do.....

Watch for old men with flowing beards building big wooden boats near you. (Be nice to him)

Archived