Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

1454098766[/url]' post='1735604']

We're still going through a cool wet patch with forecasts of low to mid 20's and showers, at least until Friday next week. Most unusual here as Jan/Feb is usually blistering hot .

21C or 72F approx. as a maximum here today but those annoying showers are expected again. Each time I went out to work outside yesterday it started to rain!

Personally I'd take rain over blistering hot, but. That's me. I hate the heat. Makes me sweat and I don't like to sweat. That's why I hate Arizona, Florida, upper Texas, Corpas Christy was nice. Nevada is too hot. But guess our blizzard is coming Monday sometime and I'd rather eat a Blizard at Dairy Queen then the one that's coming with tons of snow. But Omaha said its ready for it. City plows will be out all day and night on the main roads while the city contracts civilian trucks with blades for residential. The last snow is mostly gone with some hear or there and tomorrow is to hit 50's again, so more of that should melt before this storm hits maybe hopefully Monday night through Tuesday.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunny today and projected to get up to 48F. Tomorrow rainy but up to 59F. That should erase most of the remaining snow, except for those massive mounds left over from plowing. The'll probably hang around until April. :unsure:

22C or 74F max here today and @ 0600 it was heavy overcast!

I'm not unhappy about a cooler day as I have some heavy work to do outside.

At least it was a nice night for a BBQ last night and we sat out until dark.

1454417831[/url]' post='1736640']

Sunny today and projected to get up to 48F. Tomorrow rainy but up to 59F. That should erase most of the remaining snow, except for those massive mounds left over from plowing. The'll probably hang around until April. :unsure:

Do t you hate it when snow hangs around that long? I remember when our son was a toddler, it dumped 13 inches of snow on Easter Sunday. I made him an snow Easter bunny and put snow Easter eggs by its feet. It was about 5 1/2' high off the ground. Well our 1st part of the snowstorm hit leaving about 5" of snow here and I heard up to 3 or more feet other places. Blizzard high winds tonight with more snow tonight and Wednesday. Today, most of it went north of us. I heard Gretna got hit pretty bad and there not that far, about 15 miles or so from us. Interstate is closed from their on west.

You guys have all that snow and ice yet NO pictures of snowmen? I don't get it.

21C or approx 72F here today. Currently overcast and a shower or two predicted. Heating up starting tomorrow and possibly back to summer temps by the weekend.

1454530864[/url]' post='1737107']

You guys have all that snow and ice yet NO pictures of snowmen? I don't get it.

21C or approx 72F here today. Currently overcast and a shower or two predicted. Heating up starting tomorrow and possibly back to summer temps by the weekend.

Ha ha, all the hype and talk, the storm went mostly North of us and we didn't get hit with the second wave we were supposed to get. I removed what we got with the snow blower the first wave that was 4.9", of course drifts from high winds make it look worse in some areas. But Grand Island and Norfolk got hit the worst I hear. Some place close by us got 10-12" but not in Old Millard. The snow is almost like Ice today, very hard. Then we had snow on the ground before so this storm added on top of that making it look worse then it is, but the streets are plowed down to concrete. The city did a wonderful job. That storm that hit the east coast was much worse then what we got.

Reading about all that snow & ice is making me shiver! Still no pictures of snowmen?

Warming over the weekend here and the top today is 27C or approx. 84F

A big high pressure is moving in from the west so it will get warmer!

The wife thought I should build a snow man for our grandson, but I told her his dad should do those honors since Grayson is one. She said, yes but you have the artistic talent but I thought his daddy should make his first snowman. Here today it was overcast, cold and boring. With more snow falling. About another inch or so.

A warm one today @ 30C or 90F and we intend to take Bella for a walk on the beach before it gets too hot.

It was a lovely evening last night for a BBQ and I make these chicken, tasty cheese things and wrapped in bacon. Cooked to perfection!

Not sure what it's to be tonight but it will be on the BBQ.

We were in the danger zone, today. We had less than 2" of snow over night, yet, I couldn't see past about 5' in front of my car coming to work this morning with headlights on, due to 50 mph winds. Thank God for road stripes, otherwise there was nothing to orient yourself to for location. The true white out blizzard, wow. [mellow]

I've driven in a few white outs to work over the 23 years at Havelock. The only thing I could see was the faint red lights of the car in front of me. That's when I wanted to follow as close as I could and hope he didn't drive off into the ditch. Lol One winter I should have stayed home. A 42 minute drive took over two hours and they closed the interstate. I wish we could sit down and chat about old times Doug. I bet you have some stories to tell being in Minnesota. I've visited there several times and my wife's step dad is a Shriner. He drove kids there for the shrine hospital.

I've driven in a few white outs to work over the 23 years at Havelock. The only thing I could see was the faint red lights of the car in front of me. That's when I wanted to follow as close as I could and hope he didn't drive off into the ditch. Lol One winter I should have stayed home. A 42 minute drive took over two hours and they closed the interstate. I wish we could sit down and chat about old times Doug. I bet you have some stories to tell being in Minnesota. I've visited there several times and my wife's step dad is a Shriner. He drove kids there for the shrine hospital.

Yep, SK, we could tell you some stories growing up in Southern Minnesota and also living up North in the Iron Range. I love it here because of the 4 seasons. Although I am loving less and less the times when the temps go down to below -20f, but that doesn't usually happen more than one or two weeks in the winter. More snow on the way and -0 F temps in the forecast with a high on Saturday of 4F, (-16c). Yeehaw, another five weeks until I shave my beard and get a hair cut for spring. [biggrin]

1455133336[/url]' post='1739438']

Yep, SK, we could tell you some stories growing up in Southern Minnesota and also living up North in the Iron Range. I love it here because of the 4 seasons. Although I am loving less and less the times when the temps go down to below -20f, but that doesn't usually happen more than one or two weeks in the winter. More snow on the way and -0 F temps in the forecast with a high on Saturday of 4F, (-16c). Yeehaw, another five weeks until I shave my beard and get a hair cut for spring. [biggrin]

I hear you. It seems to me as I get older, the less I can tolerate those sub zero temps. Maybe it will be nice out in the upper 30 F and sunny, then we'll go out and I'll have a light sweatshirt on. When we leave at night to go home the temps are down to 10 or 15 and I'm freezing. That usually happens when we go to babysit the grandson and mom and dad don't get back till 10 or 11.00.

It's going to be a tad bit cold this weekend, but one thing about it we are very holy up this way in the winter, after all, we can walk on water, too, this time of the year. [biggrin]

2 products issued by NWS for: Kiester MN

Wind Chill Advisory

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN

322 AM CST FRI FEB 12 2016

...VERY COLD WIND CHILLS TONIGHT...

.BRISK NORTHWEST WINDS WILL COMBINE WITH COLD TEMPERATURES TO

PRODUCE WIND CHILL READINGS OF 25 TO 30 BELOW ZERO. A WIND CHILL

ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN AND SOUTH

CENTRAL MINNESOTA FOR TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. THE

NORTHWEST WIND WILL GRADUALLY DIMINISH FROM WEST TO EAST OVERNIGHT

BUT COLD WIND CHILLS ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN UNTIL MIDMORNING SATURDAY

WITHIN THE ADVISORY AREA.

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 AM

CST SATURDAY...

* WIND CHILL VALUES...25 TO 30 BELOW ZERO DEVELOPING THIS EVENING

AND CONTINUING UNTIL MID MORNING SATURDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS

WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN

FROSTBITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.

WHEN VENTURING OUTDOORS...MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 AM

SATURDAY. WIND CHILLS WILL DROP TO 25 TO 30 BELOW ZERO TONIGHT.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

SNOW WILL DEVELOP SATURDAY NIGHT AND PERSIST INTO SUNDAY. TOTAL

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

Archived