Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

Yikes Doug, I feel guilty posting reports of nice weather. after yours...sorry~

33C or 96F approx. expected here today, too warm for old blokes to work outside so we're going out for a BBQ lunch.

You know what, Dig, our winters build character and the Lord knows we have plenty of characters around here. Also, the winter gives us something to hope for, Spring and Summer. [biggrin]

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, Dig, our winters build character and the Lord knows we have plenty of characters around here. Also, the winter gives us something to hope for, Spring and Summer. [biggrin]

That's definitely a half "full" glass there Doug~

1455308166[/url]' post='1740130']

That's definitely a half "full" glass there Doug~

Ha ha. That's actually true Dig! Everyone I know here are weird Blokes as you say. When winter hits here were all glad and the beautiful snow. We all can't wait for snow, then after it hits and Christmas is over, and we get tired of the cold temps and the sloppy snow and ice, we can't wait for spring. When it hits, it's beautiful seeing all the buds growing and flowers coming back, leaves on trees but it also brings all those rain storms and tornados we get tired of so we want to rush Summer in. When it arrives we're glad to go boating and summer events but then it brings in that blasted heat and humidity you don't like, so then we want fall to rush in. Most love the fall as I do but it doesn't last and were sick of picking up all those dang leaves and bean pods falling off the trees. So we can't wait for the Holidays and winter to come back. We're a strange people!msp_flapper.gif

Yes humans are very hard to please.

25C or 80F here today and tis is the strangest summer I can remember. Usually February has a lot of above 40 days, but apart from a couple before Christmas we'd be lucky to have had 3 or 4 this summer.

I think there's another ice age coming. Might need to get that movie out so I know what to do....Grin~

Today it hit 42 f but you still had to have a light coat on. Just felt cool. Guess a warm front is coming this week. There talking 60's at the end of next week.

We are in the 30's F today, put my winter coat away for the week, by Friday we are going to be in the 40's F with a chance of rain (which usually means ice at night). Anyway, spring like weather for Southern Minnesota this week (granted real early spring). I am with you SK Retired, I am a Fall lover, best hunting and fishing, nice and cool, pretty leaves, the first freeze usually kills all the dang bugs or at least slows them down. [biggrin]

1455560452[/url]' post='1741162']

We are in the 30's F today, put my winter coat away for the week, by Friday we are going to be in the 40's F with a chance of rain (which usually means ice at night). Anyway, spring like weather for Southern Minnesota this week (granted real early spring). I am with you SK Retired, I am a Fall lover, best hunting and fishing, nice and cool, pretty leaves, the first freeze usually kills all the dang bugs or at least slows them down. [biggrin]

msp_thumbup.gif Here's a true story. When I was laid off from Union Pacific RR in the late 80's, I was offered a manager job at a new Car Wash and had to be there every day during the construction of the equipment to know how it was put together and ran so I could fix it if it broke down. The guys who came in to build it were from Minnesota who worked with Hanna car wash. Great guys. Anyway in winter that year and the building was not yet finished so we were working out side in the freezing cold with snow coming some days. I wore double insulated coveralls with long Johns under jeans. These guys laughed at me! They thought everyone was nuts running around in heavy coats. The Gerrings were in wind breakers and wore them every day. They thought it felt like spring. msp_scared.gif Said if the railroad didn't call me back they wanted to hire me up there to manage three car washes.

Still cool here!

Forecast to of 20C or 70F here today and currently it's cold outside (0730).

Last night we had all the covers over us all night and that is the first time since since early spring. Usually it just a sheet, or no covers at all.

Right now in the center of the U.S. it's 63F (17C) with wind speeds varying from 25 to 45 mph (40 kph to 64 kph)

High wind warning: winds of 45 mph (65 kph) up to 65 mph (104 kph)

Lows will drop below freezing this weekend.

m

Archived