Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dig. I was looking for some medicine, and I found something that expired in 2008, so looking further I found another one that expired in 2005. The wife said we have a new one, here. Expired in 2012. So I went through and threw all our meds away which most expired in 2005 to 2008 and bought new. Guess it shows we don't OD on meds, doesn't it? Some of that stuff was full. I tried a 24 hour allergy sinus runny nose, sneezing and it helped. Felt better today. It was a better day out today sunny and nice. Didn't here the temp.

Thanks Dig. I was looking for some medicine, and I found something that expired in 2008, so looking further I found another one that expired in 2005. The wife said we have a new one, here. Expired in 2012. So I went through and threw all our meds away which most expired in 2005 to 2008 and bought new. Guess it shows we don't OD on meds, doesn't it? Some of that stuff was full. I tried a 24 hour allergy sinus runny nose, sneezing and it helped. Felt better today. It was a better day out today sunny and nice. Didn't here the temp.

We have a regular pharmacy running here.....Grin~

So a cool Sunday @ 24C or 78F today and it looks like February will go out with a whimper, not a bang!

Another great day but breezy. Walked Sundance part way around the lake and he was getting hot and tired so headed back to the car. Deb claims to have seen a Robin, which is a sign of spring here but there is talk of more snow we may get. Don't think it will hang around for long if we get any.

55 F and 27 mph winds. Would be great if it weren't for those winds. Had to laugh though. 2 gals were coming out of a restraurant as we were coming up to the door and they were both leaning hard against the door to open it and neither were budging it. So I opened the door.

33C here ot 96F and I have to waste half the day with medical appointments!

Today is my day for diabetes review so I have to see my diabetes educator to check results of tests and then my GP, both things wipe out the morning.

The best part is I am gonna drop into the Blueberry Farm on the way home and get some berries fresh picked this morning. The difference between supermarket berries and fresh is amazing!

Regular blueberries or juice is good for my diabetes and from arthritis in my hands.

1456862061[/url]' post='1746813']

33C here ot 96F and I have to waste half the day with medical appointments!

Today is my day for diabetes review so I have to see my diabetes educator to check results of tests and then my GP, both things wipe out the morning.

The best part is I am gonna drop into the Blueberry Farm on the way home and get some berries fresh picked this morning. The difference between supermarket berries and fresh is amazing!

Regular blueberries or juice is good for my diabetes and from arthritis in my hands.

Really? Didn't know Blueberries helped arthritis. I know that Blessed Natures concentrated Cherry Juice helped most people. About 10 things it does well but it's pricey. $35.00 a large bottle. One tablespoon equals like 80 or 90 cherries. Heart healthy, blood pressure, your colon and several more stuff. I need to get back on that stuff. Cooler temps coming back. Still hit 40 F here but the winds make it feel much cooler. Supposed to rain tonight.

I started blueberry juice to help my diabetes as some of it's constituents are supposed to reduce sugar levels, no thought of arthritis benefits at all at that stage.

Within couple of nights I noticed an improvement in the pain in my thumbs.

I have difficulty getting any sort of juice with blueberries in it here and settled for Bickfords which claimed 30% real juice, and that was the one that helped. haven't been able to find it since.

The health food store has pure blueberry juice but as almost $30 a bottle that is too much for me to have regularly.

Warm again @ 31C or about 92F and it was 18C in the house overnight.

It's snowing here in the U.K, it's a winter wonderland! I'm looking forward to it stopping and the sky clearing so that I can see Pendle hill, Kemple end and Parlick fell covered in snow. they look magnificent when they have snow on them.

Ian

28C here today or about 86F.

We have a "Wooden Boat" festival nearby today so might wander down and have a look at that today or tomorrow. (will take a camera)

The Art Society has an open day/exhibition today too so I guess I"ll head in there for a while with Mrs Dig.

2 p.m. mountain time at the geographical center of the U.S.

54°F

12°C

Should warm up over the weekend a bit, not much, but a bit... overnight lows around freezing - and water, of course, freezes at the same temperature regardless how it's defined in C or F.

<grin>

A bit of snow still on the ground and still very obvious on the mountains in we see a dozen miles away. We're only a bit over 3,000 feet/1,000 meters on the prairie where I live; the hills are up to 5,000-plus feet.

m

I would love looking at mountains every morning. Or the ocean from the back of the house near the beach. Beautiful places but that will never happen. Wife's dead set in Omaha Nebraska. She's a Moma's girl while her moms alive. Can't separate the two. I tease her about the Doctor forgot to cut that umbilical cord when she was born! Lol Now the grandson so we're not going anywhere. Anyway, it was 54 F here today also. Very nice day so took Sundance about half way around the lake and back.

I would love looking at mountains every morning. Or the ocean from the back of the house near the beach. Beautiful places but that will never happen. Wife's dead set in Omaha Nebraska. She's a Moma's girl while her moms alive. Can't separate the two. I tease her about the Doctor forgot to cut that umbilical cord when she was born! Lol Now the grandson so we're not going anywhere. Anyway, it was 54 F here today also. Very nice day so took Sundance about half way around the lake and back.

We are lucky to live in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range so there is no flat ground around us, in fact our property straddles a small valley with the dam across it and in front of the house.

It was my intention when planning, that Gael would look out over the dam from her kitchen sink. In fact all the living rooms and our bedroom look out over the dam to our bush beyond it.

The dam was a quarter of it's size when we came here and I had it enlarged at the same time we were building.

We've found that the only view you can be certain of keeping, is to what's on your own property as land under other's control can change or the view be built out.

The dam is about 80 metres away and so it's really in out foreground and we can see all the activity of birds and animals all the time. Over the years it's become interesting as water lilies we have planted have grown significantly and there are clumps of sedge and bullrushes scattered around naturally. It really is an interesting and dynamic feature to have in front of us. We hear the frogs and crickets at night.

We will miss that view terribly when we move.

IMG_3678_zpsoe8dnckp.jpg

Beautiful. The wife was going to move to the Black Hills of South Dakota at one point. We were convinced plus our farm was much closer. We were going to get a log cabin in the hills, then she thought about keeping our place and living up there during the summer and back here in the winter but when the grandson was born, she is stuck here like glue now. Your going to convince me to put Ausie on my bucket list. I'll have to drop Affrica if we do. Lol Rob, I'm a wild life artist so I love taking pics of wildlife. I have some very nice ones.

Beautiful. The wife was going to move to the Black Hills of South Dakota at one point. We were convinced plus our farm was much closer. We were going to get a log cabin in the hills, then she thought about keeping our place and living up there during the summer and back here in the winter but when the grandson was born, she is stuck here like glue now. Your going to convince me to put Ausie on my bucket list. I'll have to drop Affrica if we do. Lol Rob, I'm a wild life artist so I love taking pics of wildlife. I have some very nice ones.

I have a lot of photos from off the property here that you would like I imagine. Gael paints wild life too so I imagine you two would have a lot in common.

Bloody hot here today and we are all commenting that so far Autumn has been hotter that Summer! 38C or approx. 108F.

Stone the bloody crows, thats 'ot!

1457468299[/url]' post='1749309']

I have a lot of photos from off the property here that you would like I imagine. Gael paints wild life too so I imagine you two would have a lot in common.

Bloody hot here today and we are all commenting that so far Autumn has been hotter that Summer! 38C or approx. 108F.

Stone the bloody crows, thats 'ot!

Sorry I wasn't on here yesterday. Busy day. Your wife is a great artist according to what you posted awhile back. I have a list of my favorite artists that I've loved. I used to paint some of there paintings trying to improve and get as close to them as I could. Of course I couldn't sell them so some I have, some my mother has and some I have given away to friends who retired before me as a retirement present from me. Carl Brenders, Serry Lester and Robert Bateman are my favorite ones. Steve Hanks is my favorite one that paints with water color. He is absolutely amazing. His watercolor looks like photography. He basically paints women and kids in scenery. The heat your having? Sorry for you. I hate the heat as you know already! It's already warming up here. Been in the low 70's a couple of days. 60's to 80 through next week they say. Probably going to have a hot summer here with the high temps already.

Archived