Gibson Brands Forums

Full gibson line to be released Tomorrow?

scottpaine_69

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this posted on facebook first and was wondering if it means we are going to see the full gibson les paul/ electric guitar line released tomorrow? Here is a link to the cryptic post by Gibson.. https://twitter.com/gibsonguitar/status/661676792424570880/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hope so. I really like the 2016's I've seen so far, so much so I bought a 2016 SG Special in Faded Worn Brown which arrived today. Love it so far.

They should reinstate Thomann as an authorized Gibson and Epiphone dealer. Today.

Do you know why Thomann is no longer a dealer? It's a shame, because they sold them at really low prices compared to here in the UK.

Do you know why Thomann is no longer a dealer? It's a shame, because they sold them at really low prices compared to here in the UK.

I didnt know they no longer were. They are still selling them.

Perhaps that link has changed, because I could see nothing pertaining to the thread there? [confused]

They should reinstate Thomann as an authorized Gibson and Epiphone dealer. Today.

Hello Capmaster!

As it seems Europe is not in target of Gibson's marketing anymore. It's been going downhill for a decade now or so. They gave up on Hungary (pfff...), then on the Lauda Audio in Poland - which was the distributor for the entire East-European region. Now Thomann.

Who can blame them, though? I bet, they sell more in a day in America than in Europe during a year.

Best wishes... Bence

Ohhh, first time I was on Twitter......msp_sad.gif

I feel dirty now.

I think after the 2015 line, they had to re-negociate the conditions between Thomann and Gibson.

I looked the last weeks for Gibson original parts and some guitars and they didn't have much in stock.

Never seen that at Thomann's.

I think there is a good market here in Europe, but maybe the expect too much from their authorized dealers.

I think there is a good market here in Europe, but maybe the expect too much from their authorized dealers.

Hello Marcos.

My favorite local shop used to keep Gibson guitars through the Polish distributor. They stopped 2 years ago. They now officially sell Yamaha, Ibanez, and ESP guitars. The shop meets the highest standards, as Ibanez and ESP has premium products as well. Coincidentally, another shop here, - which used to be official Gibson dealer in the 90s - also became an Ibanez dealership.

And, - guess what - the young generation of guitar enthusiasts buy Ibanez. Even expensive, premium guitars they make. They don't even think about Gibson. Not being present, means not existing at all in business.

Bence.

Hello Marcos.

My favorite local shop used to keep Gibson guitars through the Polish distributor. They stopped 2 years ago. They now officially sell Yamaha, Ibanez, and ESP guitars. The shop meets the highest standards, as Ibanez and ESP has premium products as well. Coincidentally, another shop here, - which used to be official Gibson dealer in the 90s - also became an Ibanez dealership.

And, - guess what - the young generation of guitar enthusiasts buy Ibanez. Even expensive, premium guitars they make. They don't even think about Gibson. Not being present, means not existing at all in business.

Bence.

Yes, I guess you are right.

What I was saying is that personally I think that that is a huge market for guitars outside the USA, but not for GISBON'S.

And yes, yesterday I had to pick up some gear from one of the biggest music-stores in Valencia and guess what,

Tons of ESP and Ibanez many Vintage some LAG's and Squiers and one golden Brian May ( msp_love.gif to the last one).

That store used to be an authorized dealer, well like I said USED TO BE.

Now to Gibson, I really don't wanna bash the 15 lineup again. Some bought them and love them, and some had the ball's to say in public: I own a 15 model and love it. Those have earned my respect.

To those who tried one in a store bought one, loved it, then looked around the netz and all of a sudden hated their once loved 15, well I better shut up......

Now to the point (sorry for the long story, btw.).

I don't know how it is outside my country I only can talk for Spain and little more.

I there are still many young and not so young folks out there willing to buy guitars.

But what kind of music do they play?

At least here I see lot's of metal bands.

What do this people wan't, well I think at pointi blade-like extreme hell-axes!

And if they come with active pickups, even better.

If someone of the creative heads at Gibson would ask me, I would tell em,

Stop the expansive tech crap at headstocks and give the people what they ask for.

Pointy guitars? No problem, make more V's and Explorer's and SG's and maybe sit down and design a new revolutionary shape.

Steal ESP's and Ibanez market with those pointy models making them less expansive. Satin finishes maybe?

And make deals with other pickup makers, not only for signatures put some Duncans or EMG's in it for fux sake.

Another cool Idea, give the people options that have a direct influence on price, that makes people think they are getting sweet deals.

Do you wan't your guitar with gigbag or hardcase, Sir? With or without G-force, Sir?

Stop making a million different Les Paul models, really we don't need that.

Make only a few and make them right.

Same happened to a local dealer here in belfast. No longer stocking Gibson. The manager said there difficult to deal with. However they have now stocked gretsch and fender guitar. It wad actually quite sad because i remember specifically coming in as a kid to look at the gibsons i thought id never afford. Theres nothing more satisfying than looking at a wall full of high spec gibsons

Hello Marcos.

I think, Gibson (the brand) should stick to it's traditional image. As we learnt it from the failure of the 2015 range (and mistakes of previous decades), people want Gibson to remain a timeless classic. No problems with that. And, I agree with You: less variations would be enough, or at least the variations of models should be more transparently arranged.

What I would do, is to bring back the Kramer brand to the scene, and make it competitive - technically and price-wise. Doing so, the Gibson family of brands could enter the game of cutting-edge, modern guitars, and compete against Ibanez, and such brands that are so attractive to the young generation. Steinberger too. But as it seems these two brands of Gibson are agonizing.

I also don't get why Gibson pays such a minimal attention to selling accessories. Different hardcases would be nice to be seen offered, besides the LP and SG cases.

Cheers... Bence

I argee, these other two brands would take good care of that market, sadly I had totally forgotten them.

And +1000000 to the acesoires, they should ofer tons of stuff, we like to make guitars our own.

Give us more knobs cover's pickguards, cases, PCB's, prewired kit's whatever....

I argee, these other two brands would take good care of that market, sadly I had totally forgotten them.

No wonder. I can't see them in shops. Nor do I see any advertisement. But...

KA22NABH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Wouldn't it be a good candidate for the G-Force? Not to mention, this shape is a rather successful one in the ESPs range:

xlarge.png

Bence

Fender offers 31 cases. Gibson does offer 2. They don't sell cases separately for V or Explorer, and many other shapes of guitars. Not even a multi-fit one!

Fender offers stands. Wouldn't it be a great opportunity for Gibson to jump on the market gap, and offer Gibson-branded nitro-safe stands?

Fender's accessories site: http://intl.fender.com/en-SE/accessories/

They even had enough creativity to come up with such a funny item:

716nFYQHDEL._SL1200_.jpg

81-0USt%2BNeL._SL1200_.jpg

Cheers... Bence

They even had enough creativity to come up with such a funny item:

716nFYQHDEL._SL1200_.jpg

81-0USt%2BNeL._SL1200_.jpg

Cheers... Bence

I gigged mine for long time. It's sitting right next to me, still stenciled RCT GUITARS but no stickers. I use it for work since I retired from the bars in 2003. I've had it probably 20 years now.

rct

Thomann was Europe's largest-selling Gibson dealer and always had an enormous variety of Gibson models in stock. Most less usual instruments built by Gibson are no longer in stock across the entire EC now. Anyway, Thomann has always been reluctant to stock goods that won't sell, and so I believe they disagreed over the 2015 model year.

As I found out several weeks ago, the contract expired as of March 2015. Thomann still have lots of Gibson, Epiphone etc. goods in stock, but the articles disappear one by one when they are sold-out.

Music Store Professional, Cologne, Germany, is now Gibson's largest retailer in Europe. I bought some Gibsons there, too, but when about options, their stock is tiny compared to what Thomann's has been. Anyway, they have hundreds of 2015 Gibsons left and try to blow them out since months through up to 45% discount. Thomann has next to no 2015's left - they simply didn't buy them.

Maybe Thomanns FAQs need updating but they still 'think' they are authorised dealers for everything they sell.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/faq_question_is_thomann_an_authorised_dealer_for_all_products_on_offer.html

Thomann's stock of Gibson, Epiphone etc. products was bought and thus is owned by Thomann. Due to EC laws, they remain authorized to sell all the goods they bought during the contract period. Were these consignment goods, they would have to be returned to Gibson etc., and sales would have to be stopped.

They sell them still including the same warranty conditions for the customer as before.

My best reports say that Thomann still has regular contact with Gibson. The dealer contracts had to be renewed annually in the past already, and there have always been disagreements.

Thomann also didn't buy several Gibson mass products in the recent years. My EB 2013 basses were among them, and I know why. They are great basses, but with the EMG Hi-Z pickups they now have. The stock Jim DeCola humbuckers caused a string pull fouling up tone completely on higher frets, starting at the 8th fret for the E4th. Thomann never tolerated such misdesigns. I bought the two of my EB 2013 basses elsewhere and replaced the pickups of both.

Meanwhile Thomann is offering The Heritage and Tokai guitars, and lots of customers seem to buy PRS now instead of Gibson.

It can't be much different there than here in the US.

The dealer has to pony up a lot of money each year, like, half a million, and take that inventory. Each year. That's what caused the major consolidation of dealers here in the US, only the really really big guys can put up that kind of money.

We are the only people that care about 2015 holograms and goofy signatures. The company and the dealers care only about money.

rct

Accordingly to the official Gibson list, there are 28 authorized Gibson dealers in Germany. Most of them are pretty small, have very little stock, and obviously were not forced into buying something they don't like.

Two of the five dealers I bought at least one Gibson from are no longer Gibson dealers. One of them has been a mid-table dealer so to say, the other one has been Europe's #1. I think they know how they earned this position. I hope Gibson will remember their position and the position of their own, too.

Accordingly to the official Gibson list, there are 28 authorized Gibson dealers in Germany. Most of them are pretty small, have very little stock, and obviously were not forced into buying something they don't like.

Two of the five dealers I bought at least one Gibson from are no longer Gibson dealers. One of them has been a mid-table dealer so to say, the other one has been Europe's #1. I think they know how they earned this position. I hope Gibson will remember their position and the position of their own, too.

Not even two miles from where I'm sitting we had one of their best sellers in this state since the late 80's. GC came in 2003 and within 5 years he was no longer a dealer, before he died he told us they wanted more than a million a year out of him. GC was clearly a better deal for them than he was. It was terrible, and it was the first time I thought seriously about just selling my Gibsons and not ever buying another one.

rct

Not even two miles from where I'm sitting we had one of their best sellers in this state since the late 80's. GC came in 2003 and within 5 years he was no longer a dealer, before he died he told us they wanted more than a million a year out of him. GC was clearly a better deal for them than he was. It was terrible, and it was the first time I thought seriously about just selling my Gibsons and not ever buying another one.

rct

Is that due to the "Prestige" in their slogan? Money equates to prestige?

Is that due to the "Prestige" in their slogan? Money equates to prestige?

Money moves inventory out of their hands and into the hands of the dealer, whom the company doesn't care one bit about. GC has the size and might to average out whatever dollar figure per district the company wants. That little guys store was awesome, he sold a CRAPload of Gibsons and serviced them well. GC did not want that kind of competition at all. It was a Win Lose Win for everyone at that time, but this GC isn't doing very well it seems over the last two years. And the manager is a good friend, I hate feeling the way I feel about it all.

rct

Archived