Gibson Brands Forums

Full gibson line to be released Tomorrow?

scottpaine_69

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too summarise..

New Traditional Series:-

Our Best Traditional Guitars Ever

•Historic heel

•TekToid nut

•Original neck width

•Vintage tuners

•Standard toggle switch

•Standard single-contact-point jack

•Traditional hard-wired control harness

•Traditional grade wood selection

•Acrylic inlays

•Traditional hard shell case

* Specific Models Only. See product page for details.

Improved High Performance Series :-

Add Tomorrow's Tradition to Your Collection

•Fast Acess heel (kinda interested in this)

•Adjustable titanium zero fret nut

•New soloist's neck width (and this?) (I just read a bit more, they are calling it a Soloist neck cos of the extra wide space above and below the top and bottom E)

•Improved G-Force tuners

•Smooth silent-action toggle switch

•New gold plated multi-contact jack

•Dip switch for over 150 rewiring options (:o now this sounds interesting)

•Higher grade wood selection

•Genuine Mother of Pearl inlays

•Fortified aluminum case (SWEET)

* Specific Models Only. See product page for details.

That does look sweet [thumbup]

HLPNSTDPHSCH1_ACCESSORIES_CASE_zpsj5neiwkx.jpg

This is the only picture of the new heal.. Oddly, that's very similar to how I do mine :-k ;)

I like it [thumbup] (well from what I can see, you need a better pic of that if its a new feature)

HLPNSTDPHSCH1_ELECTRONICS_SIDE_zpspuivspdx.jpg

Very well done, Gibson!

We can't say they did not listen. Separate Traditional and High Performance versions are available of all the models.

The new neck heel on HP models is a very good idea.

Again, well done! Should have been done this way a year ago and Gibson could have saved themselves from all the trouble.

Cheers... Bence

Very well done, Gibson!

We can't say they did not listen. Separate Traditional and High Performance versions are available of all the models.

The new neck heel on HP models is a very good idea.

Again, well done! Should have been done this way a year ago and Gibson could have saved themselves from all the trouble.

Cheers... Bence

Yup.. and slightly more for the extra bucks... The new case looks well nice.... And they have new pickup types and wiring system on the HPs as well as the new heal...

Good stuff all in all.... [thumbup]

I may have to wait for the 2016 Rabswood line to come out to compare [thumbup]

Haha... Well at the moment I cant see past getting my web site up.. so we will see what next year brings (even though its only 2 months away, it feels like ages) :)

Good for Gibson, they figured out a way to make everybody happy.

Maybe a Firebird T is in my future in 2016. The SGs don't look too bad, either.

I still think Landing Strip is much catchier than Soloists Neck but that's just me.

Speaking of "Traditional," I sure wish they'd brought back the SG "Classic" only with

the early '60's bevels, and horn tapering. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed, that they

went back to the punier beveling, and almost non-existent horn tapering, on the 2016

SG models! [tongue] I had such high hopes, for them to continue those original spec's. [crying]

But, "C'est La Vie!" Sometimes, you're the bird, sometimes you're the statue! :rolleyes:

CB

Speaking of "Traditional," I sure wish they'd brought back the SG "Classic" only with

the early '60's bevels, and horn tapering. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed, that they

went back to the punier beveling, and almost non-existent horn tapering, on the 2016

SG models! [tongue] I had such high hopes, for them to continue those original spec's. [crying]

But, "C'est La Vie!" Sometimes, you're the bird, sometimes you're the statue! :rolleyes:

CB

They went back to Swiss Cheese weight relief of Traditional LPs as well. Falling back into old mistakes, they perhaps try to regain some ground for further, ahem, "improvements" [confused]

CB

I wish they made the SG Original again, but made it part of the regular line...or at least bring back the '61 Reissue. I think overall it's a good year from Gibson though. I don't mind the beveling or tapers not being early 60's, so long as they don't ever go back to how they made them in the 80's with none at all! I'm really pleased with the 2016 SG Special T I bought the other day.

Oh, I'm sure they're great guitars, and sound and play just fine! As most of you know,

I just have a "thing" about the early '60's beveling and horn tapering! Those were the

SG's I learned on, and owned, back in the day. So, they're the spec's I still prefer.

Some don't give a damn, one way or another. But, "I" do! [biggrin] LOL!!!

I'm just Really Glad, I managed to get the one's I have, when I did! They're all super SG versions,

and, with the "right" spec's, too! [flapper][biggrin]

CB

I do agree with you CB, that they should stick to the original specs with SG's. Perhaps it is to do with cost cutting and time management that they don't have accurate bevels/ tapers? It seemed like in the 70's/ 80's they lost the plot with SG's during the Norlin period and never seemed to get it quite right after that with the exception of the Custom Shop models and some USA ones, i.e, the Original, '61 & Kirk Douglas.

Archived