Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo.

wezzywest

I have a SCSJ I bought new a few years ago. I love it. Can't recommend them enough. Of course you should play before you buy. I like the neck shape and the sound. Plus it really looks great.

Rich G

Yup......I have aSCSJ I got the one with the Trance amulet pup (label signed by Ms Crow to boot) and man I love it ALL my other guitars are jealous and lonely cause I just can't put the SCSJ down ....Play one you'll love it.

Yup......I have aSCSJ I got the one with the Trance amulet pup (label signed by Ms Crow to boot) and man I love it ALL my other guitars are jealous and lonely cause I just can't put the SCSJ down ....Play one you'll love it.

Thanks for that `plus`, for these guitars. Just been back on the Gibson website and cannot view this guitar now!! Very strange.

Weepy,

My SCSJ. I gig with it everywhere. Firestripe pick guard, no sticker, (I'm not really into signature guitars) and LRBaggs Anthem. Gibson really hit this one out of the park. Add top, all bone and advanced x bracing. It is one of the only guitars I have that I can honestly say "it's not for sale." I hope that helps.

GT

Weepy,

My SCSJ. I gig with it everywhere. Firestripe pick guard, no sticker, (I'm not really into signature guitars) and LRBaggs Anthem. Gibson really hit this one out of the park. Add top, all bone and advanced x bracing. It is one of the only guitars I have that I can honestly say "it's not for sale." I hope that helps.

GT

Poseur !!

:D

Nice guitars

Weepy,

GT

GT,

Thanks for posting. Yep it sure does help [thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a 2012 model (no pickup) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I ordered a Greven firestripe pickguard for it, and will ask people here what they think of pickup options should I decide this is truly a keeper. I believe it will be.

Thanks for the discussion here, which is why I decided to buy it.

Best,

Chris

I just picked up a 2012 model (no pickup) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I ordered a Greven firestripe pickguard for it, and will ask people here what they think of pickup options should I decide this is truly a keeper. I believe it will be.

Thanks for the discussion here, which is why I decided to buy it.

Best,

Chris

Give some consideration to the Trance Audio Mono. http://www.tranceaudio.com/amuletm.html

Arrived today!

Label inside says Model 1 Sheryl Crow SJ

Sounds amazing!

I got the firestripe pick guard (Tor-tis) from LMI, and will get my luthier to replace it.

Like I said, no electronics, so I will research your suggestions.

Thanks guys-wouldn't have explored this one without your posts here

Archived