Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wezzywest

Gibson Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo.

Hi,

Has any forum member owned or played one of the Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo guitars. I am really interested in this model and would be grateful for any info or reviews.

Thanks.

I saw one at Music Villa in Bozeman this summer, another fellow was playing one and it was great looking but not outstanding in the sound department. I suggested he try the 12 fret SJ they had and he bought it. I bought up my Waterloo there that day.

I have a SCSJ I bought new a few years ago. I love it. Can't recommend them enough. Of course you should play before you buy. I like the neck shape and the sound. Plus it really looks great.

Rich G

Yup......I have aSCSJ I got the one with the Trance amulet pup (label signed by Ms Crow to boot) and man I love it ALL my other guitars are jealous and lonely cause I just can't put the SCSJ down ....Play one you'll love it.

Yup......I have aSCSJ I got the one with the Trance amulet pup (label signed by Ms Crow to boot) and man I love it ALL my other guitars are jealous and lonely cause I just can't put the SCSJ down ....Play one you'll love it.

Thanks for that `plus`, for these guitars. Just been back on the Gibson website and cannot view this guitar now!! Very strange.

Weepy,

My SCSJ. I gig with it everywhere. Firestripe pick guard, no sticker, (I'm not really into signature guitars) and LRBaggs Anthem. Gibson really hit this one out of the park. Add top, all bone and advanced x bracing. It is one of the only guitars I have that I can honestly say "it's not for sale." I hope that helps.

GT

Weepy,

My SCSJ. I gig with it everywhere. Firestripe pick guard, no sticker, (I'm not really into signature guitars) and LRBaggs Anthem. Gibson really hit this one out of the park. Add top, all bone and advanced x bracing. It is one of the only guitars I have that I can honestly say "it's not for sale." I hope that helps.

GT

Poseur !!

:D

Nice guitars

Weepy,

GT

GT,

Thanks for posting. Yep it sure does help [thumbup]

I played one in the store and liked the feel, but wasn't impressed with the tone. But I was finger picking it. I think that git might do better with a heavy picking and strumming approach. The adi top probably needs time.

Thanks for the replies. Also the link to your thread J1854-ME [thumbup]Really enjoyed reading and looking!!

Cheers.

The SCSJ Supreme does not show on the Gibson website anymore! I tried again from your link, just error 404.Strange.

Poseur !!

:D

Nice guitars

Yeah cool photo huh? It is one of the cover art from my 2nd CD. The only photo I knew I had for sure of the SJ.

I have a 2012 model (no pickup) and if it had a thicker 1940s neck, I might not own a single other guitar. It's incredible....

I have a 2012 model (no pickup) and if it had a thicker 1940s neck, I might not own a single other guitar. It's incredible....

Another plus [thumbup] I have emailed a shop about the cost of shipping a 2012 to the UK, but still waiting.

I just picked up a 2012 model (no pickup) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I ordered a Greven firestripe pickguard for it, and will ask people here what they think of pickup options should I decide this is truly a keeper. I believe it will be.

Thanks for the discussion here, which is why I decided to buy it.

Best,

Chris

I just picked up a 2012 model (no pickup) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I ordered a Greven firestripe pickguard for it, and will ask people here what they think of pickup options should I decide this is truly a keeper. I believe it will be.

Thanks for the discussion here, which is why I decided to buy it.

Best,

Chris

Give some consideration to the Trance Audio Mono. http://www.tranceaudio.com/amuletm.html

Oh that should be very nice. Looking forward to an NGD and pics on this one.

+1 for the Greven pickguard.

+1 for the Trance Mono, as well. I do not have it in my guitar but recently played one. WOW!

Welcome.

Arrived today!

Label inside says Model 1 Sheryl Crow SJ

Sounds amazing!

I got the firestripe pick guard (Tor-tis) from LMI, and will get my luthier to replace it.

Like I said, no electronics, so I will research your suggestions.

Thanks guys-wouldn't have explored this one without your posts here