Sparked by the Copperhead Road references in several songs

And (can you believe it) came upon the following modern phenomenon

Moonshine made from Vegemite.... :blink:

I am still near traumatised and hoping for factual corroboration.... [unsure]

V

:-({|=

What the hell does it taste like?

Its a rich salty yeast based spread.

You probably dont have Marmite in America, but it similar to that. Next to that its similar to Bovril, but with a stronger taste. Kids love it. Adults either hate or love it.

I tried Vegemite once. It was ok but.... the yeast flavour was like beer yeast. Not lager, but English 'bitter beer'.

(I think Billy Connolly had the same take on Vegemite as me).

If youve ever walked into pub at midday opening time (an old style pub with wood floorboards) when they are mopping up spilled beer from the night before, it smells of stale beer. That smell is what Vegemite tastes like.

Its a rich salty yeast based spread.

You probably dont have Marmite in America, but it similar to that. Next to that its similar to Bovril, but with a stronger taste. Kids love it. Adults either hate or love it.

I tried Vegemite once. It was ok but.... the yeast flavour was like beer yeast. Not lager, but English 'bitter beer'.

(I think Billy Connolly had the same take on Vegemite as me).

If youve ever walked into pub at midday opening time (an old style pub with wood floorboards) when they are mopping up spilled beer from the night before, it smells of stale beer. That smell is what Vegemite tastes like.

Victoria is known for some of the best beers in the world (we have great water) so what are you going to do with all that left over malt?

1446847673[/url]' post='1709251']

What the hell does it taste like?

Yes, I've never heard of it before. But the first time we went south east US, a cafe put some white looking stuff on my plate. " What is that," I asked. Grits, he said. "What's a Grit," I asked? So I very carefully put a tiny bit on my fork and tried it. Neither my wife or I ate any after that. On our Honeymoon in Hawaii they had Poay ( ever how you spell it) and we were at a table of all honeymooners. No one knew what it was and the waiter said don't eat it. It takes a speacial getting used to and most Hawaiians don't eat it. One gal at the table had to try it, and ran off to the restroom to throw up. Lol we were told it tastes just like wallpaper glue!msp_thumbdn.gif

Well it's all Emma's fault!

Talking about frying bread in bacon grease!

We've just had a long Sunday morning BBQ brekky outside in the sun and cooked the bread on the hotplate after cooking heaps of bacon! (had to make up for yesterday didn't i?)

But it's not my fault, it's Emma's for giving me the idea!

Well it's all Emma's fault!

Talking about frying bread in bacon grease!

We've just had a long Sunday morning BBQ brekky outside in the sun and cooked the bread on the hotplate after cooking heaps of bacon! (had to make up for yesterday didn't i?)

But it's not my fault, it's Emma's for giving me the idea!

Hi Digger, well I had my bacon, fried bread and black pudding for breakfast, it was delicious [thumbup]

naughty but very nice [wink] washed down with a cuppa tea.

Set me up for the day playing my SG woo hoo.

kind regards, Emma :)

Hi Digger, well I had my bacon, fried bread and black pudding for breakfast, it was delicious [thumbup]

naughty but very nice [wink] washed down with a cuppa tea.

Set me up for the day playing my SG woo hoo.

Mine was nice too Emma, thanks for the idea.

We sat around outside in the sun for a couple of hours reading (and eating) and being terribly lazy in fact. It was lovely....grin~

Mine was nice too Emma, thanks for the idea.

We sat around outside in the sun for a couple of hours reading (and eating) and being terribly lazy in fact. It was lovely....grin~

Hi Digger, this sounds like the perfect way ro start the weekend [thumbup]

What is this rare thing, that you call The Sun? In the UK it is a rare occurrence.

I was to chicken to sit in the garden in my coat, scarf, gloves and umbrella. :lol:

Hi Digger, this sounds like the perfect way ro start the weekend [thumbup]

What is this rare thing, that you call The Sun? In the UK it is a rare occurrence.

I was to chicken to sit in the garden in my coat, scarf, gloves and umbrella. :lol:

Sorry Emma but in the 1700's you guys had your chance for a bit of sun, surfing and "prawns on the barbie" type of lifestyle but you chose to send your Crims here and stay there freezing your bums off!

"I'll opt for penal servitude M'lord". (Yippee!)

Sorry to sound harsh & uncaring my dear, perhaps you can come here for a holiday?

Archived