Gibson Brands Forums

Your Opinion.............

MissouriPicker

I think all we can do is guess, and likely won't know until it happens.

Personally, I think until it happens is the important thing, as lots of online dealers have listed stuff that took up to a year to come about, but I am mostly remembering Epi stuff.

My guess? I think that Gibson prices have been all over the past decade or half decade, and what we might be seeing is a price drop. The Gibson USA line has dropped drastically (but was also up drastically).

Also, it may be a new "policy" of GC/MF filling the webpage with stuff ordered, and not available yet, for whatever reason. I get the idea they DID order these and others from Gibson to be built, and the order is yet to be filled for them by Gibson. That makes sense to me.

Received a call from Guitar Center this afternoon in regards to the CJ165 question I asked about earlier. They said the page with the CJ should have automatically been removed when the last of the models were sold, but instead it reverted to showing the guitars were on backorder. So, "No" they are not getting any CJs in the near future depending on if-and-when Gibson puts them in production again (Gibson has no plans at the moment)......Anyway, this guitar again has me intrigued, so I suspect the hunt begins for a non-cutaway.....Thanks for all the great input and suggestions.

Guitar Center... said the page with the CJ should have automatically been removed when the last of the models were sold, but instead it reverted to showing the guitars were on backorder.

That sounds like a load of BS to me. When were the last of the models sold, 5 years ago? If the page just should have been "automatically removed," how did it get the new $1499 price and the specific December 7 arrival date?

I see the page now says "We're sorry - we no longer carry this item." Sorry? They ought to be.

Archived