Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200 Artist

lengle1981

So who's got one of these? Thoughts?

I have previously had 2 EJ200's in natural which I loved. Do these stand up to the old version? I know they don't make these anymore, just the shoulderless one which I'm not a fan of. So what are people's thoughts on these? They are an absolute steal at £150 here in the uk

So who's got one of these? Thoughts?

I have previously had 2 EJ200's in natural which I loved. Do these stand up to the old version? I know they don't make these anymore, just the shoulderless one which I'm not a fan of. So what are people's thoughts on these? They are an absolute steal at £150 here in the uk

The Artist isn't worth it.

Unlike the EJ-200SCE, the EJ-200 Artist is completely made of laminated wood; it's an inexpensive guitar for sure, and which I have had the chance to recently check out first hand at our local store. For a little more dough you are much better served in the short and long run with the actual EJ-200SCE or the IB64 Texan, both of which offer phenomenal value and phenomenal sound (solid wood plus built-in amp) at a relatively low price point.

I bought one of the new EJ200 all laminate models. It was very inexpensive. I wanted it to hang up in my office without worrying about lack of humidity causing a crack. There are times when I am planning for a worship service that I use the guitar to work out the music. It works well thus far for that purpose. It is readily available so I just pick it up and start. It had a bit better sound than I thought it might with a laminate top. But, understandably, I find its sound rather inferior to my Epi's (and other brands, too) with solid tops. Just my experience, YMMV.

Steve

Archived