Gibson Brands Forums

NGD...........purdy!

NHTom

Walked into my local guitar shop the other day and I guess they've begun to know me and my tastes.

As soon as I cleared the top step I hear "Tom check THIS out!"

101_1094_zpstyhga5z3.jpg

101_1096_zpsrgg80nmm.jpg

SIGH...........what can I say? They know me!!!

NHTom

They spec it like this.........

"NAMM 2013 The Fender Select Series is back and better than ever for 2013. The Select Series is the top of the line when it comes to Non-Custom Shop Fender USA instruments, and with all these new features and specs, it shows. Pictured above is the Fender Select Telecaster HH with a chambered alder body, topped off with an exotic looking piece of Malaysian Blackwood. Add in a birdseye maple neck, compound radius fretboard, and two Wide Range Special humbuckers and you’ve got yourself a heavy-hitting Tele with really unique looks."

It currently has Duncan's in it, but I was able to secure the Fender Wide Range Humbuckers for it. Just need to find a source for the apparently non-existent quick connectors for them.

NHTom

Very resonant.

Beefy neck. A little beefier than my Am Std Tele, but it plays so smooth that I don't mind the extra thickness. I'm guessing abalone inlays.

Has the S1 push button in the middle of the tone knob so it can coil split.

NHTom

Cool.. that's pretty unique... and a Fender with Hummers is the only way to go [thumbup] allows you to give it some welly...

I'm such a huge fan of the "slab" type guitars. LP Specials and Tele's to be exact. Heck, even my one PRS is a slab.

I love them for their simplicity(even though this one is sorta fancy), but at the same time, they can deliver a really broad range of sounds....singles, P90's, Hums, or combinations of them all.

Part of why I will end up putting it back to the original Fender Wide Range hums just to give them a try.........I've got plenty of others with hums, so those should be a bit different.

NHTom

NICE!

Whats he playing through? Vox?

Its through an Orange AD30 head - usually into house backline speaker cab, or else a Vox 4x12 - and a damn nice amp they are too.

The Orange may be 30 Watts but its hard to imagine needing much more even when not mic'd !!

Congrats, Tom, me thinks they really know you at the shop! [biggrin] Very pretty catch for sure. [love]

Very resonant.

Beefy neck. A little beefier than my Am Std Tele, but it plays so smooth that I don't mind the extra thickness. I'm guessing abalone inlays.

Has the S1 push button in the middle of the tone knob so it can coil split.

NHTom

What crazy coincidences. My American Deluxe Telecaster Ash is very resonant, too, the neck is compound radiused and feels beefier but smooth, too, and the inlays perhaps are also made of abalone. The S1 switch on mine, however, is for the serial circuit option of both the noiseless single coils.

Enjoy your new Tele, Tom! [thumbup]

Archived