Gibson Brands Forums

Female Boxers

SteveFord

I'm ok with it.

I am an MMA fan. Boxing is pretty boring to watch now.

If I had to pick between watching a couple heavyweights or a couple ladies going at it

I would pick the dudes every time. But I think it's good they are allowed in the sport.

Equal opportunity gets my vote every time.

If they want to fight let them.

What's next to feed our fascination for brutality? How about we give each opponent a weapon? One could have a dagger the other a spiked ball on a chain attached to the end of a club!Oh, right, that was the Romans in the original caged fight at the colosseum. We have sure come a long way!

I don't watch boxing or wrestling for that matter. Why glorify violence? Doesn't the world have enough of it without putting on shows? If aliens would look down upon our world and the Human Race as a whole, they would destroy our planet for fear of our stupidity spreading beyond our world.

What's so great about people beating the #@&t out of each other?

Rant over...

I normally don't watch any of that. My Dad boxed in the Marine Corp & in the Golden Gloves when he got out of the service. We used to watch some of the greats back in the day - Sonny Liston, Rocky Marciano,Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, etc but after he passed back in 2008 I quit watching all that stuff..

..until Ronda Rousey came along. I'm a huge fan. :) I have only watched her fights because I like her and her "I'm going to hurt you" look is awesome. I hope she heals quickly from her last bout. Her 1st loss was last Saturday night in Melbourne. At some point I knew someone would take her down but I'd hoped it wasn't so soon. That's my only interest in any of that. Here's my gal putting on her game face [thumbup]

Ronda.jpg

Never had a problem with Boxing. Greatest Athletes in the world. To be honest though MMA is a little rough and too brutal for me to watch. I dont like the idea of a figher getting pummeled while defenseless on his/her back. MMA are also incredible atheltes and tougher than I could ever dream to be, but it just aint for me.

I don't like it I have done martial art's most of my life thats a fighting sport and in that case women are just as talented and just as skilled as most men. Brawling is best done in a bar not a ring or a cage. I think females have the same right in most things and lets be honest anyone who thinks women are gentle and can't fight has never been in a real fight with a woman they are just as tough and just as brutal and more so and pound for pound they can be tough. But as a spectator sport no thanks I'll pass the world sucks and this is part of it to glorify violence in the name of a sport is sliding backwards into the abyss we crawled from. And i have boxed, Have fought against women as a police officer and have fought for money but that doesn't make it right.

Archived