Gibson Brands Forums

Rousey vs holm

cs orange widow

I figured it was bound to happen eventually. No one is unbeatable. Even someone like Mayweather, who's never lost, can be beaten on a wrong night.

Like Mike Tyson once said "Everybody has a plan....until they get punched in the face!"

I figured it was bound to happen eventually. No one is unbeatable. Even someone like Mayweather, who's never lost, can be beaten on a wrong night.

Like Mike Tyson once said "Everybody has a plan....until they get punched in the face!"

thats one of my favorite quotes.

Seeing as how this is the lounge,,, did anyone watch the Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm fight??? Any thoughts??? Personally I'm not a fan of Rousey, I do appreciate the athlete she is and she's destroyed her opponents... But I enjoyed watching her take good old fashioned beating!!!!

Ronda fought a dumb fight, she tried to outbox a boxer. She needs to take her to the ground and keep her there. They say the lion coming up the hill is always hungrier, well that holds true in mma, however with proper training ronda could potentially come back and win if she fights her fight.

I used to be a big boxing fan, but I think the start of PPV thing in the 90s kinda ruined it. The golden days of great fighters like Ali, Frazier Foreman, Spinx, Sugar-Ray, Hearns, Duran, Hagler.....they're gone.

I will watch an MMA, UFC, Tap-Out, whatever it's called, if I happen to see it on, but I don't follow it closely or go out of my way to watch. Watching the women is more of a curiosity thing for me. I don't really enjoy looking at women beat on each other, but feel like if they are willing to put themselves through all that, then I will give it a view.

I'm not a fan of violence and hate watching people fight in real life. But I see this as a regulated competition of skills. These people choose to participate and aren't forced slaves thrown into battle like the Roman Gladiators. They train very hard and most of the times the opponents respect each other. They usually hug and congratulate each other after the match.

As much as I like the old-school sweet science of pure boxing, I think that is actually more damaging to the fighter's health than the MMA style fights. The boxer, repeatedly takes head shots for a course of up to 15 rounds. Multiply that over the course of a career and think how many times the brain is bounced around that skull. MMA fights are over quicker and the refs are very fast to jump in and stop it if someone appears to be in real danger.

I think this fight will be a blessing to Rousey. The wake up call she needed. She has been so dominate in her fights that I think she started believing she was untouchable. I bet she comes back more focused and better than ever. I hope so anyways. She's fun to watch

I used to be a big boxing fan, but I think the start of PPV thing in the 90s kinda ruined it. The golden days of great fighters like Ali, Frazier Foreman, Spinx, Sugar-Ray, Hearns, Duran, Hagler.....they're gone.

I will watch an MMA, UFC, Tap-Out, whatever it's called, if I happen to see it on, but I don't follow it closely or go out of my way to watch. Watching the women is more of a curiosity thing for me. I don't really enjoy looking at women beat on each other, but feel like if they are willing to put themselves through all that, then I will give it a view.

I'm not a fan of violence and hate watching people fight in real life. But I see this as a regulated competition of skills. These people choose to participate and aren't forced slaves thrown into battle like the Roman Gladiators. They train very hard and most of the times the opponents respect each other. They usually hug and congratulate each other after the match.

As much as I like the old-school sweet science of pure boxing, I think that is actually more damaging to the fighter's health than the MMA style fights. The boxer, repeatedly takes head shots for a course of up to 15 rounds. Multiply that over the course of a career and think how many times the brain is bounced around that skull. MMA fights are over quicker and the refs are very fast to jump in and stop it if someone appears to be in real danger.

Growing up in rhode island i was a big vinny paz fan, he was in my eyes, the epitome of rocky. A puncher with very limited boxing skills, the only ones he acquired were from sheer force of will to learn, not any natural athletic ability. Against lesser compitition his power was enough, versus the greats he had to box more but still lost. But, win lose or draw his fights were always an old school shootout, vinny never dodged anyone. Was also a big fan of hitman hearns, that draw with sugar ray still irks me to this day lol. That was a golden time for boxing, duran, hagler, hearns, sugar ray, all champions who wanted to fight the best. The 90s had a nice heavyweight division, tho not quite what was there from 65-75 which to me was the best it ever was in boxing history. So many great heavyweights all around at the same time, liston, ali, frazier,patterson,foreman, norton, quarry, ellis, williams, shavers, lyle,young,bonavena i cant see any era of boxing having that great a list in one period.

Growing up in rhode island i was a big vinny paz fan, he was in my eyes, the epitome of rocky. A puncher with very limited boxing skills, the only ones he acquired were from sheer force of will to learn, not any natural athletic ability. Against lesser compitition his power was enough, versus the greats he had to box more but still lost. But, win lose or draw his fights were always an old school shootout, vinny never dodged anyone. Was also a big fan of hitman hearns, that draw with sugar ray still irks me to this day lol. That was a golden time for boxing, duran, hagler, hearns, sugar ray, all champions who wanted to fight the best. The 90s had a nice heavyweight division, tho not quite what was there from 65-75 which to me was the best it ever was in boxing history. So many great heavyweights all around at the same time, liston, ali, frazier,patterson,foreman, norton, quarry, ellis, williams, shavers, lyle,young,bonavena i cant see any era of boxing having that great a list in one period.

like you, i still will watch that 2nd Hearns/Leonard fight and think that was a BS decision. they gave Sugar Ray decisions like the gave Ali some. the Hitman was a great boxer. Hagler too. Joe Frazier is my all time favorite Heavyweight. I got to meet him a couple years before his death. Fraziers left hook has got to be one of the deadliest punches in history. I miss the golden years of boxing. the Holyfield/Bowe fights were probably the last great fights I remember seeing. Heavyweight anyway.

I have an old buddy who's from Providence RI and claims to be Vinny's cousin. (My cousin Vinny [biggrin] ). I remember he was heartbroken when Vinny lost to Macho Camacho. :-({|=

Archived