Gibson Brands Forums

NGD PRS

Drog

It seems as though there is no real middle ground with PRS guitars. People either love them or don't. I have a 25th Anniversary CU24, and I think it's the best made guitar in terms of quality I've ever seen. Plus I can get far more tones out of it than my Gibsons or Strat. I agree you can't make it sound like a Gibson or Strat, but I think it's got a great range of tones. They are pricey but worth it.

Anyhow, I love yours. The 10 Top looks great!

It seems as though there is no real middle ground with PRS guitars. People either love them or don't. ...

When about PRS, it's the same for me as with Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Yamaha, Parker, Duesenberg and many others. Up to now I didn't meet one of these I liked. It has nothing to do with love or hate but with what I feel I could use them for.

I have an PRS CU 22, I bet I have gad i decade.

Don't get me wrong it's an sweet guitar. I can get some Gibby Humbucker tones out of it, the single coil sound are more tele than strat to my ear.

I tried a ton of em out, McCarty's, CU 22's, CU 24' and more. This one spoke to me at the time. I don't play it a lot. I also left the rotary switch in, which I'm not a huge fan or, but it gives you the most ton options I think.

I also did a 10 top and bird inlays, McCarty sunburst and whammy bar.

When about PRS, it's the same for me as with Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Yamaha, Parker, Duesenberg and many others. Up to now I didn't meet one of these I liked. It has nothing to do with love or hate but with what I feel I could use them for.

I can understand that. There are tones from any guitar that may not be suited for everyone. But PRS seems to get this "label" much more than any other guitar. Other forums say the same thing. It's a general comment, and maybe a bit too general. But when I talk to PRS owners the most common discussion relates to people saying to them "these are nice but not for me."

I can understand that. There are tones from any guitar that may not be suited for everyone. But PRS seems to get this "label" much more than any other guitar. Other forums say the same thing. It's a general comment, and maybe a bit too general. But when I talk to PRS owners the most common discussion relates to people saying to them "these are nice but not for me."

Yeah, Carvins get the same rap. I think they both sound great, they just don't sound like other, more popular brands. Speaking of Gretsch, I think a FilterTron might be one of the most distinctive, unique, best sounding pickups around.

Archived