Gibson Brands Forums

Andertons has their own exclusive LPs

Rabs

NICE!! I like the out of phase switch [thumbup] (so I wonder if this means Gibson custom are taking personal orders again too?? or is it just for retailers to get the stock they want?)

https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/gibson-blues-master-les-paul-guitars-andertons

Gibson-Blues-Master-NEWS

Andertons are very proud to announce a new line of exclusive guitars coming from the Gibson Custom Shop called the Blues Masters. Designed by our guitar department manager Matt, Lee Anderton and the team at the Gibson Custom Shop these 58 Les Pauls match up classic playability and tone with some top grade flamed maple.

The History

In recent years Gibson have opened up their custom shop more to stores allowing us to pick up guitars with handpicked tops and finishes. To start with we ordered a bunch of 58 models that came with tops that Lee had personally chosen. The handpicked tops flew off the shelves as it was a great way of getting a Custom Shop 58 Les Paul with a stunning maple top.

Now in 2015 our guitar manager Matt went out the Nashville to visit the Custom Shop factory and while there he took it a step further by ordering in a line of guitars exclusive to Andertons called the Blues Masters. Again these guitars have gone through the process of having their tops hand chosen to make sure you get some beautiful flamed maple but this time we have also hand selected all of the finishes and electronics.

The Guitars

If you know much about the Gibson Custom Shop you will know that these CS8 models are made to get incredibly close to an original 58 Les Paul. As the Blues Master is built on this spec it too plays and sounds like a classic Les Paul. From the wood choice to the hide glue and hardware everything has been carefully selected to give you the classic sound we are all hunting for.

What separates this guitar from the rest of the CS8 line is not just the flamed maple top and the finish but the electronics as well. After testing out pickup after pickup we have chosen to go for the Gibson Burstbucker S pickups which were only ever available on Collectors Choice #12 before this and will not be available again after.

These pickups are underwound and lower powered compared to other 58 style pickups but this means you get the best character out of them. Nothing quite responds like a low output Gibson pickup and this is one of the best they have ever made. Did we mention that it also works amazingly well with the famous Peter Green Mod? This is where you invert the phase of the pickups in the middle position by lifting up the volume control giving of some very cool blusey tones. This switch is built in to this guitar as stock no extra wiring required.

Between the tops, the finishes and the electronics every these guitars are certainly unique to this range and will not be available anywhere else in the world.

Build Your Own?

One huge benefit of this new system from Gibson is that we can order not only to our spec but to yours as well. So if you have an idea for what you want out of a Les Paul and want to look at getting one custom made by Gibson give us a call. You can get in touch or pop in store to speak to our guitar department who will be more than happy to run you through the process.

Interesting.

Yes, Gibson custom is taking custom orders. At least that was the word I got from them when I did the custom shop tour last April.

I have my idea in my head ready to go, just saving up the dough. Would be easier if I stopped buying guitars for a bit. Lol

Thanks for posting that Rabs! Very cool & I like the name they gave them [thumbup]

I'm curious what the price point is on those :mellow:

Three quid twopence one dram and four pounds sterling fiver.

Approximately.

rct

Ooh! Quite interesting! I've seen Andertons do similar things in the past; they got a special / exclusive Marshall JTM amp for their anniversary (last year?).

I'm awfully tempted; I've been looking to get an R8 for a while, now. I was a bit miffed that the 2015 CS range were all VOS, and there were no gloss finishes unless you added a few grand more for a True Historic.

I spoke with someone at GAK earlier this year/ late last year and they were accepting Gibson Custom 'Made to Measure' custom orders. Might have to extend the credit card and have a look into this; I wonder what options are available...?

Thanks for posting that Rabs! Very cool & I like the name they gave them [thumbup]

I'm curious what the price point is on those :mellow:

All up at £3999.. But you guys wouldn't pay that if you order one from a US shop or Gibson direct if they are indeed doing that (as in converting £3999 to dollars (that works out at $6082.66 :o ) cos we have to pay import duty and postage and stuff like that.....

Id be interested to see what the dollar cost would be though.

A hefty wedge. Hmm....would it hold it's value?

But looks a very nice guitar and I love the 'Green-tone' switch!

I wonder if you order your own spec if its still £3999.. If it is and you get EXACTLY what you want made by the custom shop.. Well id certainly think about it.. assuming I EVER had that sort of spare cash, which is probably unlikely any time soon [rolleyes]

All up at £3999.. But you guys wouldn't pay that if you order one from a US shop or Gibson direct if they are indeed doing that (as in converting £3999 to dollars (that works out at $6082.66 :o ) cos we have to pay import duty and postage and stuff like that.....

Id be interested to see what the dollar cost would be though.

Thanks Rabs! And that's too much money <_<

(so I wonder if this means Gibson custom are taking personal orders again too??

A friend of a friend have a order (I Been Told) for a replica of the Black Sg Custom Angus Young Use in the End of LTBR The Movie

He used that sg for a couple of songs when i saw them in Munchen at ROB tour

angus2.jpg

Archived