Gibson Brands Forums

Bandmate of Mine Dies From Cancer At Age 54

capmaster

Sorry for your loss and yep disease doesn't always care about age. Hell i would hate to add up all the friends I've had die between Bullets, Bikes, Booze, Overdoses and disease Ive lost so many it really isn't ever easy. My best friend died at 44 of a brain tumor after years in the military, Police work, and even two helicopter crashes we both walked away from. But a brain tumor got him sitting in a classroom in a California medical school at age 46. what that really proved to me was live fast and have fun because when it's time to get your ticket punched it's time and you can survive some amazing thing if it's not your day. Now you might not want to take my advice since i have one leg am 90% blind out of one eye and have had more surgeries that i do guitars. But its been a great ride and regret very little so far in this life of mine.

Today I attended the funeral service for the guitarist friend who passed away. I forwarded your condolences to his family, and they were moved by the sympathy of this forum. Thank you all for your sympathies, they are much appreciated.

All of the former bandmates of the five of his former bands had come, and most were also present at the following lunch. We shared lots of memories around our common activities. The widowed wife confirmed that this would be in the interest of her deceased husband. As it happens too often, most of us former music mates met for the first time after many years, up to three decades.

Thank you very much again.

So sorry to hear the news Cap. 54 is young but I think any age is too young because it's permanent. Cancer is tough. Colon cancer almost took a co worker freind of mine. He thought he never needed to be screened until he retired. Then it was too late and they had to take half his colon out. I kept in close contact with him and he told me that I should get a colonoscopy years before I retired. It's a very good idea for everyone to get that checked if they never had one. My wife's mother never had one either and at 84 she has it bad and the doctors can do nothing for her now. When it's time for her...... At least they can't take our memories.

Archived