Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Gibson Les Paul guitar case issues.

scottpaine_69

I'm on my second case for my 2015 Gibson LesPaul Classic. (The newly designed case for the 2015 models). The original started to pull apart on the inside in multiple places. The outside started to have stress cracks around the metal rivets and the metal that surrounds the case which has the hinges and locks also started to pull away from the outer part in a couple of spots. Gibson sent me a replacement pretty quickly. But the replacement is now strarting to do the same thing with 1 added problem. My guitar fits very snug in the replacement case. A bit to snug. I've noticed that the Volume knob for the neck pickup (it's also a push/pull coil split) has ALOT of added pressure on it and it's starting to become out of place and has static when it's being turned. I sent Gibson an E-mail and the pics. of the case they requested and they said they will send a request to the factory and send me another replacement case. I did NOT get any reply about the problem that the case may (or may not) have caused to my volume knob. I was told that they would relay the info to the factory. What does relaying that particulare problem to the factory have to do with the current issue with the volme knob? I've sent another E-mail and still haven't heard back from Gibson yet. Normaly when I've had any issues like with the first case and a couple of zero fret nut replacements they were shipped out and Ive recieved them within 2 to 5 days. So far nothing yet. So I guess what I really want to know is, Has anybody else had any problems with the 2015 cases? Mainly being to snug and causing issues with any knobs? If the case is the cause of the knob issue, what do you think the next step should be. I don't want to seem like a problem customer but I have 3 Les Pauls and I dropped $2,300 on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic (which I love) Yes I needed replacement zero fret nuts as did anybody who bought a 2015, I had a bad servo on 1 of the tuning keys with the g-force and a bad battery that I had Gibson replace. They did replace the things that were wrong without any issues so far. So am I just being an A**hole for asking about the knob issue that I believe the case caused or am I justified? If so, How would any of you go about the problem with the knob? Thanks in advance...

I'm still wondering if I'm the only person with this (case) problem , which is one of my main reasons for my post. I asked Gibson in my 2nd and 3rd e-mail but they woundn't tell me anyway. That's why I brought it to the forum. I can't be the only one who has had a bad case. But like I said, my main concern is the volume knob (neck position with the push/pull coil split) haveing too much presure put on it causing it to be slightly out of place and haveing a static issue now. What the heck am I suppose to do about that? The case is suppose to protect, not damage the guitar.

Sorry for the double post..

Keep up the pressure.

You paid too much money to have second-rate merchandise shipped to you.

Ask them to send you a case from some other vintage (or year of manufacture) Gibson Les Paul.

I'm still wondering if I'm the only person with this (case) problem , which is one of my main reasons for my post. I asked Gibson in my 2nd and 3rd e-mail but they woundn't tell me anyway. That's why I brought it to the forum. I can't be the only one who has had a bad case. But like I said, my main concern is the volume knob (neck position with the push/pull coil split) haveing too much presure put on it causing it to be slightly out of place and haveing a static issue now. What the heck am I suppose to do about that? The case is suppose to protect, not damage the guitar.

I finally recieved an e-mail back from Gibson about the replacement case (this will make the 2nd replacement) but with no mention about the volume knob issue I brought up to them. The reply simply said "aparrently the head of quallity control has been out sick and I will have an update soon".

I finally have an update. Gibson is sending me a new 2015 Brown case to replace my concept case that came with my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. But I haven't seen any pics. of a 2015 gibson les paul brown case. Is it the same as the normal brown cases they've used for years or since they said 2015 brown case does that mean it's also been redesigned? No update on my volume knob issue yet.

Archived