Gibson Brands Forums

Brian Setzer this Friday night!

cookieman15061

Going with my better half to see The Brian Setzer Orchestra's 12th Annual Christmas Rocks Tour.

We saw him a couple years ago and it might've been the best concert I've ever been to.

I'll have my 2-tone green Gretsch out the rest of this week in anticipation.

[thumbup]

IMG_2588_zpse5007624.jpg

I would love to see the Brian Setzer Christmas show and it's been on my list for years. My wife just had a major operation which saved her life, and she not ready for any travel yet, so it wouldn't be this year that's for sure.

I am the owner of 2 Gretsch guitars. One Tenny Rose and 1 Power jet. I don't care what folks say about these Fender-Gretsches, but they are awesome guitars. Gretsch Hi Filterton are nice picks, but the TV Jones pick up my power Jet and in your Gretsch are some of the most amazing pick ups ever. It's the Gretsch sound for sure.

Even the electromatics are pretty sweet, you just need to change the pick ups to TV Jones.

Enjoy the show.

I just looked up the Gretsch Anniversary guitar and it no long comes with TV Jones classic.

sad.gif

I can't believe no-one has mentioned how gorgeous your Gretsch is yet...[laugh]

I think it's cute when old guys go to concerts.........

[flapper]

(Just razzin' ya Cookie.....)

What's weird is that no one has mentioned what a nice Gretsch you have.........

Have a great time and keep your eyes out for radical Islamic terrorist.

Just sayin'.....

Have a great time Cookie!!! I LOVE that Annie Gretsch and the mint color too. [biggrin] I just like lots of different guitars. That Gretsch sound does make me happy. So do the Ric's, an the Fenders, an the ... :rolleyes: Funny I have only one Gibson electric, and I love it too! [biggrin]

Aster

He is damn good. Love the Stray's and his solo stuff too. I played one of his signature Gretsch's and did not know they were not made in the USA. For over 2k. Shame on you Gretsch.

The modern high-end Gretch's are made in Japan. (Did I spell that right? what is plural for "Gretch"?). The labor rate for Japan and the USA is roughly equal these days.

He is damn good. Love the Stray's and his solo stuff too. I played one of his signature Gretsch's and did not know they were not made in the USA. For over 2k. Shame on you Gretsch.

Yeah doesn't much matter to me where it's made. It's one of my favorites and one of a short list of guitars I'll never sell.

You got close there, you need to put an. "S" in there after the "T". If most high end ones are made in Japan and low end are made in other parts of Asia then which ones are made in the USA.

Gretsch.

I don't think any are made here currently.

Also, it may matter to some, it may not. But I am pretty sure the Gretsch company no longer exist as it was. That is, factory closed, workers gone, etc. So that means if you want something of a "genuine" type Gretsch, you need to have one made by someone fanatical at "recreating" the guitars as they were...or have a certain opinion how they should be.

I realize there is something genuine about an American guitar being made in America, but as of today and the past decade or two, the Japanese are extremely fanatical about American guitars, and accuracy, and being able to build to a standard that is quite high..in particular recreations.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Japanese Gretsch, that's for sure. I ain't a Gretsch expert by any means, but the few I have tried have been REAL nice, and I have tried some real ones in the past as well.

You got close there, you need to put an. "S" in there after the "T". If most high end ones are made in Japan and low end are made in other parts of Asia then which ones are made in the USA.

Gretsch.

Off & On a few Custom runs are made in USA, as I understood it. I can't afford them w/o giving up my Motorcycle addiction. That ain't a gonna happen so I'll just have to play the MIJ version. My DuoJet is extremely well made fit and finish. I will admit I LOVE to see Made in USA on anything I purchase so I hear you.

Aster

Well first, the show was superb! You could tell Brian was in the mood to jam and held nothing back. Some of the riffs he tore up even made his orchestra smile and shake their heads.

While checking out the display of Setzer model Gretsch guitars I met one of their national reps. Great guy and we spent about twenty minutes talking guitars and showing guitar pics on our phones. Granted his collection blew mine away but it's always great talking gear and music.

He did confirm that one off limited editions like the Harrison duo jet are US made. All Pro models are Japan made. The Electromatics I believe Korean made.

Had a great time and when I get a chance I'll post pic of me in Gretsch Heaven.

Archived