Gibson Brands Forums

WInning a Guitar?

vikingtone

I remember the Firebird X competition the Redolution I really enjoyed looking at the entriies.

Many guitar give aways are limited to specific territories or Countries.

I am a big Fan of Rob Chappers and the Captain Andertons in Guildford have a huge and wonderful Stock of Gibsons, they have some of the most mouthwatering LP's and always can be relied upon for entertaining and informative Gear reviews.

I love my 1974 Les Paul and my 1949 LG2, I have sold my tiher Gibsons but those two I will hold on to they play and sound great.

I have a lovely Custom Shop Strat a rare one and also an American Telecaster I converted to a Teliax, a Variax transplant.

I have a few other Electrics that do it for me too, a Variax I hotrodded with Ludgren Pick ups, Graphtech Ghost 13 pin capability to plug into my roland GK33 and Gr 33 and also tronical auto tune This I use along with my Warmouth Guitar with p90's and Ghost acoustisonic to play my Rack Vax box which I also built myself.

ANyway hot rodding is what I really like to do I have my classics and so forth and before I depart this life I do ythink I will hopefully some day have an L5 and decent enough Jazz chops to go with it.

And yet and Yet.

Chapman Guitars and their collaborative design ethos really does excite me, I have enjoyed every step of the chappers journey from his first Video announcing his JV with Barnes and Noble who make/distribute FAITH guitars who Chappers used to demonstrate for.

SO this Video really got me going.

Here are my efforts if you haven't entered the competition closes at Midnight 19th its a fun thing to mess about with and the entry's on twitter and facebook pages are highly entertaining.

Banquos%20Ghost%20Frett.jpg

Ghost%20Fret%20Gettysberg.jpg

Jiohnosns%20Soul.jpg

ghist%20segiovuia.jpg

Hi Vikingtone

I love watching Lee & Rob's videos also.

I like irreverent humour too, but... the paste up job with Andrés Segovia was a step too far for my taste. I'm not asking for it to be removed or anything, I'm just standing up to be counted.

I cant even tell you why him and no-one else. Maybe its a higher regard?

Hi Vikingtone

I love watching Lee & Rob's videos also.

I like irreverent humour too, but... the paste up job with Andrés Segovia was a step too far for my taste. I'm not asking for it to be removed or anything, I'm just standing up to be counted.

I cant even tell you why him and no-one else. Maybe its a higher regard?

I know what you mean I posted this on Facebook earlier.

Steve Finney Not sure the maestro would approve of that one.

Like · Reply · November 17 at 11:57pm

Rog Rog Rog

Rog Rog Rog I suspect not Steve , he called the Electric Guitar an Obomination.

Wonderful as it is to listen to Segovia the open mindedness of a Nigel Kennedy and his great Album The Kennedy Experience is more my line of country.

Poking fun at the Maestro is not in any disrespect to his great achievements

I made a couple of extra ones tionight, I can't sleep as I have had a Cold and also packed in Smoking Last Friday so I´m in a bit of a daze.

komedi_1447884255245_366.gif

ghostinthememe.jpg

Archived