Gibson Brands Forums

Livelooping on J-45

saveasmusic

It is outstanding. Of course it sounds more electro than acoustic but as i have been looking for a looper to play acoustic it is very inspiring.

Is it something you perform live with all the loops done on the fly, or it was only for the video and some loops are pre-recorded? That's tons of different sounds and tracks.

edit : live apparently, just seen the OP title

I dont know. After 1.30 you cant hear the guitar at all and it all becomes electronica. My view is if youre going to use a J-45 try to at least capture the J-45 tone.

Clearly a lot of skill goes into it but it becomes a bit OTT pretty soon.

Its always about striking the right balance.

I dont know. After 1.30 you cant hear the guitar at all and it all becomes electronica. My view is if youre going to use a J-45 try to at least capture the J-45 tone.

Clearly a lot of skill goes into it but it becomes a bit OTT pretty soon.

Its always about striking the right balance.

Matter of taste.

I know this is a gibson **acoustic** forum, and that it could have been any other guitar than a J45.

However i'm opened to any kind of music and any instrument even the most exotic and equipments as soon as it makes music that talks to me.

And this video defintely talks to me :)

It is outstanding. Of course it sounds more electro than acoustic but as i have been looking for a looper to play acoustic it is very inspiring.

Is it something you perform live with all the loops done on the fly, or it was only for the video and some loops are pre-recorded? That's tons of different sounds and tracks.

edit : live apparently, just seen the OP title

Thank you! This music performed without pre-record, different sounds were made using different settings reverb, delay and filter.

....it is very inspiring.

Is it something you perform live with all the loops done on the fly...?

It would be much less painful splitting up the payoff between the band members. [biggrin] I wonder how wide (or narrow) a repertoire one might develop for a gig. It's a type of groove that seems to be popular today, but it's essentially two chords, in equal measures. Not much for chordal structure. The best section had a basic looping background with with a nice live non-looping guitar solo on the Gibson. (Oh, maybe you did loop that.) Anyway, pretty cool.

I loved the music. Very clever and inspired. I have one question, what model of J-45 are you playing? It appears to be Rosewood but the binding is a bit of a puzzle for me. Also some questions as to the peg head. It just doesn't look like a traditional J-45. Maybe a couple of photos of the guitar would help me to figure this guitar out. Did you get the guitar in Russia? I know I'm full of questions but I have very little contact with Russian musicians.

Beside all of that keep up the good music and be sure to continue to post here. It's great to have you posting here.

I loved the music. Very clever and inspired. I have one question, what model of J-45 are you playing? It appears to be Rosewood but the binding is a bit of a puzzle for me. Also some questions as to the peg head. It just doesn't look like a traditional J-45. Maybe a couple of photos of the guitar would help me to figure this guitar out. Did you get the guitar in Russia? I know I'm full of questions but I have very little contact with Russian musicians.

Beside all of that keep up the good music and be sure to continue to post here. It's great to have you posting here.

Thanks for your feedback. It's J-45 custom, made of Indian Rosewood and I bought this guitar in Russia, here's link on this model.

I am truly impressed with the whole package. I was watching and listening again and noticed what I thought was a photo of a Native American in profile in the background and then to my surprise the image moved and faced the audience. This happened at 3:33 in the song. Then the Image returned to a profile and stayed there. I'm intrigued. That was way cool. Same for the moving clouds. I would love to see and hear more.

The production is amazing. Great job.

I am truly impressed with the whole package. I was watching and listening again and noticed what I thought was a photo of a Native American in profile in the background and then to my surprise the image moved and faced the audience. This happened at 3:33 in the song. Then the Image returned to a profile and stayed there. I'm intrigued. That was way cool. Same for the moving clouds. I would love to see and hear more.

The production is amazing. Great job.

The whole thing was seriously cool. Great production.

That guitar looks really good as well. The top seems to have an aged toner on it, which is really, really nice!

I'm impressed. Not the type of thing I would normally pay much attention to, but seeing the way the music was produced was really enlightening.

Wow, that was amazing! Best looping video I have ever seen/heard. Delay was outstanding, everything was.

The 45 custom looks in everyway like the 45 customs I have seen except without sunburst. Wouldn't this be a J-50 custom? [biggrin] <_<

Archived