Gibson Brands Forums

Style or Function?

BluesKing777

AER by the length of the straight!

I had seen the videos, but when actually seeing one at the shop it is a shock how small they are. And next to it was the AER Compact Mobile battery operated - how cool is that?

I like Fishman stuff and I also lke the look of the new Fender so lucky my guitar fund is depleted slightly after a recent purchase and I don't need to make any rash decision.. [flapper]

I have a perfectly nice and usable, but boring Genz Benz 60 Stereo.

BluesKing777.

I voted for the AER have used one for years with my Taylor and Yamaha NTX 1200R , no problems but it doesn't suit my new J45 with the LR Baggs , I find I get a great better sound with added feedback control from my Marshall AS50D , just seems to like the 45 better than the AER

I'll vote for the Marshall AS50D as well. My J-35 seems to absolutely sing through it. It cuts through the two percussionists, keyboard, lead guitar and bass of our contemporary choir with no problem. Also, the two inputs make for some interesting effects when playing My Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE with each pup going to a different input. This amp can fill a room. Don't be fooled by its small size and 50W solid state.

Archived