Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
E-minor7

The Gibson Parakeet

I assume this is a special, custom 5 Star dealer limited edition release. I think the targeted market is people who have always been intrigued and tempted by the fabulous H'Bird, but needed something extra to get them to pull the trigger. A relatively neutral color like green, slightly stained might be what it would take. Wildwood probably only ordered 50 of these, and selling them should be doable.

Looks like a normal Bird' thats been sitting in the Aussie sun for 10 years ...

Or sitting in the Irish rain, turning moldy.

You have to admit that it IS so Gibson to try something like this though. I wonder what the comments were by the people who saw the first Hummingbird in its original color? I bet the traditionalists of the time thought it was just too out there. At least Gibson keeps throwing things out there to see if they might catch on. Good thing they came up with the adjustable truss rod at one time. And, putting this parakeet guitar up did indeed get some people talking. Bad press is better than no press, I guess.

You have to admit that it IS so Gibson to try something like this though. I wonder what the comments were by the people who saw the first Hummingbird in its original color? I bet the traditionalists of the time thought it was just too out there. At least Gibson keeps throwing things out there to see if they might catch on. Good thing they came up with the adjustable truss rod at one time. And, putting this parakeet guitar up did indeed get some people talking. Bad press is better than no press, I guess.

Mountainpicker, I agree with every single thing you mention, but when you see a guitar like this, it's impossible to not have some fun with it. I imagine that it sounds super.

Yes, kudos to Gibson for thinking outside the box.

But it IS ugly in my not so humble opinion.

And I used to own THIS so I can speak with authority:

p1_unvfj0zkv_ss.jpg