Gibson Brands Forums
Luis Serrano

Dj Controller Support

The answers to your questions in reverse order.

2. The best suggestion I have would be to look at a couple of other scripts that are included in Deckadance. There is no one way to program something. i know for me, when i have programmed a momentary button before, the code looked a little something like this.

case 0x04:	set(PITCH_BEND_NUDGE_MINUS_A, isDown); break;

its not elegant, bit it worked.

1. as far as programming jog wheels go, there is no exact science that I have found, (Luis and Phatso, please correct me here if you have found a better way to do it). I mostly when programming jog wheels like to make it so that it feels right when I use the controller. Most jog wheels are encoder based so they will all have different values to begin with as far as rotation distance measured. for example, the settings in my Mixtrack 3 script look a bit like this.

case 0x11:  set(JOG_A, value - 64.0, 0.0001, -0.004); break;

And the dj2go script jog wheel settings look like this.

case 0x19:	set(JOG_A, value - 64.0, -0.0001, 0.01); break;

Granted, if I remember correctly, the dj2go script jog wheels are all messed up.

I hope I have helped point you in the right direction as far as looking at how to do this.

Hi, thank you so much TheMonorey for your reply!!! What I tried is to use Midi learn functions and export the file in order to apply your script advices by modifying the exported file. But the exported file is in .c and the only accepted format is xml when importing the script, so I didn't manage to import. I don't know if this was a logical way to do so.

Well i'm not a programmer, I find it very interesting honestly (I work with programmers) but I unfortunalely have very fiew time to spend on it and my first wish is to play music.

I tried to send back one of the controller (VTT-101, as it is the last which I bought) to the seller as I wanted something directly compatible with the new version of deckadance, but the seller tells me to contact the sofware support :rolleyes:](*,)

Luis would you have any script dating from 2.5 version (which was comptabible with my hardwares) that could be imported in the last version of Deckadance? My controllers are DJ-Tech VTT-101 and CDJ-101 (which are small but good hardwares) I bought it recently and I bought also Deckadance DVS Edition, I thought there were still compatible. Thank you so much for your help!!!

HI I'm more VJ than DJ and owned CDJ-101 for a while.. (I know it's 7 years old but works)

As DD came with it I got another and the DJM-101 as I was asked to do some DJ'ing.

I thought they would continue to be compatible.

Has anyone done the scripts for them DJ-tech CDJ-101 and DJM-101 ?

I may try myself at some point but really busy with Quartz Composer and other work :(

Scripts for the CDJ-101 and DJM-101 are in my TODO list. Like father of these controllers I feel a little bit responsable for them.

They're nice and solid... I use mine with Resolume arena but different jobs need

different tools. Like the Korg Nano controllers. I was asked to do some quartz

composer patches for serato and Mix Emergency. So have a feeling I'll be asking

questions elsewhere in the forum for DD when that gets to my TODO list so know how you

feel. Got asked to learn Python last week too LoL

Edited by pagnix

Scripts for the CDJ-101 and DJM-101 are in my TODO list. Like father of these controllers I feel a little bit responsable for them.

Just ran this off on the midi learn.. Midi channels 1-4 and playlist selection on all 4 decks and load...

pitch slider not working and no loopback

DJ Tech CDJ-101

CDJ-101.c.zip

HI

would anyone happen to have a midi map for a Pioneer DJM S9 mixer? (Now obtained)

and anyone managed to get the VU meter lit up on DJ Tech DJM-101?

Cloned examples from other script changing channels and values but nothing

has worked

I have the Play - pause LED working on the CDJ-101 but when I add the CUE LED

the Play - pause LED stops work and Cue LED doesn't go out. The pitch sliders seem to

Jitter so omitted from posted script above

Edited by pagnix
  • Downvote 1

hello ,

i have a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar osx high Sierra and I've downloaded and registered decadance 2.43 successfully to OEM version , with a license of my previous version that came with my dj controller brand = djtechpro model = I-mix reload MK2.

When I started to mix I saw that not every button or fader works as it should be , for example take the gain turning knobs.

I wanted to adjust it myself in the configuration preferences menu , but when I pushed the button to open midi learn the decadance application gave me a error notification that it was not possible to do that If it's not the OEM version . But as mentioned above when I look in the menu category under registration I see clearly that it is decadance 2.43 OEM

can you guys help me so that at least everything works as it should be ? thank you very much in advance sincerely Benjamin

can you guys help me so that at least everything works as it should be ? thank you very much in advance sincerely Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Your problem is a little bit difficult to fix. The imix reload support was removed since version 2.50 and earlier versions support was done via native code (...this is the reason why you cannot change the mapping manually). You can update your version to new ones but then you will have to create a MIDI mapping or MIDI script from scratch.

Hi Benjamin,

Your problem is a little bit difficult to fix. The imix reload support was removed since version 2.50 and earlier versions support was done via native code (...this is the reason why you cannot change the mapping manually). You can update your version to new ones but then you will have to create a MIDI mapping or MIDI script from scratch.

hello , and first off all thank you for answering my question. Still now I even got some more questions related to this problem.

- so the easiest solution is stick to DD 2.50 and don't use a newer version of DD then 2.5 then my device is still supported.

- you mentioned " to update my version to the new ones , I am sure last time I installed DD that I used the last new install file , so what do you mean with update my version ?? does this mean I have to buy a new serial or product or am I mistaken on this?

- and making a midi map from scratch: well I would nothing rather do, then making a whole new midi script but how can I do this when I can't even change the existing midi script .

thank you for your patience and answers to help solve my problem , as English is not my mother language and I really want to understand the situation why and wat but more important is how to solve it or make a workaround or use older platform or buy new software ( as where I don't have the money for buying a new device or new software )

I really hope that with the help and explanations of you guys it's going to get more clear to me . thanks in advance sincearly Benjamin

hello , and first off all thank you for answering my question. Still now I even got some more questions related to this problem.

- so the easiest solution is stick to DD 2.50 and don't use a newer version of DD then 2.5 then my device is still supported.

- you mentioned " to update my version to the new ones , I am sure last time I installed DD that I used the last new install file , so what do you mean with update my version ?? does this mean I have to buy a new serial or product or am I mistaken on this?

- and making a midi map from scratch: well I would nothing rather do, then making a whole new midi script but how can I do this when I can't even change the existing midi script .

thank you for your patience and answers to help solve my problem , as English is not my mother language and I really want to understand the situation why and wat but more important is how to solve it or make a workaround or use older platform or buy new software ( as where I don't have the money for buying a new device or new software )

I really hope that with the help and explanations of you guys it's going to get more clear to me . thanks in advance sincearly Benjamin

To answer your questions in order.

1. For you, sticking with 2.43 and earlier is probably the best option because of how that controller's functionality was built into deckadance.

2. In order to do midi mapping, then yes, you will need to either buy DD standard of DD DVS editions. DD OEM was shipped with devices from Behringer and DJtech for a couple years and is a locked down version of DD that only works with controllers from those specific manufactures.

3. For your controllers, there is no existing script. The MIDI scripts for deckadance are written in a language called AngleScript, a very loose derivative of the C programming language. When your controllers were working with deckadance (V2.43 and earlier), they were functioning due to pieces of code written directly into deckadance's execution routines. That code that made your controllers work (and the code that is deckadance), was written in the programming language of C++. From V2.5 onwards, all of the controller code written in C++ (and thereby included in the main Deckadance code), was removed in favor of MIDI scripting. This was done because with midi scripting, you have better control over what your Midi controllers can control. As you have found out, the downside was that before the changeover, various controllers that used to work no longer function due to various different reasons. I encourage you to try using the built in deckadance midi mapping utilty as a starting point to generate your own script and then seeing if someone who is more familiar with how DD scripting works can optimize it for you (feel free to reach out to me once you have generated a script).

Edited by TheMoroney

Fxdagenius, if you can map out the controls using the built in mapping tool, and upload the results, I could throw together a script for you, it just wouldn't have any midi out unless I manage to find documentation for how vestax implemented midi. I would also need someone to be willing to test it as I don't own this controller (starting to move more into DVS personally.)

Hello again Luis, its been a while. I am still having trouble with the wonderfully crafted vci-400. I have functionality but my low eq knobs for deck A and B won't reset correctly they are always around 60 degrees of of the center 0 mark. I tried switching controllers in the settings menu that didn't work then I tried remapping the buttons but they still stay locked to the right off set by about 60 degrees. No matter how many times I twist the knob they return to that position. I exported a script but it was only a few lines of code (I'm no programmer, but it looks like it only recorded the changes that I made when I tried to remap the eq knobs) One of the arguments didn't look complete so I deleted it but it didn't help much. All it did was get the low eq knobs to match in the 60 degree offset position. Any recommendations?

Also how do I "map out the controlls using the built in mapping tool?" The script would be excellent because I am sure I am not the only one hoping for it and I would love to get going with DD again. I will do anything I can to help the script get made. I have some documents from Vestax what should I be looking for...regarding the midi out implementation? Finally I would absolutely test the script after you create it!

Looking forward to you reply thanks.

Hello

I own a Vestax Typhoon controller... which worked perfectly OK on DD 2.43... but not on DD 2.72 now installed in my laptop... DD 2.43 shows " Remote Controller " option on the Preferences Menu Set up... and automatically recognizes it and shows it on the controller list with picture and everything as soon as its plugged in, even, there is a " Scan " button to search for plugged in hardware... Somehow that " Remote Controller " option was dropped in DD 2.7 version... the only thing in the Preferences Set up menu is "Midi Controller" option...however, it recognizes the Vestax Typhoon because shows it " ON " in the In & OUT preferences ( it show it green On...) but that is all... on the "Control Surface" option I can see some Vestax controllers but not Vestax Typhoon... I've been trying to look the Midi Script for The Vestax Typhoon in forums but so far no luck...

can some one guide me how to make my Vestax Typhoon working with DD 2.7 Please...?

Thanks in advance