Gibson Brands Forums

Joe B gets not one but THREE sig models

Rabs

The Bonabyrd is leaving some space for upgrades. Besides using reflector knobs for the bridge pickup controls, I recommend one of the following adjustable bridge/tailpiece combinations. The Schaller Signum would match the KOTW's (King of Top Wrapper's) requirements better I think - it allows for nothing else: [biggrin]

babygrandchrome.jpg

78___12350100.jpg

:)

Those are all three very beautiful instruments, and very gorgeously-photographed.

And I would dearly love to be able to afford either of the bottom two.

The top one though, (the blue Bonabyrd) just seems aesthetically-wrong to me.

I mean, I know that Joe B is a fantastic blue guitar player, and if he wants Gibson to cobble a Thunderbird (or a Dave Grohl signature) neck onto a Les Paul, then more power to them.

But it rankles my sensibilities.

It's like seeing vintage early 1970's Corvette Stingray wheels on a 1988 Ford F150 truck.

Or big fake breast implants on a skinny librarian.

Just somehow wrong to me.

:(

The Bonabyrd is leaving some space for upgrades. Besides using reflector knobs for the bridge pickup controls, I recommend one of the following adjustable bridge/tailpiece combinations. The Schaller Signum would match the KOTW's (King of Top Wrapper's) requirements better I think - it allows for nothing else: [biggrin]

babygrandchrome.jpg

:)

Hi Capmaster,

Have you used this BabyGrandChrome bridge? Looks interesting.

Hi Capmaster,

Have you used this BabyGrandChrome bridge? Looks interesting.

No Gibson with a stopbar bridge here, so this doesn't apply to my guitars. Lindsay Ell modded her Les Paul Goddess guitars using it - the second one furthermore uses P-94 pickups instead of the stock transparent 490R/498T:

MJ1A8901.jpg

Route+91+Harvest+Country+Music+Festival+Day+sFBZLJrBlXtl.jpg

The top one though, (the blue Bonabyrd) just seems aesthetically-wrong to me.

It's like seeing ... big fake breast implants on a skinny librarian.

Just somehow wrong to me.

:(

We'd better see some pictures of the librarian just to verify your impressions.

I like pictures of real girls and real guitars, without breast or peghead implants. :rolleyes:

I'm not into "Signature" models, beyond "Les Paul" himself! Why play someone else's "Les Paul?" [flapper]:rolleyes:

It won't make you play like that person, anyway. If you like some of the features, you can probably "mod" a Standard,

or Traditional, to get them, and most likely, as a far lesser cost. The exception, of course, would be the Firebird

headstock. Personally, I'd just get a Firebird! [thumbup][tongue] But, that's just Me! [biggrin]

As to having 3 signature models? Doesn't "Slash" have (at least) 3, or more, by now?! Sure seems like it. [tongue]

And, didn't Joe Perry have several, as well?

CB

I'm not into "Signature" models, beyond "Les Paul" himself! Why play someone else's "Les Paul?" [flapper]:rolleyes:

It won't make you play like that person, anyway. If you like some of the features, you can probably "mod" a Standard,

or Traditional, to get them, and most likely, as a far lesser cost. The exception, of course, would be the Firebird

headstock. Personally, I'd just get a Firebird! [thumbup][tongue] But, that's just Me! [biggrin]

As to having 3 signature models? Doesn't "Slash" have (at least) 3, or more, by now?! Sure seems like it. [tongue]

CB

Please note that exceptional, distinctive Tomato Soup Burst you won't get on any other Les Paul. [biggrin]

And, didn't Joe Perry have several, as well?

CB

Yeah he has (more like 5 or 6 I think :)).. But I cant remember them ever doing three at the same time like this...

Not that its either here nor there... Just sayin :)

Yeah he has (more like 5 or 6 I think :)).. But I cant remember them ever doing three at the same time like this...

Not that its either here nor there... Just sayin :)

[biggrin] Well, if Gibson is going to try to keep up with Joe [scared] ...MOST of their "Les Paul's" will be his signature model(s),

in short order! [tongue] Joe seems to be trying to corner the market, on 50's-1960 LP originals. Never mind his other guitar models,

and every amp know to man! [flapper]

Must be nice?!!! LOL

CB

I count two: one just has the option of a Bigsby.

But anyway, I LIKE sig models, depending.

I don't believe in paying for the signature, but if the particular artist has a taste in guitars, then I think sig models are worthy in that regard. I think Mr. Bonamassa has that quality.

The guy knows his Lesters. And he sure darn well knows what to do with them. So yea, I'd be trying one if I was needing.

Archived