Gibson Brands Forums

Kopp K35 Spec.

wezzywest

Hi,

I have a 2008 Kevin Kopp K35 being shipped over to the UK [smile]

Does anybody know what the woods used on these earlier K35 are? The reason I ask is because, the fingerboard seems to be really dark, almost ebony looking on earlier ones. The Bridge is much lighter than the fingerboard on a lot of the earlier ones.I see new ones for sale and the fingerboard is much lighter, as I expect rosewood to look. Could the darker wood be Madagascar? I also saw an old sellers ad, saying that the back and sides were Honduran mahogany, whereas new ones for sale all say, mahogany. My feeling, is that they are not Honduran unless it is a custom upgrade.

Any info or spec sheets would really be appreciated.

I am currently, tracking my guitar across the US by road, then when it gets to Texas, it will be flying over here!! Getting excited, still another week to go.

Cheers.

How early?

Mine was Brazilian bridge and fingerboard. I had number 35.

Kevin is an awsome guy and you can talk to him via phone and now Facebook. I'd ask him what your guitar has!

Btw they are awsome guitars tone and looks. The hand rubbed burst is the best I've seen love it! Congrats can't wait to see pics

How early?

Mine was Brazilian bridge and fingerboard. I had number 35.

Kevin is an awsome guy and you can talk to him via phone and now Facebook. I'd ask him what your guitar has!

Btw they are awsome guitars tone and looks. The hand rubbed burst is the best I've seen love it! Congrats can't wait to see pics

Mine is number 62 going off Kevins` numbering system. I have emailed kevin, he told me it was the first one he made for Mandolin Bros. Cool.!! I will send another email, see what info I can get.

Cheers.

Archived