Gibson Brands Forums

custom shop les paul 58 reissue

jfr1952

There are so many places to get one, it's a matter of how much effort and how picky you are.

Nearly every guitar shop that sells Gibson will have one. And online all day long. It's a standard item.

Having said that, aftermarket ones, while they fit the same (usually), some may be a different shade of color. And even a Gibson one could be a slightly different color. In fact, maybe a non-Gibson one might match the pup rings better. BUT...I don't know if such subtle differences is something most would care about.

They are cheap, and if you get one that isn't totally right, mounting it and getting another in the future won't damage anything.

Thank you Stein. I didn't know they were so readily available and I assumed it needed to be a Gibson Custom Shop one. I will get busy finding one. I appreciate the info.

There are so many places to get one, it's a matter of how much effort and how picky you are.

Nearly every guitar shop that sells Gibson will have one. And online all day long. It's a standard item.

Having said that, aftermarket ones, while they fit the same (usually), some may be a different shade of color. And even a Gibson one could be a slightly different color. In fact, maybe a non-Gibson one might match the pup rings better. BUT...I don't know if such subtle differences is something most would care about.

They are cheap, and if you get one that isn't totally right, mounting it and getting another in the future won't damage anything.

Thank you Stein. I didn't know they were so readily available and I assumed it needed to be a Gibson Custom Shop one. I will get busy finding one. I appreciate the info.

Gibson will have 2 models available; standard and Historic. Standards have black packaging; Historic have cream packaging, and cost more. But will most likely fit better with your guitar.

Archived