Gibson Brands Forums

Return of the '61 Reissue

JamGuy

Dear oh dear, you guys, what have you done?!!!

I was watching this thread on and off at the end of last year (I didn't get a 61 re-issue years back when I could/should have, regretted it ever since 2012), but I'm in the UK, and originally before christmas I was thinking "b@stards" why don't we get any of these... So I bought a new tele as my chrimbo pressie to myself.

Then the other day, a black "SG61 reissue proprietary run" was advertised to me via amazon.co.uk. I discovered that was Rich Tone Music. I came looking for this thread to see whether there were any updates in here. There was some - and Cody's post kinda confirmed what I was looking at (that one is still available at the moment, by the way, if anyone is interested).

But I wanted heritage cherry, SO wanted that all along. Oh well, told my missus I wanted one of the new Yamaha THR amps for my birthday...

Then yesterday 5, FIVE, of these in Heritage Cherry showed up on Guitar Guitar in the UK.

AGGGGH!

Last night it had gone down to 4. Oh, what do I do? What do I do? I NEVER order guitars online...

It's just gone down to 3 left [rolleyes]

- mine should be arriving in my grubby paws tomorrow B)

Dear oh dear, you guys, what have you done?!!!

I was watching this thread on and off at the end of last year (I didn't get a 61 re-issue years back when I could/should have, regretted it ever since 2012), but I'm in the UK, and originally before christmas I was thinking "b@stards" why don't we get any of these... So I bought a new tele as my chrimbo pressie to myself.

Then the other day, a black "SG61 reissue proprietary run" was advertised to me via amazon.co.uk. I discovered that was Rich Tone Music. I came looking for this thread to see whether there were any updates in here. There was some - and Cody's post kinda confirmed what I was looking at (that one is still available at the moment, by the way, if anyone is interested).

But I wanted heritage cherry, SO wanted that all along. Oh well, told my missus I wanted one of the new Yamaha THR amps for my birthday...

Then yesterday 5, FIVE, of these in Heritage Cherry showed up on Guitar Guitar in the UK.

AGGGGH!

Last night it had gone down to 4. Oh, what do I do? What do I do? I NEVER order guitars online...

It's just gone down to 3 left [rolleyes]

- mine should be arriving in my grubby paws tomorrow B)

Good for you! [thumbup] I'm (reasonably) sure, you won't regret your purchase! "Timing" is rarely perfect,

so you have to strike when the iron is hot, so to speak!

Remember too, "Photos, or it didn't happen! [biggrin]

CB

Well it arrived a few hours ago.

OH

MY

GOODNESS!

Love it. All I've done so far is lower the pickups a bit to get it a bit sweeter - loved the sound it was making, but I go for slightly less rasp.

It needs setting up for me, I'll do that in a few days - heavier strings, nut slots sorted (widened if necessary but definitely lowered), action raised at the bridge end - but even as it is I'm really very pleased.

No pics yet, but I have done a quick doodle video with my laptop and stuck it on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXYQioyxAV8

Archived