Gibson Brands Forums

Thank You Gibson Customer Service!

xxx

I called Gibson customer service to let them know about my J45 pickguard woes, and today at my door was a FedEx envelope from Gibson with a new pick guard inside.

image_zpsijp7r17v.jpeg

The new guard does indeed have the rubber like feel to it. I also ordered one from Luthiers international which is made from Tor-Tis, an epoxy,composite type material that is much harder than the guard Gibson sent ou. I would leave the guard off, but the few days I have played my J45 without one, it got pretty scratched up, so I'm guessing that after a few years the top would be pretty torn up.

I tried to take and post photos here so we will see. If the photos post the one closest to the camera is the original, the next is the Ordered one, the third the Gibson supplied replacement.

But in either case, THANK YOU Gibson for replying and taking care of your customers. I appreciate it!

I've never had a major issue with any of my Gibsons, but throughout the years I've often had questions in regards to my numerous Gibsons and they have always been friendly and helpful. Answering questions on woods, dates, pick guards, new models. They have almost always answered my questions on the phone, and if they couldn't, they returned my call or sent me an email with the needed info......And of course, we've some great Gibson contacts in this forum..... It's good to hear another good report.

Great to hear. Hopefully, Gibson will look into this issue to see if it's potentially a larger scale problem or just an anomaly.

But it is nice to see a company being responsive to its customers and for its customers to publicly acknowledge when the right thing is done.

I hope you find the perfect solution for you in this matter. It looks like that middle guard might be perfect for it.

I've had only two encounters with Customer Service (one for an amplifier, one for a guitar). Both issues received prompt attention. In each case, I received a call or an e-mail within 24 hours stating what corrective action would be taken (in one case, a completely new guitar was sent as a replacement for a relatively minor problem with an ES-135 !!!).

There are many reasons that I've been buying and playing Gibsons for 55 years. Lifetime warranty and customer service are among them -

randyc

Archived