Gibson Brands Forums

I'm pulling the trigger on a New Les Paul

scottpaine_69

It's a nice Gibson Les Paul. The model is a Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Traditional Classic. Traditional style neck with the fret nibs It does have a G-Force tunner but My 2015 Gibson Leas Paul Classic does alson and I'm 1 of the few who like it. It has the 57 classic NO coil split but I'm going to put in the EMG 57/66 pups in it soon. I have a couple of full on hot rodded les pauls with the Zakk Wylde 81/85 EMGs and my 2015 with the 57 classic vintage alinco 2 so I need a middle of the road les paul and I think I found her. chek out the link and let me know what ya think. I got a good deal. It was $1999 dropped down to $1859 but there was a 2 day deal on AMS for $1799 but zZounds matched and beat the price and gave it to me for $1780. On the AMS site it went back up to $1999 today but I have the $1780 price untill 12/06/2015 So I need to make the decision fast. (I sometimes have byers remorse but it does go away lol..) Check out the link and let me know your opions.. Thanks Scott..

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLPCSA15?snid=14470

Can't believe I'm the first to comment. I love it. I really do! And would you believe it looks like an exact duplicate to my Epiphone Standard? Well, headstock and logo different. I wish mine was a Gibson but for $400.00, it looks and sounds great.

It's a nice Gibson Les Paul. The model is a Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Traditional Classic. Traditional style neck with the fret nibs It does have a G-Force tunner but My 2015 Gibson Leas Paul Classic does alson and I'm 1 of the few who like it. It has the 57 classic NO coil split but I'm going to put in the EMG 57/66 pups in it soon. I have a couple of full on hot rodded les pauls with the Zakk Wylde 81/85 EMGs and my 2015 with the 57 classic vintage alinco 2 so I need a middle of the road les paul and I think I found her. chek out the link and let me know what ya think. I got a good deal. It was $1999 dropped down to $1859 but there was a 2 day deal on AMS for $1799 but zZounds matched and beat the price and gave it to me for $1780. On the AMS site it went back up to $1999 today but I have the $1780 price untill 12/06/2015 So I need to make the decision fast. (I sometimes have byers remorse but it does go away lol..) Check out the link and let me know your opions.. Thanks Scott..

http://www.zzounds.c...SA15?snid=14470

BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!

That is astoundingly cool; is it an exclusive?

Are you leaning towards the Ebony or Ice Tea finish?

Great guitar, go for it… I love the Ice tea burst! I only like a Black in a Les Paul Custom with ebony fretboard and gold hardware but thats just me...

Not just you, I think the same way.

But in this case, I would simply change all the plastics to black ones and add reflector knobs.

Chrome on black is cool.

On other finishes I prefere nickel.

Nice deal Scott!

Thanks for all the input. Just to anwser a question or two that a couple of people asked. As for the color, I'm leaning towards the ebony, I already have a really nice burst les paul with a flame top. As for the blemished and non-factory sealed guiars, they are not avalible for the 12 month payment plan (which is the only way I could afford it) and you do NOT get the warrenty from gibson or the store. I almost bought a non-factory sealed/blemished guitar last year until I read the fine print and found out you don't the warrenty from Gibson. So I bought a New Gibson Les Paul Classic last year. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have a few more days that the deal is good for, so I'm still thinking it over. The decision would have been much easier 7 years ago when I was single and didn't have a 6yr son. My woman says Buy it but I always feel guilty for spending that much money on myself. The same thing happened last year and I almost sent the 2015 Gibson I bought back until my son freaked out and told me not to send His guitar back. lol.

Thanks for all the input. Just to anwser a question or two that a couple of people asked. As for the color, I'm leaning towards the ebony, I already have a really nice burst les paul with a flame top. As for the blemished and non-factory sealed guiars, they are not avalible for the 12 month payment plan (which is the only way I could afford it) and you do NOT get the warrenty from gibson or the store. I almost bought a non-factory sealed/blemished guitar last year until I read the fine print and found out you don't the warrenty from Gibson. So I bought a New Gibson Les Paul Classic last year. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have a few more days that the deal is good for, so I'm still thinking it over. The decision would have been much easier 7 years ago when I was single and didn't have a 6yr son. My woman says Buy it but I always feel guilty for spending that much money on myself. The same thing happened last year and I almost sent the 2015 Gibson I bought back until my son freaked out and told me not to send His guitar back. lol.

Not sure what you mean by "factory sealed". Really, you don't want ever a guitar sealed from the factory, as the dealer SHOULD inspect it for you. And if buying online or by mail, it's always good to have some communication with the dealer so he knows what you want in a guitar.

Also, I don't really understand where you loose any warranty on a new Gibson, blemish or not. Don't know if that is accurate. It's either new or it isn't.

Having said all that, I'm going against the rest of the posters here. I notice, you seem like a good guy, family first and all that. And from here, even though the wife says "buy it" (normally, that's NOT something you turn down), I wouldn't dare tell another man how to handle family finances.

The other reason: I notice you seem to have a number of guitars, LP's, but only one amp. And a so-so one at that. I might think if you have multiple guitars, you would want at least 2 decent amps, so as to share, and jam with others at will.

But also, and I am evangelical about this, a good guitar deserves a good amp. No matter how many "good" guitars you have, it won't come together in it's fullest until you get a top-notch amp.

Not sure what you mean by "factory sealed". Really, you don't want ever a guitar sealed from the factory, as the dealer SHOULD inspect it for you. And if buying online or by mail, it's always good to have some communication with the dealer so he knows what you want in a guitar.

Also, I don't really understand where you loose any warranty on a new Gibson, blemish or not. Don't know if that is accurate. It's either new or it isn't.

Having said all that, I'm going against the rest of the posters here. I notice, you seem like a good guy, family first and all that. And from here, even though the wife says "buy it" (normally, that's NOT something you turn down), I wouldn't dare tell another man how to handle family finances.

The other reason: I notice you seem to have a number of guitars, LP's, but only one amp. And a so-so one at that. I might think if you have multiple guitars, you would want at least 2 decent amps, so as to share, and jam with others at will.

But also, and I am evangelical about this, a good guitar deserves a good amp. No matter how many "good" guitars you have, it won't come together in it's fullest until you get a top-notch amp.

Thanks for the input. As for the non-factory sealed and blemished guitars, I've made a few buys online from AMS and my last Gibson from zZounds and when you click on the learn more about Non-factory sealed items it specifically says thay are not covered under manufactures warrenty. You have to love the fine print, especilly when you have to click to find it. Now to adress the amps. I'm a solid stae fan and I did use Marshall (solid states along with either a zoom or digitec effects floor processers). But I play the Fender Mustang V with the processer built in. The 150 watt stereo head and 4X12 200 watt stereo cab cost under $600 new. THe other guitarist in the band is a tube amp guy and usally doesn't care for solid state amps but mine is the first one he has ever liked and between his tube tone and my solid state tone they comliment each other very well liv and in the studio. I have some tube presets that are amazing. I can go from joe bonamassa and zz top to Zakk Wylde. I can't believe how good it is for the price. FYI, I do also have a fender machete 40 watt tube head and a 1X12 cab and fender hot rod tube amp at my disposal. I'm saving for another amp and I will not compramise. The next head I get is one I've wanted for years and it's a Mesa Boogie dual rectifer. Besides! You can't have to many Gibson Les Pauls....

My woman says Buy it but I always feel guilty for spending that much money on myself. The same thing happened last year and I almost sent the 2015 Gibson I bought back until my son freaked out and told me not to send His guitar back. lol.

I quite often feel the 'guilt' having spent a lot of money on anything; I recently bought a new iMac (fair few notes as you might expect), and there were a few days between order and delivery where I thought; "should I have done that? It's a lot of money!" but once it arrived it was all fine.

Like before; just push through the guilt and enjoy the guitar for what it is; yours!

Archived