Gibson Brands Forums

Pet Hates!

Digger

Those annoying little stickers that are on apples!

Motorists that do 20 kph under the speed limit where you can't pass them, and speed up over the limit in a passing lane to try and keep you behind them!

Then they slow down again (WTF?)

Tailgaters when I am already doing 30 mph above the speed limit.

Drivers who swerve into my lane while they are texting their moron friends.

Women who marry me, only to to take all my money and half my stuff years later.

Ultra-heavy guitar strings, mounted on every single new guitar in every single guitar shop around the world.

Battleship cables they are. Antennae guy-wires.

Everybody knows that guitar strings should be light or extra-light.

Guys who sit in the guitar shop and play Sweet Child O' Mine, poorly.

[mellow]

people that pull out in front of me, when there is no one behind me on the highway, and make no attempt to speed up.

people that say "like" every 3rd or 4th word.

liquid of unknown origin

loud people in restaurants. speak within your own circle. i dont want to hear your conversation from across the room.

commercials that are 2x louder than the program I'm watching on tv.

gigs that have knowingly hired a 'Blues Rock" band, then ask if you play the 'Electric Slide" , 'Brick House" or anything by Poison ...

band members that look around and ask "you ready, you ready ?" when they start the song by themselves... we'll freakin' hear you. start the damn song.

I know of the song.

I thought this was one of those tunes that I had probably heard but couldn't match to the title. So I just found it and listened to it.

I was wrong. Never heard it before.

It was a radio hit over here in the late 1980's.

I was up to my neck in a variety of other endeavors and affairs at the time, and didn't pay much attention to the song, or to the band who wrote and recorded it.

Years later, it tops the list of songs that make me cringe whenever I walk into a music store and hear some guy playing (poorly, while trying out a guitar and amp).

#1 Sweet Child O Mine, by Guns N Roses

#2 Blackbird, by Paul McCartney

#3 House Of The Rising Son, by The Animals

#4 Crazy Train, by Ozzy Osbourne

$5 Smoke On The Water, by Deep Purple

Okay, there are more, but those stand out in my mind.

63b610859f5c5953853a5853fb69a12d.jpg

Impatient, uncouth drivers who tailgate me when I'm driving at a safe speed which is well under the legal limit but who then complain about my driving when I speed up as and when the road conditions allow....

Nah. J/K. Those folks annoy the Hell out of me too.

Incompetence

Stupidity...

I mis-read the first as "Incontinence".

I couldn't work out why incontinent people should qualify as a pet hate. Then the penny dropped (so to speak....Ho!Ho!Ho!...).

Does that qualify me as belonging to the second group?...

Pip.

I know of the song.

I thought this was one of those tunes that I had probably heard but couldn't match to the title. So I just found it and listened to it.

I was wrong. Never heard it before.

so you live under a rock in the uk somewhere? the biggest guitar-driven single of the late 80's, overplayed on every classic rock station in the western world, and you, a musician/guitar player, have never heard it until this thread? lets say i'm extremely skeptical. unless you're under 20 or over 60. then i can accept it's a remote possibility.

pull onto an interstate that is jammed with traffic,, your exit is 15 miles down the road, so merging LEFT seems the thing to do. But you can't beacuse the clowns in the left lane, with no place to go, refuse to acknowledge your turn signal and instead of just let you merge in the lane, they SLOWLY drive by you like you didn't exist.. I mean, where they gonna go? there's 1,000 cars all going 2mph, yea I hate that...

While in a music store trying to have a conversation, while some moron is trying out a EH Ravish,, (OMG! an annoyance beyond imagination) yea I hate that..

Driving close to 80mph on the interstate, and some jacka%% in a Pickup truck is right on your rear bumper. yea I hate that..

Driving at night, and the person behind you is in an SUV or Pcikup and their headlights are like laser beams in your review mirror, and you can't see crap.. yep I hate that.

Waiting for a fuel pump to open up on a busy morning while the idiot your waiting to leave is sitting in his car on the phone, AFTER he's done filling up.. (seriously man?) oh yes, I hate that.. (Someone needs a freakin smack!)

I could go on, but I hate it when people are negative...

Anytime the news refers to anything as "chilling".

Recent incorrect, overuse of the word "pivot".

"Thank You For You Service". That's just so stupid on so many levels it really just chaps my sit upon.

rct

so you live under a rock in the uk somewhere? the biggest guitar-driven single of the late 80's, overplayed on every classic rock station in the western world, and you, a musician/guitar player, have never heard it until this thread? lets say i'm extremely skeptical. unless you're under 20 or over 60. then i can accept it's a remote possibility.

Yep. My rock is called 'Unwise Bill' and it looks like a toucan.

Your own logic has exempted me in any case. I am 61.

Guns & Roses have enough listeners anyway. I was too busy listening to stuff no-one cares enough about. Mostly American stuff too. String Cheese Incident, Pele Juju, God Street Wine, Rusted Root, moe, Zero, Leftover Salmon, The Radiators, Poi Dog Pondering, Widespread Panic, Fiji Mariners, Steve Kimock Band, Aquarium Rescue Unit, Calexico etc... etc..... etc....

This is another pet hate. Too many great artists that are under-appreciated.

Yep. My rock is called 'Unwise Bill' and it looks like a toucan.

Your own logic has exempted me in any case. I am 61.

Guns & Roses have enough listeners anyway. I was too busy listening to stuff no-one cares enough about. Mostly American stuff too. String Cheese Incident, Pele Juju, God Street Wine, Rusted Root, moe, Zero, Leftover Salmon, The Radiators, Poi Dog Pondering, Widespread Panic, Fiji Mariners, Steve Kimock Band, Aquarium Rescue Unit, Calexico etc... etc..... etc....

This is another pet hate. Too many great artists that are under-appreciated.

some great bands you just mentioned ... especially Widespread Panic.

People in guitar center who play 8 string Drop C tuned guitars sitting a foot in front of a 100W amp and turn it up to 7, and then inch it up every time they hear something that is not them.

Musical chainsaws see above example

People who think going into a guitar store is the place to practice.

Archived