Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

LPguitarman

My wife and daughter got me a replacement Cry Baby Wah for my Birthday yesterday. It's model GCB95. My old one(from back in the 70's also Model GCB-95) occasionally shuts off when I press on it to activate the wah...dead silence. Happens in the middle of a song, of course. Don't know if there is any significance with the -95, but I had to drill a hole in the bottom of it to attach a power supply to the 9v battery connector. The new one is built for a power supply. I mentioned that I need a new one, so they surprised me with it.

I might add, this is the first time anyone, except my parents when I was a kid, has bought me a music related gift, pedal etc... My wife always just lets me do my own buying...if I need it I buy it. Nice change of pace to have someone else buy something.

My wife and daughter got me a replacement Cry Baby Wah for my Birthday yesterday. It's model GCB95. My old one(from back in the 70's also Model GCB-95) occasionally shuts off when I press on it to activate the wah...dead silence. Happens in the middle of a song, of course. Don't know if there is any significance with the -95, but I had to drill a hole in the bottom of it to attach a power supply to the 9v battery connector. The new one is built for a power supply. I mentioned that I need a new one, so they surprised me with it.

I might add, this is the first time anyone, except my parents when I was a kid, has bought me a music related gift, pedal etc... My wife always just lets me do my own buying...if I need it I buy it. Nice change of pace to have someone else buy something.

Send me a message if you want me to fix the old one for you or if you're getting rid of it :)

Enjoy your new wah! [thumbup]

If you feel like tinkering with it, they are very easy to modify and sound MUCH better afterward. A good place to start...under DIY resources. If you're not handy with a soldering iron, there are some good drop in replacement boards available at many places as well.

Archived