Gibson Brands Forums

NHD, NGD

SteveT2

Getting a new home shortly. Which means new guitar day. I've never had a Lester, that's about to change. My SG has the 490-498 p'ups. I like them but they are kind of one dimensional. I'm thinking more along the lines of 57 classics or maybe burstbusters. I grew up back in the 70s so that's kinda my musical foundations. So if anyone has any suggestions in all ears

1 more for a '57. Installed a Quick-Connect Classic+ in the bridge of my Studio just yesterday, replacing a 490T.

Admittedly; the pickup itself is a customised version; I swapped out the A2 magnet with an A4 as I was feeling experimental...

Getting a new home shortly. Which means new guitar day. I've never had a Lester, that's about to change. My SG has the 490-498 p'ups. I like them but they are kind of one dimensional. I'm thinking more along the lines of 57 classics or maybe burstbusters. I grew up back in the 70s so that's kinda my musical foundations. So if anyone has any suggestions in all ears

Is that the rule? New home = new guitar? If that's the case, I owe myself like 4 new guitars....

Like Pip said, can't go wrong with a Traditional.

Is that the rule? New home = new guitar? If that's the case, I owe myself like 4 new guitars....

Like Pip said, can't go wrong with a Traditional.

Just did a tryout. It's going to be a trad. As soon as I remember how to post pics I think I found the one. Hopefully it'll still be there when I close

1 more for a '57. Installed a Quick-Connect Classic+ in the bridge of my Studio just yesterday, replacing a 490T.

Admittedly; the pickup itself is a customised version; I swapped out the A2 magnet with an A4 as I was feeling experimental...

How did you like the new mags ?

Love the logic in that statement.

Tell us what you finally decide, and post pictures.

Good hunting.

Hope to be closing mid January. As soon as it's official and banks won't freak out over we err another chunk of cash going out the door I'm bringing one home

I have the Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge position on my Les Paul.

It's a fantastic pickup, and hotter than a drunken school teacher.

:lol:

Hotter than a drunken schoolteacher kinda made me laugh. Even though my Mom was a teacher

How did you like the new mags ?

Yet to test with a decent amp; mine is on the fritz and needs replacing (good thing I just had my credit card limit increased...) but so far sounds good! Screaming bridge tone that comes better with the Al4; it's not as warm as a Al2, so the bridge tone sounds a bit crisper and tighter.

I'll posting a video soon; just waiting to record a proper demo of it.

Yet to test with a decent amp; mine is on the fritz and needs replacing (good thing I just had my credit card limit increased...) but so far sounds good! Screaming bridge tone that comes better with the Al4; it's not as warm as a Al2, so the bridge tone sounds a bit crisper and tighter.

I'll posting a video soon; just waiting to record a proper demo of it.

Any luck yet ? As soon as I get through closing I have one picked out. If it's gone by then I'm sure there will be another

Archived