Gibson Brands Forums

Merle Haggard Not doing well.

retrorod

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/merle-haggard-hospitalized-postpones-shows-20151204

I bought the Django CD when it came out - both he and Willie Nelson are national treasures. Rest up highway men - the road is both these guys middle name. :-({|=

I agree I was lucky enough to see another road warrior as my very first concert ever, many moons ago with my mother and father in our home town..it was probably 1965 or so...Marty Robbins and he was great grabbed me at the age of 6 or 7 ....have also seen willie three or four times.. would like to see merle

Read somewhere that Merle was doing bad. I hate to hear it. He is a National Treasure of an artist and performer in my opinion. The "real deal".....

i am 46, but im old enough to remember what real country music is. Cheers to one of the pioneers and prayers for better health.

I saw Merle close a triple bill with Conway Twitty and George Jones 20 years ago. He looked like death warmed over then! Shaking, sweating, pale, weak. He managed to get through a 35 minute set and when called back for an encore croaked into the mic, "Y'all are killing me!". I thought, no Merle, it ain't us. Love the guy and wish him nothing but well but hard living has a way of catching up with everyone. He's booked to play The Strawberry Festival here in the spring. I'd go see him again.

Archived