Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fingers galore

NFVD

I just picked up this Flying V 2016 model in ebony. The pups are 500T & 496R. They are quite hot and scream when cranked, but clean up nicely when rolling off the volume. The volume and tone pots are 500K according to Gibson. It sustains forever it seems. Fit and finish are fantastic. The only negative thing is the crappy gig bag it came in. I bought a hard case for it so not really an issue. Here are the obligatory pictures. Cheers.

Gibson Flying V Pro 2016

20151207_111037_zps76ilnsx5.jpg

20151207_111059_zpsthvzizey.jpg

20151207_111616_zpsekpxgxck.jpg

20151207_111430_zps2bd15dzp.jpg

VERY nice dude. Happy playing [thumbup]

I really like the look of the Vs this year with all that nice binding.. Classy :)

Hey, Fingers. Nice to see you here with a NG(FV)D thread!

Normally I'm a dyed-in-the-wool 'covers on' fellow but the Zebras with the Ebony and cream binding on both the body and the neck are a wonderful combination.

Really gorgeous axe.

Have lots of fun!

Pip.

... The only negative thing is the crappy gig bag it came in. I bought a hard case for it so not really an issue. ...

Hey, Fingers. Nice to see you here with a NG(FV)D thread!

Normally I'm a dyed-in-the-wool 'covers on' fellow but the Zebras with the Ebony and cream binding on both the body and the neck are a wonderful combination.

Really gorgeous axe.

Have lots of fun!

Pip.

I completely agree with the quotes. Congrats on your pretty catch! [love][thumbup]

I'm not really a V guy but that is really nice looking.

Would go just fine with my black ES175 or my black Strat.... [smile][wink]

or the 'Aerodyne' Strat I used to have...

very nice, congrats and have fun!

Big thumbs up! I like it.. That's a hell of a truss rod cover[thumbup] lots of room to work.

Are the nibs binded on that beauty?

Great looking guitar.... [thumbup]

And yes indeed, the zebras go extremely well with the ebony finish

First saw these played by Dave Davies and Jimi Hendrix

A guitar way ahead of it's time.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

I didn`t really consider myself a Flying V guy either, but this one spoke to me. There was another one of the same model in red which was cool too. I like the ebony better. I prefer covered pups but also enjoy the look of the zebras. I forgot to mention that the neck is a 60`s slim taper, and the neck binding has nibs. Thankfully, no robot tuning. It has Kluson tuners. The nut is something called TekToid which is supposedly self lubricating. It doesn`t look any different than the standard corian nut to me. Also included was a picture of the guitar on the work bench at quality control. Gibson added a black micro fiber polishing cloth with the Gibson logo on it. Pretty cool.

Anyway, I took it down to my band´s practice room and gave it run through my amp. It sounds killer. I launched into a few Judas Priest riffs to do it justice...

Thanks for the kind words guys. Cheers.

Here is another picture that shows the nibs.

20151207_111200_zpspce8a9qn.jpg