Pickups: Dirty Fingers humbuckers

Vibrato: Floyd Rose top loader

Body: Solid mahogany body

Finish: Black chrome with red accents

Controls: Simple and efficient

Carrying case: Padded gigbag

LPCMB16SEBC1_MAIN_HERO_01_zps8xpmpf8c.jpg

SG Light 7

The Angel of Death (Metal) (?????) (I like the funky 7th fret inlay)

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/SG-Light-7.aspx

$2499

Tuners: Grover tuners

Nut: Tektoid nut

Fingerboard: Richlite fingerboard

Inlays: Mother of Pearl traps with custom "VII" inlay on the 7th case

Binding: Artic white binding

Heel: Fast-access heel

Pickups: Seymour Duncan humbuckers

Strings: 7 strings

Hardware: Chrome hardware

Carrying case: Traditional white SG hardshell case

SGLS7AWCH1_MAIN_HERO_01_zpsczjbao3g.jpg

SG Dark 7

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/SG-Dark-7.aspx

$2499

Tuners: Grover tuners

Nut: Tektoid nut

Fingerboard: Richlite fingerboard

Inlays: Mother of Pearl traps with custom "VII" inlay on the 7th case

Binding: Black binding

Heel: Fast-access heel

Pickups: Seymour Duncan humbuckers

Strings: 7 strings

Hardware: Black chrome hardware

Carrying case: Traditional SG hardshell case

SGDS7EBBC1_MAIN_HERO_01_zpsyli6c8ew.jpg

The Les Paul CM Black looks interesting to me. Never saw a Floyd Rose Top Loader before. This system should match virtually any solidbody guitar, if it allows for mounting a locking nut, that is. The body wood African mahogany seems remarkable, too.

The Les Paul CM Black looks interesting to me. Never saw a Floyd Rose Top Loader before. This system should match virtually any solidbody guitar, if it allows for mounting a locking nut, that is. The body wood African mahogany seems remarkable, too.

Yes I was wondering about that Floyd Rose too.. Couple more pics

LPCMB16SEBC1_ELECTRONICS_SIDE_zpsrbaxzulq.jpg

LPCMB16SEBC1_BODY_FRONT_BACK_zpsdkymmlc4.jpg

The black SG looks awesome. I would prefer nickel hardware and pickup covers, and maybe more color options, but overall I think it's really cool.

You're pretty much stuck choosing between ESP/LTD and Ibanez for 7 strings. Really cool to see this option from Gibson.

Stylistically, the SG is an obvious choice for this idea, but I wonder if the added tension on the neck will make it any less stable? It's so easy to do a "neck bend" on an SG, I hear it happening just from moving around while playing.

... It's so easy to do a "neck bend" on an SG, I hear it happening just from moving around while playing.

[biggrin] Yes, definitely! I had just bought my 1978 S-G used when I was recorded for the first single of my then band. Frisking like I did onstage, I made the pitches went up and down. The recording engineer didn't like that although it matched the beat. [rolleyes] So he told me to dance around the guitar while avoiding any forces between picking and fretting hand. This became my new dance style for all the gigs to follow, and I kept on doing it that way with any guitar since September 1982. I'm not kidding but still think it's funny! [lol]

[biggrin] Yes, definitely! I had just bought my 1978 S-G used when I was recorded for the first single of my then band. Frisking like I did onstage, I made the pitches went up and down. The recording engineer didn't like that although it matched the beat. [rolleyes] So he told me to dance around the guitar while avoiding any forces between picking and fretting hand. This became my new dance style for all the gigs to follow, and I kept on doing it that way with any guitar since September 1982. I'm not kidding but still think it's funny! [lol]

Made my morning cap [lol][biggrin][thumbup]

Glad to see Gibson offering up some 7 string choices for those that like them. I went through a 7 string period back when Ibanez first rolled them out because it was something new & exciting and the songs we were playing back then called for having them in the band. Sold them off years ago and have no desire to own one again but I do like that Gibson is offering them up. That's the kind of innovation that will sell :)

Another +1 from here to Gibson for offering something a bit more rad.

Personally I still struggle in coping with the six strings I already have but I hope the 7-stringers pull in some new blood for Gibson as a brand.

And I do particularly like the looks of the all-white SG, too.

The 7th fret inlay (as a nod to the 7 strings presumably) is a nice touch.

Pip.

Archived