Gibson Brands Forums

J150

kwalker201

First off the guitar for sale not a Standard and was NEVER known as a J-200 Standard - although some people try to pass it off as one. Gibson did make a J-200 Studio to which the J-150 is more similar than a J-200 Standard.

The price is too high - priced like a used J-200. Here's the completed J-150 deals on fleaBay and the prices range from $1100 to $1700 (IMO $1700 is even too high).

First off the guitar for sale not a Standard and was NEVER known as a J-200 Standard. Gibson did make a J-200 Studio to which the J-150 is more similar than a J-200 Standard.

The price is too high - priced like a used J-200. Here's the completed J-150 deals on fleaBay and the prices range from $1100 to $1700 (IMO $1700 is even too high).

That was my gut feeling about this.

1999 was the first year of the J-150. I bought one new in 2001 for $1850. In today's market, $1500 would be a good price, but tone/playability and condition are what matters, and $1700 would seem reasonable for a stellar example.

Gibson jumbos can be all over the map - anywhere from deep & resonant, to muted & dead. They need to be assessed in hand, so make sure you have full return rights!

1999 was the first year of the J-150. I bought one new in 2001 for $1850. In today's market, $1500 would be a good price, but tone/playability and condition are what matters, and $1700 would seem reasonable for a stellar example.

Gibson jumbos can be all over the map - anywhere from deep & resonant, to muted & dead. They need to be assessed in hand, so make sure you have full return rights!

This guitar is 7 hours drive away. Could make a nice weekend getaway just to check it out if he is willing to do some serious negotiating.

I do not need another one but I'm wanting to add something to the J15 and D28 heard.

I paid $1550 for mine. But I also believe I got it for a good price. Worth every dime. I also own a J 200 so I can speak to this- there are a lot of J 200 snobs out there. But My J 150 blows my J 200 out of the water. Not even close. I love them both, but Sophia's choice... J 150 all day. Pay an extra $500 or $600 hundy over this guys asking price and buy a J 200. Or you can wait for a J 150 to come around again cheaper than this, if that is what you want. They do come around every couple of months or so.

I really believe if there was a J 300 out there with more bling and shine, there would not be as be much love for the J 200 and the more expensive J 300 would be everybodys king. Just the way of the world. And then when the J 400 comes out, the J 300 would be a dog.

Taking the J 150 in my coffin with me when I go.

Dont want to start a riot, just my opinion.

I paid $1550 for mine. But I also believe I got it for a good price. Worth every dime. I also own a J 200 so I can speak to this- there are a lot of J 200 snobs out there. But My J 150 blows my J 200 out of the water. Not even close. I love them both, but Sophia's choice... J 150 all day. Pay an extra $500 or $600 hundy over this guys asking price and buy a J 200. Or you can wait for a J 150 to come around again cheaper than this, if that is what you want. They do come around every couple of months or so.

I really believe if there was a J 300 out there with more bling and shine, there would not be as be much love for the J 200 and the more expensive J 300 would be everybodys king. Just the way of the world. And then when the J 400 comes out, the J 300 would be a dog.

Taking the J 150 in my coffin with me when I go.

Dont want to start a riot, just my opinion.

Actually there was a J300 as well as a J250 which would be the Monarch..

I sold my J150 for 1500 earlier this year. It was a 2005. The price on the one shown does seem out-of-line..........Also, not needing a guitar and wanting a guitar are two very different things. The "wanting" easily overwhelms the "needing."

I have not played much on a J45. With having a J15 I would think they would be very similar so this is why I was looking at these.

Archived