Gibson Brands Forums

One Talented kid.

splake

Yes, we recognise the guy from the many clips behind all those dream-guitars - Furusawa. What a voice to work with - double hole through.

Nice to see him try his luck on the real-life stage. Done that a lot myself - and if you find the right spot, it can be highly rewarding.

And by the right spot is meant :

1 - Good sound w. a little helping ambience

2 - Groovy surroundings w. an atmosphere, not too posh, not too raw

3 - A place where people aren't in a hurry rushing to or back from work.

Actually train-platforms or station underground-path-systems are not ideal. Restless and noisy.

May I recommend the tunnel between Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. In all modesty I celebrated triumphs down there over 3 decades ago

Btw. nice to hear him do Sukiyaki - a worldwide early-60's Japanese hit with a quite enchanting melody.

Btw. nice to hear him do Sukiyaki - a worldwide early-60's Japanese hit with a quite enchanting melody.

I agree, EM7, it was great to hear Sukiyaki again. The song brings back memories....

I was thinking yesterday that it's been quite awhile since you've busked us here at the forum. But I just noticed that Amelia has appeared.

Nicely done.

FMA

I agree, EM7, it was great to hear Sukiyaki again. The song brings back memories....

I was thinking yesterday that it's been quite awhile since you've busked us here at the forum. But I just noticed that Amelia has appeared.

Nicely done.

FMA

Thanx, Fullmental. Was recorded in a little home-studio many years ago. Wonder why it is so low-volumed.

It's the D-35 and the other (slide)guitarist plays a vintage small-body all hog Mart.

For those who might be interested, here's the Amelia link - https://soundcloud.com/nitebeach/amelia

Seems the good Takeshi Furusawa has a dream-job. Just Tube him and he'll roll it all out for miles.

Great talent and video. Am I wrong in saying that the guitar looked small for a J200? Unless the guy is really big, it just didn't look like it was jumbo-sized. What about those inlays on the bridge? Inquiring mind(s) want to know......

Not feeling the love?

I get it. Kids like this are probably an easy target here. A lot of accompolished players who laugh the dude off.

I am in a different camp.

I always liked watching players work the city with their guitars. Kid has balls, and he can sing. And F**K he is singing Lennon/Mccartney. Whats not to like?

What makes you say 'not feeling the love' ? Every reply has been a positive one ... ??

Not feeling the love?

I get it. Kids like this are probably an easy target here. A lot of accompolished players who laugh the dude off.

I am in a different camp.

I always liked watching players work the city with their guitars. Kid has balls, and he can sing. And F**K he is singing Lennon/Mccartney. Whats not to like?

What makes you say 'not feeling the love' ? Every reply has been a positive one ... ??

'Was wondering the same thing (although with different wording).

Maybe Joe M's reply? But like any guitar fan, he simply enjoys i.d.'ing guitars like most of us here do (?). It's the internet- things can always be taken the wrong way.

Seems the good Takeshi Furusawa has a dream-job. Just Tube him and he'll roll it all out for miles.

I spent last evening watching one of his videos after another. An evening pleasantly spent.

Are all the guitars he plays really as good as they sound or can that $20k (or so) rack of gear behind him (and his obvious talent and a really good engineer) make anything sound good?

I guess I'm wondering if a format such as Furusawa has couldn't sell a lot of new Gibsons by providing an alternative to the somewhat sterile auditions of Tony P and Greg Koch (guess I can't call anything Koch does "sterile.") I mean getting to hear a new guitar as it could sound in a session with vocals and gear since that's the way it's going to be used by those of you who actually work at music for $.

Thanks again for posting this Splake.

this maybe lost in the translation.

There's 20 minutes of my life I can't get back--and I don't want back. That vid was nice. Thanks for posting it splake.

If anyone can recommend more of Furusawa-san on YouTube I'd appreciate it.

took it as sarcasm. Lost in the translation I guess. Carry on boys, dont want to box anyone. [biggrin]

My goal is to get out there and play live like this in Chi-town some day soon. Never done it. Would never, ever, ever however take a 64 J 200 out in the snow, like he did in C-park. Yean, I know they are made to be played and all that but Jesus-Christ.

This to me is what its about, I would rather watch a street musician like this play the subway or a dude that bangs on an old acoustic for change, then pay $300 friggin dollars and go see the stones. It may be blasphemy I know.

The kid does have some toys. I salivate when I watch the guitars he plays.

Youre weird. Or totally unable to read the reply of a poster. Or both.

Read my last post. Im wierd? Yeah, more than you will ever know. You copied and posted when I was in the middle of editing something.

If ya need some help reading I have some hooked on phonics videos I can lend you that I used in third grade. [flapper]

Troll much? Calling total strangers wierd on an internet forum. Your classy.

this maybe lost in the translation.

took it as sarcasm. Lost in the translation I guess. Carry on boys, dont want to box anyone. [biggrin]

This to me is what its about, I would rather watch a street musician like this play the subway or a dude that bangs on an old acoustic for change, then pay $300 friggin dollars and go see the stones. It may be blasphemy I know.

The kid does have some toys. I salivate when I watch the guitars he plays.

Sorry splake. My fault. I definitely enjoyed your original post so much that the 20 minutes to watch it were worth the time spent. In fact I spent another hour and a half or so watching more of Furusawa-san. Amazing guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG2HSjVg1fE

2:00 "Get back Loletta!"

Read my last post. Im wierd? Yeah, more than you will ever know. You copied and posted when I was in the middle of editing something.

If ya need some help reading I have some hooked on phonics videos I can lend you that I used in third grade. [flapper]

Troll much? Calling total strangers wierd on an internet forum. Your classy.

I copied what you posted mate. You post, we see. But I see you conveniently decided to edit out your comment and fire back - classy.

btw: these are not his guitars.

No - and he sometimes mentions this. Do you or anyone know who he's working/testing for ?

Yep. His mate is a big time TV producer in Tokyo and obviously a massive collector. Although young Takeshi must get pretty frustrated as he smokes the owner in terms of talent (seen a few vids), but obviously not bank account. I remember him writing on the AGF sometime ago that he's saving up big time to get his fist vintage Gibson, maybe this J-200 is the one ..

Archived