Gibson Brands Forums

2014 LP std for $1299

ksdaddy

My friend who owns the music store got a couple guitars from another store downstate. They swap stuff back and forth to suit what is needed on the rack. He took in this 2014 LP Std with that damned robot thing. He's got it on the rack for $1299. Given the clientele and their finances, it will hang there a while. I might be able to get it for less.

I've already researched DE-roboting it.

Good deal?

whe5us.jpg

Killer deal for that guitar. 2014 is one of the best years for quality that I've seen from Gibson in quite awhile. I own a Lemon Burst Classic 2014 and may pull the trigger on a Wine Red Classic same year. At my local big chain music store for $1499 which is a smoking deal, so yeah, buy that standard!!!

I DON'T think that's a very good deal AT ALL!!! [-X

...by the way, what did you say was the name of that shop, and maybe its phone number? Just curious. <_<

lol.... I was thinking the exact same thing [biggrin] ..... If I were at that music store, that geetar would had followed me home

I've seen Standards go for a little less but that's a good deal if you can get past the inlay. Some can't. You could probably buy aftermarket tuners, sell the robots, and break even. Guitar Center is also apparently replacing them on new guitars free of charge. Maybe this store can do the same for you?

Great deal!! I'll tell you what, If the price is still too high for your budget, check out that SG next to it! I have a 2005 sg Classic that has an oddly fat neck on it(as fat as body almost) and the guitar gets more play than my reissue LP and my Es335! Great guitar for the money!! Id be buying em both if I had the cash! Make an offer for 2000 both out the door. Hehe. Still miss my standard. I sold to a friend so I play it now and then. Cheers.

I'd grab it and run for that price. In 2013 I grabbed my LP Standard Gold Top with 60's neck and ran for $1,454.62. Not sure if Guitar Center realized with what they had. It came from another guitar store and they said they couldn't sell it for new price. Fact was it was new in mint condition and no pick scratches on the pick guard or anywhere. It was sitting high up in both stores so likely no one played it. Guitar centers employee hung it in the used section and they thought it was a 2014. They didn't know it was a standard. So I e-mailed Gibson with the serial and model numbers. And it was a 2007, not 14 and it sold brand new that year for $3,448.00 I think they realized what they did after I was by the exit door and I was chased down by an employee in the parking lot. They wanted to buy it back! I waited 60 years to get my first Gibson. Thought I made a good deal. msp_flapper.gif

Archived